• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do creationists eat pork?

james2ko

No need for me to repeat what 9-10ths and Tumbleweed have already presented.Now if someone were to actually put forth a counter argument to what the two of them have presented...

In other words, you haven't a clue to what Paul actually meant.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
In other words, you haven't a clue to what Paul actually meant.
*yawn*
Your sad attempt at effective ad hominem aside, perhaps you would like to actually try to refute the position presented by 9-10ths?
I mean, your last go at it was a total fail.
Perhaps you could try again without the pathetic attempt at being witty?

james2ko

*yawn*Your sad attempt at effective ad hominem aside, perhaps you would like to actually try to refute the position presented by 9-10ths?
I mean, your last go at it was a total fail.Perhaps you could try again without the pathetic attempt at being witty?

Seems you are upset that you have no answer to the question asked...

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Again, I wonder if those Christians adamantly arguing that pork is forbidden to believers, adhere to the entire Kashrut?

Shermana

Heretic
Again, I wonder if those Christians adamantly arguing that pork is forbidden to believers, adhere to the entire Kashrut?

How many Christians actually say that Pork is forbidden to begin with? I fully advocate full compliance to the Law down to the wearing of Tzitzit (Fringes) and single-fiber clothing, but how many Christians are actually agreeing with this (correct) position that pork-eating is not allowed? I would imagine the only ones who understand like the 7th day adventists also value the rest of the Law.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
It just depends on what one believes who cares if someone believes it is alright to eat pork? In Acts Simon Peter had a vision in which God said, "Rise Peter; kill, and eat. What God hath cleansed, that call not uncommon" ("unclean") I hope no one judges me because I choose to believe this scripture. I'm sure if someone looks close an my life they could find more to bring fault with me than the issue at hand.

Now while you people are in disagreement over this trivial issue, I will sit and eat my porkchops and be thankful for whatever I have to eat....:D as she looks in the fridge, Oh bacon for tomorrow and maybe tomorrow night barbecue........:drool:endless possibilities

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Seems you need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

tsk, tsk, Mestemia you haven't changed since I've been away.....Hope your doing well and in good health....
I still remember a few times you came to my rescue when I was first starting and I still appreciate and remember that.

Shermana

Heretic
It just depends on what one believes who cares if someone believes it is alright to eat pork? In Acts Simon Peter had a vision in which God said, "Rise Peter; kill, and eat. What God hath cleansed, that call not uncommon" ("unclean") I hope no one judges me because I choose to believe this scripture. I'm sure if someone looks close an my life they could find more to bring fault with me than the issue at hand.

Now while you people are in disagreement over this trivial issue, I will sit and eat my porkchops and be thankful for whatever I have to eat....:D as she looks in the fridge, Oh bacon for tomorrow and maybe tomorrow night barbecue........:drool:endless possibilities

The vision is clearly explained later by Peter as a metaphor for allowing gentiles into the church. What I will judge is your intepretation of this scripture (Which is quite common) that ignores the context given to it by a few verses later as a purely metaphorical vision.

What you call a trivial issue will cause people to be killed according to Isaiah 66.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
The vision is clearly explained later by Peter as a metaphor for allowing gentiles into the church. What I will judge is your intepretation of this scripture (Which is quite common) that ignores the context given to it by a few verses later as a purely metaphorical vision.

I guess everything can be explained by being metaphorical, but that isn't the case with my porkchop....It's based on reality Man and it is gooood....:D

Shermana

Heretic
I guess everything can be explained by being metaphorical, but that isn't the case with my porkchop....It's based on reality Man and it is gooood....:D

Not necessarily, on this account it specifically explains what the vision meant. Do you know the reality that your porkchops are heavily laden with worms?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not necessarily, on this account it specifically explains what the vision meant. Do you know the reality that your porkchops are heavily laden with worms?
Pork worms are the best worms....especially if they're in bacon.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Well if they can stand up to some good old frying in a hot skillet of grease, more power to them......I'll get worm medicine if necessary. :D

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
How many Christians actually say that Pork is forbidden to begin with?

I know of at least two in this thread...

God will destroy us if we destroy his temple
now give me text that found in the bible that telling us that the for is safe to eat or the bible is allowing us to eat pork?

Your response implies Paul is giving us permission to eat swine, humans, poison ivy, and every creature of God, and as long as we pray over it, it will be ok..You do realize that is what you are implying.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
"Heavily laden with worms"?
Really?
Only if you're eating wild boar's.

(Domestic swine used in food production do not eat any meat like a wild pig may, thus eliminating the possible presence of the microscopic Trichinella larva.)

Oh, and if you're going to present that video of "Coke and Porkchops"....

snopes.com: Pork and Coke

Shermana

Heretic
Did I say anything about live worms coming out when you pour coke? Even then, the Trichinae worms aren't the only thing you have to worry about, they're actually not that bad compared to the Toxoplasma. And then there's the issue that pigs don't sweat but that's another story. While the Trichinae rates are down, other disease rates are up. Regardless, there are often worms in Pork worldwide. 16% of the American population in 1943 had Trichnosis, so did Pork eating become safe only since the last few decades? Is it only safe in America but not China where 20% of all pigs have it? Perhaps pork eating should be regarded as safe in terms of modern America only?

I'm sure you're aware they are highly corrolated with hook worms, tape worms, and round worms too.

http://queentije.hubpages.com/hub/Factsabouteatingpork
Pork is the main source of taenia solium tapeworm. This kind of bacteria spreads throught the body and goes undetected for years
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/trichinae/docs/fact_sheet.htm
The U.S. Department of Agriculture recommends that consumers of fresh pork cook the product to an internal temperature of 71° C or 160° F. Although this is considerably higher than temperatures at which trichinae are killed (about 55° C or 131° F), it allows for different methods of cooking which do not always result in even distribution of temperature throughout the meat. It should be noted that heating to 77° C (171° F) or 82° C (180° F) was not completely effective when cooking was performed using microwaves.
http://www.fsis.usda.gov/factsheets/parasites_and_foodborne_illness/index.asp

Domestic Swine in meat production generally get their nutrients "Second hand" from the Alpha pigs. (Barf)

What are some common parasites?
Some common parasites are Giardia duodenalis, Cryptosporidium parvum, Cyclospora cayetanensis, Toxoplasma gondii, Trichinella spiralis, Taenia saginata (beef tapeworm), and Taenia solium (pork tapeworm).
[FONT=trebuchet ms, Arial, Helvetica]Influenza (flu) is one of the most famous illnesses which pigs share with humans. This illness is harbored in the lungs of pigs during the summer months and tends to affect pigs and humans in the cooler months. Sausage contains bits of pigs' lungs, so those who eat pork sausage tend to suffer more during epidemics of influenza.[/FONT]
http://www.onlinetruth.org/Articles Folder/eating_pork_can_be_hazardous_to.htm

There's the Toxoplasma issue which almost entirely comes from pork eating and affects a huge chunk of the population.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I like my sushi southern fried.
I don't eat any raw meat.
Cause if i do, it tears my insides up big time.
Fortunately, a lot of sushi involves veggies &/or cooked meat.
("Sushi" actually refers to the specially prepared rice.)
I skip the raw stuff too (except for the roe). It's safe enuf, but I don't like the texture, & I find the taste lacking.