• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why can't Muslims criticize Islam

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Being a slave to Allah you don't get to criticize.

Still you have the choice to disobey God and criticize him as much as you wish, if you were created
as chicken then you have nothing to do, but humans are somehow different than the rest of the animals.

God said that he can let all humans have one belief and to let them believers, but that wasn't the plan.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Still you have the choice to disobey God and criticize him as much as you wish, if you were created
as chicken then you have nothing to do, but humans are somehow different than the rest of the animals.

God said that he can let all humans have one belief and to let them believers, but that wasn't the plan.

What was the plan then,there are over 4000 religions in the world, strange plan.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Then why do so many Muslims criticize Islam? Richard Dawkins even made a group to help such Muslims in Muslim lands. Many of these Muslims come to the West and do criticize the ways of the lands they came from - this tends to fall on deaf ears, especially those who don't realize in the Quran if you go to the next verse or two the full context of much of the violence revolves around defense during times of war.

There are Muslims who criticise Islam, there's gay Muslims but all the criticism or critique from inside Islam will not change the book, its ambiguous verses will always cause problems Imo.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Freedom of choice.

OK freedom of choice but if you use that freedom to choose another religion or no religion its the big BBQ, I see that as problematic in having a choice but it gets worse, if you are raised from birth as a Muslim but in adulthood you change your mind its very problematic,in the west not so much, in parts of the middle east not good at all.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
There are Muslims who criticise Islam, there's gay Muslims but all the criticism or critique from inside Islam will not change the book, its ambiguous verses will always cause problems Imo.
True. But at the same time we can look at Christianity, which has become increasingly watered down and diluted over the centuries as the church continued to lose power and significance. It was going this way in the Middle East until the US created a hornets nest to repeatedly poke at it, and the consequences have an increase in radicalism and decrease in social progress.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
OK freedom of choice but if you use that freedom to choose another religion or no religion its the big BBQ, I see that as problematic in having a choice but it gets worse, if you are raised from birth as a Muslim but in adulthood you change your mind its very problematic,in the west not so much, in parts of the middle east not good at all.

Atheism existed and still in the Muslim world.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
True. But at the same time we can look at Christianity, which has become increasingly watered down and diluted over the centuries as the church continued to lose power and significance. It was going this way in the Middle East until the US created a hornets nest to repeatedly poke at it, and the consequences have an increase in radicalism and decrease in social progress.

I disagree, it started with Conservative Islam like wahaab then to the founder of the Muslim brotherhood who pushed its religious politics, that was 1933, long before the US funded anything.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
That doesn't seem to stop Christians in the West from going so far away from the Bible they've never read it and still claim themselves as Christian - and this is in face of some of the same and similar dire warnings the Quran issues of such things.
Christianity and Islaam are indeed unlike in that respect.

Ellen Brown

I disagree, it started with Conservative Islam like wahaab then to the founder of the Muslim brotherhood who pushed its religious politics, that was 1933, long before the US funded anything.

I was educated that Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab 1703-1791, started the conservative movement in Islam, and he was involved in the tearing down of the Moorish culture in Andalusia (Southern Spain). When I converted to Islam in 2005, I fell into a Masjid taught by the Hanafi (very much Wahhabist in their point of view). They were responsible for radicalizing several folk who tried to go to Afghanistan to fight the US troops. (The Portland Seven)

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I kno
Atheism existed and still in the Muslim world.

I know hadith are contested, I also know there are "quran only" Muslims, Shia too but here's a well known hadith.

Narrated 'Ikrima: Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"
Sahih Bukhari 9:84:57

Ellen Brown

That doesn't seem to stop Christians in the West from going so far away from the Bible they've never read it and still claim themselves as Christian - and this is in face of some of the same and similar dire warnings the Quran issues of such things.

American Christianity is largely infested with zanny, feel good theology, though many people I talk to insist that it is time for a Reformation here.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I was educated that Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab 1703-1791, started the conservative movement in Islam, and he was involved in the tearing down of the Moorish culture in Andalusia (Southern Spain). When I converted to Islam in 2005, I fell into a Masjid taught by the Hanafi (very much Wahhabist in their point of view). They were responsible for radicalizing several folk who tried to go to Afghanistan to fight the US troops. (The Portland Seven)

There was one before wahaab but I've forgotten his name,it sounds scary stuff, I'm glad your here to talk about it.

Notanumber

A Free Man
especially those who don't realize in the Quran if you go to the next verse or two the full context of much of the violence revolves around defense during times of war.

Then why is it just as relevant to Islam now as it was when it was written. Nothing changes in Islam.

Ellen Brown

I kno

I know hadith are contested, I also know there are "quran only" Muslims, Shia too but here's a well known hadith.

Narrated 'Ikrima: Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"
Sahih Bukhari 9:84:57

It is my opinion that Fatwah have largely been the ruination of Islam and taken it in a bad direction. Hadiths seem OK, but some are polluted. I am sympathetic toward Quran Only Muslims.