• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why can't Muslims criticize Islam

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Christianity and Islaam are indeed unlike in that respect.
If you read the Bible and Quran, not really. Death to infidels and apostates; punishments for changing laws and not fully adhering to them; give yourself completely and fully or not at all. The Abrahamic texts are all enough alike that the was ISIS conducted itself mirrors many parts of what we read in the OT.

Notanumber

A Free Man
It is my opinion that Fatwah have largely been the ruination of Islam and taken it in a bad direction. Hadiths seem OK, but some are polluted. I am sympathetic toward Quran Only Muslims.

The Quran, Sira, and Hadith are the complete package. You can’t have one without the others.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I disagree, it started with Conservative Islam like wahaab then to the founder of the Muslim brotherhood who pushed its religious politics, that was 1933, long before the US funded anything.
The US played a role in provoking the Iranian Islamic Revolution as well as supporting Bin Laden and propping him up to where he was.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
It is my opinion that Fatwah have largely been the ruination of Islam and taken it in a bad direction. Hadiths seem OK, but some are polluted. I am sympathetic toward Quran Only Muslims.

To me quran only makes more sense, all those hadith, some Sahih to some but not others and it seems Muhammed and Ali, depending which branch you come from are more important than the book, least ways that's how it looks to me.

Ellen Brown

Saudi Arabia has declared that atheists are terrorists. It's considered an a front to god for Christians and Allah for Muslims. It exists, but it is not tolerated well.

I have a good friend who is Saudi and attended College here in America. He once told me that only around 27% of Saudis are even religious, though most do what they have to to avoid the lash and to get their allowance. Of course, for the women. To even go out at all they must wear Abaya and Hijab. Some places they must Niqab also.

Even though Alcohol is Haram (forbidden), being an Alcoholic is a huge problem, according to him. Oddly, Riyadh and Mecca are very conservative, others are not, and women can run around in western clothings if they are careful.

He is the man that if I were 40 years younger, I would marry. We talked about it ...

Ellen Brown

The US played a role in provoking the Iranian Islamic Revolution as well as supporting Bin Laden and propping him up to where he was.

The US interference caused the 1978 Islamic Revolution there. Iran had a leader the people accepted, but the US forced the reinstatement of the Shah, and his excesses caused the revolution. America and the "west" like to keep wars stirred up so they can swindle the people of the oil. And, sadly, 20 stupid Saudi idiots gave the excuse when they crashed planes in New York and the Pentagon.

Ellen Brown

It is more than one man’s opinion, this man explains.

I'll attempt to be courteous, though this begins to try my patience. I lived it. Your Phd read some books and then wrote his thesis. AND, Christianity is far more in need of reformation. And, along the way Christianity could perhaps persuade leaders and businessmen of the west to stop their greedy and bloodthirsty approach to dealing with Middle Eastern peoples. Perhaps after that the Pirates in the Middle East too?

For me, to hear a western man, possibly a Christian, try to speak authoritatively about Islam and Middle Eastern Culture is the largest abomination. Rant OFF.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I'll attempt to be courteous, though this begins to try my patience. I lived it. Your Phd read some books and then wrote his thesis. AND, Christianity is far more in need of reformation. And, along the way Christianity could perhaps persuade leaders and businessmen of the west to stop their greedy and bloodthirsty approach to dealing with Middle Eastern peoples. Perhaps after that the Pirates in the Middle East too?

For me, to hear a western man, possibly a Christian, try to speak authoritatively about Islam and Middle Eastern Culture is the largest abomination. Rant OFF.

Unfortunately, that seems to sum up the problem that we have with the Islamic ideology.

If only Muslims are allowed to criticise Islam, which I do not believe they are, why should Islam expect non-Muslims to submit to Islam.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I kno

I know hadith are contested, I also know there are "quran only" Muslims, Shia too but here's a well known hadith.

Narrated 'Ikrima: Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"
Sahih Bukhari 9:84:57

If the hadith contradicts the quran then it should be regarded as false.

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.(2:256)