• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did the world reject the Messiah when He Did come?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And how is that not taking a verse out of context and making it an "after the fact" prophecy? Here is a little more of Deut. 33:

This is the blessing that Moses, the man of God, pronounced upon the Israelites before his death. 2He said:

“The LORD came from Sinai

and dawned upon usa from Seir;

He shone forth from Mount Paran

and came with myriads of holy ones,

with flaming fire at His right hand.b

3Surely You love the people;

all the holy ones are in Your hand,

and they sit down at Your feet;c

each receives Your words—

4the law that Moses gave us,

the possession of the assembly of Jacob.

5So the LORD became King in Jeshurund

when the leaders of the people gathered,

together with the tribes of Israel.

So Tony, go on with your interpretation. How does the rest of this tie in with your interpretation? Especially that thing about the Lord becoming King of Jeshurund. What does that allude to?

I see All Prophecy can only be known after the Fact :) How can you know Muhammad fulfilled this until Muhammad gave a Message in the region of Mt Paran? How can we know the Bab came with 10,000 of saints until He gave a Message that resulted in the 10,000s being slaughtered?

thus this is what makes it Mathematically sound.

Take the Biblical Prophecies and all the World Prophecies. Find all the Claimants to a Message from God and see how in any way shape or form they can fulfill those prophecies. It would soon become apparent if it was a distinct possibility or no chance at all.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And how is that not taking a verse out of context and making it an "after the fact" prophecy? Here is a little more of Deut. 33:

This is the blessing that Moses, the man of God, pronounced upon the Israelites before his death. 2He said:

“The LORD came from Sinai

and dawned upon usa from Seir;

He shone forth from Mount Paran

and came with myriads of holy ones,

with flaming fire at His right hand.b

3Surely You love the people;

all the holy ones are in Your hand,

and they sit down at Your feet;c

each receives Your words—

4the law that Moses gave us,

the possession of the assembly of Jacob.

5So the LORD became King in Jeshurund

when the leaders of the people gathered,

together with the tribes of Israel.

So Tony, go on with your interpretation. How does the rest of this tie in with your interpretation? Especially that thing about the Lord becoming King of Jeshurund. What does that allude to?

I see this is the Prophecy

33 And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.

2 And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them. 3 Yea, he loved the people; all his saints are in thy hand: and they sat down at thy feet; every one shall receive of thy words.

I see from there the text changes to a different story. I remember discussing that revelation comes in snippets, its not always a chronological Story.

Regards Tony

Spartan

This is a debate forum. We are all exposed to arguments against our own belief sets. If one can't handle that in a good spirit, this is perhaps not a good forum for one.

It's not a debate when biased, dedicated Christ deniers purposefully trash everything that's presented to them. Comprendez?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
It's not a debate when biased, dedicated Christ deniers purposefully trash everything that's presented to them. Comprendez?
Are you serious? In a debate both people are biased. Oh my goodness! I don't think I trashed. I think I disagreed. I think you are overly sensitive. Clearly you are not used to talking with people who stand up for their own belief set.

Spartan

Are you serious? In a debate both people are biased. Oh my goodness! I don't think I trashed. I think I disagreed. I think you are overly sensitive. Clearly you are not used to talking with people who stand up for their own belief set.

The truth is biased? I don't think so. There are no versions of the truth - just the truth.

Spartan

PEOPLE are biased. Each person believes they have the truth. You do, and I do. I'm starting to wondering if you have any metacognition process going on at all.

Once again, truth is not biased. But when the biased are shown it, they think it is. That's their cognitive dissonance.