• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do creationists eat pork?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Christians are "under a new covenant"....but only use the OT laws when it suits their purpose (politically speaking that is).....:rolleyes:

Even I, as a follower of Jesus, noticed that. It does seem that way a lot of times. Kind of makes some Christians two-faced. ;)

St Giordano Bruno

I happen to be old enough to remember as a young Catholic kid that it was considered a "mortal sin" to eat any meat on any Friday except fish, then after the second Vatican Council it was cut down to just the Fridays of lent, then to just Good Friday. But I have found no Biblical basis for this because nowhere in it does it stipulate you should not eat meat on certain days, even though many Christians denominations and creationists in particular don't eat meat on Good Friday. So it does sound kind of odd to me that in one of the few references in the bible about diet, especially about keeping pork off the menu, that most Christian creationists choose to ignore it.

Last edited:

Walkntune

I happen to be old enough to remember as a young Catholic kid that it was considered a "mortal sin" to eat any meat on any Friday except fish, then after the second Vatican Council it was cut down to just the Fridays of lent, then to just Good Friday. But I have found no Biblical basis for this because nowhere in it does it stipulate you should not eat meat on certain days, even though many Christians denominations and creationists in particular don't eat meat on Good Friday. So it does sound kind of odd to me that in one of the few references in the bible about diet, especially about keeping pork off the menu, that creationists choose to ignore it.
You seem to assume all creationists are Christians and follow the Bible.

evolved yet?

A Young Evolutionist
You seem to assume all creationists are Christians and follow the Bible.
Well the majority of creationists are, so far it appears we got about 1 Miscellaneous Creationist (Hindu Creationist) and 20 Biblical Creationists commenting on the evolution/ creation forum alone!

Walkntune

Well the majority of creationists are, so far it appears we got about 1 Miscellaneous Creationist (Hindu Creationist) and 20 Biblical Creationists commenting on the evolution/ creation forum alone!
There are some Muslims around here somewhere.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Well no matter what we eat it all comes out in the end....(to put it bluntly) :p Thanks to the process of digestion and elimination......
Sometimes I think we are defiled more by the thoughts we hold in our minds more than the food that goes in our mouth....

meanwhile I'll have a pork chop and join the rest of you who enjoy "good food"

strikeviperMKII

Deuteronomy 14:8 (King James Version)
8And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

So, why do so many creationists eat pork when is clearly stipulated in the Bible it is forbidden and be so outspoken against scientific reason with evolution?

IMHO it just shows what hypocrites they truly are.

Seeing as this is man's rule, not God, there is no reason to follow it. Unless you can put forth a good reason not to do so, I'll just consider this a useless rule. Why follow a useless rule?

Midnight Pete

I think a Christian eating to much pork can make them seem two faced,at least give a double chin anyways.;)

Too much of anything isn't good for you. That ham sandwhich I mentioned earlier is still in the fridge, but I still intend to eat it.

In some Asian countries, dog is considered a delicassy. But I would never eat dog, not because it is scriupturally unclean animal but because I prefer dog as a pet.

james2ko

All of the laws are hung on the commandments of love.

And we manifest that love by being obedient to God's laws. At least the ones that are still binding, like the Ten Commandments, clean and unclean meats, tithing, loving your neighbor as yourself, and others. James says it best, (pun fully intended:D) "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also" (James 2:26) Also In verse 24, "You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only."

Last edited:

Midnight Pete

So can you explain this in connection with the need for Jews ???
If you don't need their laws why need them ?
You have lost me ! :help:

Without the Jews, Christianity as we know it would never have arisen because Jesus was Jewish. And because of that, we honour our Jewish roots by including the books of the Old Testament in our Bible. But for followers of Jesus Christ, the Mosaic Law has been done away with. Jesus Christ is the bodily fulfillment of those laws.