• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why can't people just leave the Jews alone?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
'This is why he was called 'salvation', as he would bring it to his people'....
The verse states, 'Call him Yeshua, as he will save his people from their sins'; which he does through his teachings, and acting as an intercessor....

Yet he offered the Jews the opportunity to join in the Messianic age (i.e. salvation, wedding party), and they declined the offer. :confused:
Isaiah isn't any more about Jesus than it is about me.
Since can clearly show multiple symbolic linking passages to Yeshua, where Ezekiel confirms the maths.....Would be interested where you're in it as well? :innocent:
Sorry, but the Tanakh doesn't deal with "Pauline Christianity", nor am I particularly enamored with it anyway.
Concerned that if you've been teaching Christianity, there is no way to, without comprehending it is mainly built on Paul's writings, so I'd expect you to know them more or less....

The Tanakh also deals with Saul, it was even made a proverb in advance, 'is Saul among the Prophets'.... Plus multiple other points are fulfilled by Paul's Pharisaic blindness. :oops:
You can obviously believe in anything you want to believe in, but you're simply not making any sense whatsoever.
If you were comprehending it; then we could start to have a dialogue.... :heart:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
The user is simply not a Jew and uses his claim of Jewish heritage to troll Jews on RF.

This can of course amuse you. Better than violence.

Ultra-Orthodox Jewish Man Allegedly Stabs 6 People At Jerusalem Gay Pride Parade

American Jew Beaten, Arrested In Israel

Clashes erupt between Israeli forces & Ethiopian Jews

Flankerl

Ultra-Orthodox Jewish Man Allegedly Stabs 6 People At Jerusalem Gay Pride Parade

American Jew Beaten, Arrested In Israel

Clashes erupt between Israeli forces & Ethiopian Jews

And this has exactly what to do with what I wrote?

Oh right, nothing.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
And this has exactly what to do with what I wrote?

Oh right, nothing.
indeed it's link to your point

there is voilence between Jews , as "takfiri" way in first Video , or because disagreement of opinion second video or racist third video .

rosends

Really, really, really. Anytime someone invokes the NK or the anti-Zionist Satmar I need to laugh. People look at them as if they are a bunch of Jews who deny the value of Zionism. The fact is, that is wrong.

NK and the Satmar are ardent Zionists. They pray for a return to Zion three times a day. Their problem is with political/secular Zionism as practiced by the state of Israel. If you have done ANY research into their stances, you would know that they advocate the removal of the state because IMMEDIATELY following, the messiah will arrive and usher in a religious entity and a theocracy which will either rid the place of non-Jews or get them all to convert. No one likes to talk about that part because it ruins the facade that the NK are peace loving and only anti-Israel. The Satmar notion is not one of peaceful co-existence with others, but of a Jewish dominance in a messianic age. But keep posting these videos thinking that it represents something it doesn't. I enjoy watching.

wizanda

Premium Member
If you have done ANY research into their stances, you would know that they advocate the removal of the state because IMMEDIATELY following, the messiah will arrive and usher in a religious entity and a theocracy which will either rid the place of non-Jews or get them all to convert. No one likes to talk about that part because it ruins the facade that the NK are peace loving and only anti-Israel.
Was aware of their stance; which wasn't the reason for posting it... You don't half make a lot of false assumptions. :rolleyes:

As for when the Messiah comes, and talking about it.... This was your own comment last time, when we tried to discuss it. :confused:
Yeah, so basically, it isn't a useful discussion.

rosends

Was aware of their stance; which wasn't the reason for posting it... You don't half make a lot of false assumptions. :rolleyes:
2 notes -- 1 is that I didn't respond to you specifically, so the assumption that I am claiming you do or don't know something isn't accurate. However, I doubt that you have done any real research or truly understand their stance. But feel free to claim otherwise.
As for when the Messiah comes, and talking about it.... This was your own comment last time, when we tried to discuss it. :confused:
Yes, this was my statement when it came to talking with you about your conception of the messiah vs. Judaism's conception of the messiah. Since that conflict of ideas isn't relevant to my current post about the Satmar vision of the messianic age, I am not sure why you would bring it up.

wizanda

Premium Member
Since that conflict of ideas isn't relevant to my current post about the Satmar vision of the messianic age, I am not sure why you would bring it up.
Because within the thread, been explaining how it is questionable that YHVH's contention with his people is Yeshua....So it could be the same reason that, 'YHVH will make Judah and Israel a curse among the nations', and 'for all nations to come against Jerusalem'...

