• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do creationists eat pork?

St Giordano Bruno

Deuteronomy 14:8 (King James Version)
8And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

So, why do so many creationists eat pork when is clearly stipulated in the Bible it is forbidden and be so outspoken against scientific reason with evolution?

IMHO it just shows what hypocrites they truly are.

Last edited:

Midnight Pete

8And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

So, why do creationists eat pork when is clearly stipulated the Bible it is forbidden and be so outspoken against scientific reason with evolution?

IMO it just shows what hypocrites they truly are.

We are not under the Old Covenant, so technically there is no hypocrisy going on when we eat pork. This was just meanness for the sake of meanness.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Some people live to be mean- they can't imagine how someone can believe something they don't. I just ignore stuff like this, Pete. :)

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
This thread pretty much is symbolic of this entire debate sub-forum.

Bash. Bash. Bash. Bash. :rolleyes:

It's why I won't participate. Except to say... I'm a creation-through-evolution-ist. Which is nothing anyone here wants to see discussed, of course, it doesn't promote bashing enough, nu?

... and of course to say I don't eat pork. :p

Last edited:

St Giordano Bruno

To me those creationists who just like the look of a pork chop on their dinner plate are just making up excuses, even though some Christian creationists to their credit don't eat pork.

james2ko

We are not under the Old Covenant, so technically there is no hypocrisy going on when we eat pork. This was just meanness for the sake of meanness.

I'm afraid St Bruno is right on this one, although the "hypocrite" comment was unecessary. The law regarding clean and unclean meats was already in effect in Noah's time. Although, it was bundled in as part of what is commonly referred to as the Mosaic Law, it cannot be eradicated with the rendering of the NT. The same holds true for the Ten Commandments and other civil laws which define sin.

Last edited:

Midnight Pete

I'm afraid St Bruno is right on this one, although the "hypocrite" comment was unecessary. The law regarding clean and unclean meats was already in effect in Noah's time. Although, it was bundled in as part of what is commonly referred to as the Mosaic Law, it cannot be eradicated with the rendering of the NT. The same holds true for the Ten Commandments and other civil laws which define sin.

Christians are not required to observe Jewish dietary laws.

james2ko

Christians are not required to observe Jewish dietary laws.

God gave these dietary laws for the benefit of mankind. Modern medicine has confirmed that eating these foods are not beneficial to our health long term. In addition, these dietary laws pre-date the Jewish nation. Notice how Noah was commanded by God to bring in two of each unclean animal and seven pairs of clean animals(Gen7:2) This was way before the Law of Moses and the Jewish nation existed!

Last edited:

tomato1236

Ninja Master

So, why do so many creationists eat pork when is clearly stipulated in the Bible it is forbidden and be so outspoken against scientific reason with evolution?

I love bacon. Mmm.

Pork steaks are kind of gross though. Too much fat and the meat is kinda jiggly or something. I do like ham, too. Good for sandwiches. Gets cold really fast somehow.

I sometimes think it would be better if God inspired someone to do a re-write of the Bible to make it a little less complex. There's literally thousands of different Christian sects, therefore that means there's 1000s of ways to interpret this book.

It needs a little clarity.

Midnight Pete

I sometimes think it would be better if God inspired someone to do a re-write of the Bible to make it a little less complex. There's literally thousands of different Christian sects, therefore that means there's 1000s of ways to interpret this book.

It needs a little clarity.

The only clarity we get is the clarity we make, I guess. Feel free to take a crack at it.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

Christians are "under a new covenant"....but only use the OT laws when it suits their purpose (politically speaking that is).....:rolleyes: