• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why can't people just leave the Jews alone?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It seems that all of the problems that plague the Jewish people and all the anti-Semitism stems from the fact that people just can't seem to leave the Jews alone, which appears to be all they wanted in the first place. The Greeks tried to conquer them and erase their religion. Didn't work. The Romans tried it, too. They got kicked out of their land for the most part because of it, but it didn't destroy the Jewish people. The Christians and Muslims tried to conquer them, convert them and erase them, too, but that hasn't worked, either. The Jews remain. They're not giving up their religion or their culture. This is apparently a thorn in the side of many, for various reasons (especially religious ones).

I just don't understand why people can't leave them alone and let them have their land and their Temple. The Jews never really were interested in converting others. They tended to have a "live and let live" approach to their religion and culture. They don't complain about the practices of the other people around them. They just carried on doing their own thing. (I think we could all learn from that rather mature approach to things, honestly.)

I just don't get it.

Sees

Dragonslayer
It is people feeling entitled to say, "We are better than you and/or supersede you"... basically. Their refusal to assimilate or convert causes their hatred - as though their continued existence is testimony that the people holding those feelings are full of crap or unimportant. To save face they must keep them held down or get rid of them.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
It seems that all of the problems that plague the Jewish people and all the anti-Semitism stems from the fact that people just can't seem to leave the Jews alone, which appears to be all they wanted in the first place. The Greeks tried to conquer them and erase their religion. Didn't work. The Romans tried it, too. They got kicked out of their land for the most part because of it, but it didn't destroy the Jewish people. The Christians and Muslims tried to conquer them, convert them and erase them, too, but that hasn't worked, either. The Jews remain. They're not giving up their religion or their culture. This is apparently a thorn in the side of many, for various reasons (especially religious ones).

I just don't understand why people can't leave them alone and let them have their land and their Temple. The Jews never really were interested in converting others. They tended to have a "live and let live" approach to their religion and culture. They don't complain about the practices of the other people around them. They just carried on doing their own thing. (I think we could all learn from that rather mature approach to things, honestly.)

I just don't get it.

Kinda boggles the mind, doesn't it?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
They seem to be having some modern problems too.

I don't remember if I read this on a thread recently, or if it was on the news.

Some Jews are against the "Jews" of many different colors, immigrating into their country.

Some Jews are also against converts to Judaism, -saying they are not true Jews, - and saying that both the immigrants and converts are wrecking their "special" bloodline.

These Rabbis don't want Jews marrying people of other "races."

This is a form of elitism mixed with prejudice.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
And how exactly do the Jews deserve to be treated like this? I, myself, have many problems with the whole Abrahamic paradigm (I'm a Gnostic in the ancient sense of the term, duh) but I would never say the Jews deserve to be mistreated.
They are as bad as each other, and all over a piece of dirt.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It is people feeling entitled to say, "We are better than you and/or supersede you"... basically. Their refusal to assimilate or convert causes their hatred - as though their continued existence is testimony that the people holding those feelings are full of crap or unimportant. To save face they must keep them held down or get rid of them.
Yes, that's certainly the case with Christianity and Islam. The persistence of the Jewish people pose major theological problems that strike at the very foundations of those religions that have confounded them ever since. The ancient empires that tried to conquer them just had sheer imperialism as their motive.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Well, I'm a Jew. I haven't. Do you think that I deserve to be slaughtered? Do you think that the people in that video are going to differentiate? My guess is, "no." But I guess I do deserve it. And by that logic, everyone else in the world deserves it. Great way to live.
You know what I mean, a lot of bad stuff happens because of both sides, I wish I personally could smash their heads together.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Perhaps all the indigenous peoples of the world should look to the Jews for inspiration to holding fast to their folkways. Never give up.

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member

I just don't get it.
Thank you! Somebody's got it....leave the Jews alone.