• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why can't Muslims criticize Islam

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I n a

Ibn Al maqqafa

He was killed for political reasons, similar to how spies are treated today.

Ibn al-Muqaffa’ died young—he was apparently murdered (possibly in a fire) by political enemies before he was40. But his animal fables remained extremely popular throughout the Middle Ages, and were translated intoPersian, Turkish, Latin, and Hebrew. They continue to be popular today, and still serve as a model of refined Arabicprose. No definitive edition of the Kalilah wa-Dimnah exists, however, and versions of the text differ.
Ibn al-Muqaffa’, Abd Allah

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The Quran was orally transmitted until it was written down maybe 200 hundred years after Muhammed death but how do you explain the Sahih hadith by Abu Baker?, does that mean Muhammed purposely contradicted the quran or Bakr lied.

The quran was memorized, written down and recorded instantly.
The hadith wasn't memorized and never recorded instantly.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
He was killed for political reasons, similar to how spies are treated today.

In the link you posted he was tortured by having his limbs cut off and scolded with hot irons.

Ibn al-Muqaffa’ died young—he was apparently murdered (possibly in a fire) by political enemies before he was40. But his animal fables remained extremely popular throughout the Middle Ages, and were translated intoPersian, Turkish, Latin, and Hebrew. They continue to be popular today, and still serve as a model of refined Arabicprose. No definitive edition of the Kalilah wa-Dimnah exists, however, and versions of the text differ.
Ibn al-Muqaffa’, Abd Allah

Even before Islam poetry was very popular, poets like Zuhayr bin Abi Sulma was regarded as one of the greatest.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Indeed - at least since the creation of god-concepts, that is.

But it is not always that a doctrine actually proposes killing disbelievers, and Islaam is probably the only surviving specimen that does so at its core while also being widely mistaken for an actual religion.

The quran is very clear about when to fight the disbelievers.

Fight in the way of Allah
those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors.(2:190)

Kirran

Premium Member
One Islamic writer I know remarks on how somehow the shahadah, which is meant to be 'I testify that there is no god but God, and Muhammad is His Messenger' seems to have expanded to include 'and the Uthmanic Qur'an is his infallible word'.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
One Islamic writer I know remarks on how somehow the shahadah, which is meant to be 'I testify that there is no god but God, and Muhammad is His Messenger' seems to have expanded to include 'and the Uthmanic Qur'an is his infallible word'.

Are there several versions of the quran? according to my knowledge there is only one quran.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Catholicism is the first denomination of Christianity and today is the largest denomination of Christianity.

Well, at Christian Forums they hate Catholics because we deviate from the bible. So I no longer consider myself a "Christian".

They also place Islam on a higher scale than Catholicism, or at least claim that we invented Islam... I renounced my membership.

You were not Wahhabist Salafi then.

Even among extremists, you can't behead a dhimmi Christian simply for believing Jesus was the son of God.

I was educated that Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab 1703-1791, started the conservative movement in Islam, and he was involved in the tearing down of the Moorish culture in Andalusia (Southern Spain).

The Reconquista ended 200 years before he was born so the Moorish culture was long since gone from Spain.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Muslim extremists will kill you for criticizing Islam. "Regular" Muslims won't, and Christian extremists probably won't either.

Christian extremists have killed gays, hung Africans, and create Biker clubs that maim and kill. Extremist Jews have also taken lives both in the past and presently it’s just that the aforementioned two do not make the news often. People forget the media has its own biases.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Do you even understand the edict of a fatwa, who has a right to execute them and what is obligatory?

My understanding is that Islamic leaders are selected similarly to gang or cartel leaders - where the strongest or most ruthless one gains power through his reputation.

...This is in contrast to an electoral process.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Christian extremists have killed gays, hung Africans, and create Biker clubs that maim and kill. Extremist Jews have also taken lives both in the past and presently it’s just that the aforementioned two do not make the news often. People forget the media has its own biases.

Again with the "two wrongs make it right" argument.

Cooky

Veteran Member
...But the electoral process was invented by the Romans. So Islam can never really adopt it -it must be eternally rejected.

Roman coin depicting elections:

220px-Roman_Election.jpg

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The quran is very clear about when to fight the disbelievers.

Fight in the way of Allah
those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors.(2:190)
What would characterize such a fight? Is the Qur'an clear about that?