As for who's impression of the Messiah is the best; personally would like to understand it for what evidence we can substantiate globally, since it is a global phenomenon. :innocent:

Another reason maybe the nations keep challenging the Jews, is because they try to make God, and prophecy self exclusive. :oops:

rosends

Because within the thread, been explaining how it is questionable that YHVH's contention with his people is Yeshua....So it could be the same reason that, 'YHVH will make Judah and Israel a curse among the nations', and 'for all nations to come against Jerusalem'...
Nothing about "Yeshua" is questionable or useful. You have a fascination and try to inject it where it isn't relevant. Don't be surprised when others make the exactly opposite contention. This thread's title points to "the Jews". This makes Christian messianic conceptions irrelevant.
As for who's impression of the Messiah is the best; personally would like to understand it for what evidence we can substantiate globally, since it is a global phenomenon. :innocent:
The Jewish messiah is a global phenomenon? Well, you need him to be so that you can be included.
Another reason maybe the nations keep challenging the Jews, is because they try to make God, and prophecy self exclusive. :oops:
Well, since the messianic notion is a Jewish notion, based on texts given to the Jews and focused on the Jewish experience, I'd say, yeah, it is exclusive to the Jews.

wizanda

Premium Member
This makes Christian messianic conceptions irrelevant.
Agreed, Christianity is naive in comparison to what referring to....
Nothing about "Yeshua" is questionable or useful.
Wow!
So him offering Israel a divorce for 30 pieces of silver...

Him being the one with the guest-list for the Messianic age; which has already been declined by the Jews...

Really find it hard to believe there is nothing; especially if we understood the prophecies. :innocent:
The Jewish messiah is a global phenomenon?
As a start Zoroastrianism, and Hinduism before that had similar prophecies before Judaism, even odd reoccurring metaphors....
Well, since the messianic notion is a Jewish notion, based on texts given to the Jews and focused on the Jewish experience, I'd say, yeah, it is exclusive to the Jews.
First to be scientific about it, you'd check other sources, and see if there are other occurrences of an age of Godliness, where there is someone who leads them in the ways of God/Enlightenment. o_O

Flankerl

indeed it's link to your point

there is voilence between Jews , as "takfiri" way in first Video , or because disagreement of opinion second video or racist third video .

Except it is not.

First is a Jew who for the second time has attacked homosexuals. His hate is not about Homosexual Jews, but Homosexuals.

This has nothing to do with Takfiri which is about Apostasy.

Second is an American Jew trying to use his Jewishness for his political Ideas.
Which again has nothing to do with Apostasy.

Third is about Socio Economic Problems in Israel.
Which again has nothing to do with Apostasy.

The User in question meanwhile is not Jewish. He/She claims his Jewishness among the same routine like some Christians do to undermine Judaism as a false belief.
His/Her Parents aren't Jewish.
He/She did not convert to Judaism.

Since this person is not Jewish it has nothing to do with Apostasy.

Stay with topics you know something about and not Judaism. Don't try to explain us Jews who or who isn't a Jew, History tells us that people who did that were rarely our friends.

Really, really, really. Anytime someone invokes the NK or the anti-Zionist Satmar I need to laugh. People look at them as if they are a bunch of Jews who deny the value of Zionism. The fact is, that is wrong.

NK and the Satmar are ardent Zionists. They pray for a return to Zion three times a day. Their problem is with political/secular Zionism as practiced by the state of Israel. If you have done ANY research into their stances, you would know that they advocate the removal of the state because IMMEDIATELY following, the messiah will arrive and usher in a religious entity and a theocracy which will either rid the place of non-Jews or get them all to convert. No one likes to talk about that part because it ruins the facade that the NK are peace loving and only anti-Israel. The Satmar notion is not one of peaceful co-existence with others, but of a Jewish dominance in a messianic age. But keep posting these videos thinking that it represents something it doesn't. I enjoy watching.

Buuuurn.

rosends

Wow!
So him offering Israel a divorce for 30 pieces of silver...
is irrelevant, yes.
Him being the one with the guest-list for the Messianic age; which has already been declined by the Jews...
is inaccurate, yes.
Really find it hard to believe there is nothing; especially if we understood the prophecies. :innocent:
Much easier to know it is nothing BECAUSE we understand the prophecies.
As a start Zoroastrianism, and Hinduism before that had similar prophecies before Judaism, even odd reoccurring metaphors....
The question in academic circles about the origins of the myths for various religions (including the various other cultural figures who predate Jesus and the stories about him) is fine for a scholarly and non-theological discussion. This same discussion would ignore claims of God and religious beliefs so if you want that, then have at it.
First to be scientific about it, you'd check other sources, and see if there are other occurrences of an age of Godliness, where there is someone who leads them in the ways of God/Enlightenment. o_O
And those would be relevant to a different discussion, not to one looking at the biblical Judaic conception of the messiah.

wizanda

Premium Member
'So him offering Israel a divorce for 30 pieces of silver'...
is irrelevant, yes.

Much easier to know it is nothing BECAUSE we understand the prophecies.
So where is the divorce decree in the Tanakh? :)
The question in academic circles about the origins of the myths for various religions (including the various other cultural figures who predate Jesus and the stories about him) is fine for a scholarly and non-theological discussion. This same discussion would ignore claims of God and religious beliefs so if you want that, then have at it.
Not really.... You were just saying that the Messiah ideology was a Jewish only concept; when clearly we find much earlier prophecies of the same event in older religious cultures.
And those would be relevant to a different discussion, not to one looking at the biblical Judaic conception of the messiah.
That is my whole point, what if the Messiah is universal, accepting all roots of religion, understanding where they were in error, and creating a one world religion....

Currently the Jews seem disposed to the idea; when the facts of reality might be they just don't get invited to the Messianic age instead. :innocent:

rosends

So where is the divorce decree in the Tanakh? :)
Why do you look in the tanach? Why not look in the whole of the Jewish torah? And are you referring to the idea of divorce which Jesus says Moses allowed?
You were just saying that the Messiah ideology was a Jewish only concept; when clearly we find much earlier prophecies of the same event in older religious cultures.
I never said such a thing. I said that the Jewish conception of the messiah (the one so poorly appropriated by Christianity) and the one brought out by the biblical texts is a Jewish concept. You introduced other cultures.
That is my whole point, what if the Messiah is universal, accepting all roots of religion, understanding where they were in error, and creating a one world religion....
What if? What if the Norse vision of Odin as god is true and universal? You live your life by "what ifs"?
Currently the Jews seem disposed to the idea; when the facts of reality might be they just don't get invited to the Messianic age instead. :innocent:
And you seem disposed to the idea that the facts of Judaism are as you pretend that they are. Go figure.

wizanda

Premium Member
And you seem disposed to the idea that the facts of Judaism are as you pretend that they are.
This is why i asked in advance, if 'Yeshua came back fulfilling Messianic prophecy would you accept him'...

You and others all answered, 'no', so considering it's a majority 'no' to accepting Biblical prophecy; what else would you expect someone to understand about your beliefs? :confused:
And are you referring to the idea of divorce which Jesus says Moses allowed?
The one where he broke the Abrahmic Covenant by his death, and the 30 pieces of silver were put into the potters-field in the house of Israel? :innocent:

Shusha

...Another reason maybe the nations keep challenging the Jews....

The OP asks why people can't leave the Jews alone. Right up there is the answer. Continued justification for "challenging" the Jews on behalf of G-d. As though it was a duty or an obligation. Because Jews are broken and need to be fixed. Because Jews defy G-d and need to be corrected. Or punished.. Because Jews are an infection that needs to be cured. Because Jews are a cancer that need to be cut out. It is a vile and dangerous ideology.