• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Bahai

Muffled

Jesus in me
I more than likely do not understand what you are asking. I will attempt an answer.

In Baha'i theology in each age there is a Messenger, it is the return of the Attributes we see. What also returns is the actions of those that reject the Message. The Kitab-i-Iqan explains this concept in detail.

There is no ritual in the Baha'i Faith apart from some Obligatory Prayers and Fast.

Do you have a specific example?

Regards Tony

I believe the idea of a recurrent messenger lacks statistical proof.

Is it enough to call someone a messenger because he writes some gibberish and gets a following. Scientology has that and that is pure fiction.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I see your point with the wording, there was not enough explanation :), That takes quotes that no one likes, as I see this in a different light, this is how I see it;

To accept and observe a distinction which God has not intended in creation is ignorance and superstition. The fact which is to be considered, however, is that woman, having formerly been deprived, must now be allowed equal opportunities with man for education and training. There must be no difference in their education. Until the reality of equality between man and woman is fully established and attained, the highest social development of mankind is not possible. Even granted that woman is inferior to man in some degree of capacity or accomplishment, this or any other distinction would continue to be productive of discord and trouble. The only remedy is education, opportunity; for equality means equal qualification. In brief, the assumption of superiority by man will continue to be depressing to the ambition of woman, as if her attainment to equality was creationally impossible; woman's aspiration toward advancement will be checked by it, and she will gradually become hopeless. On the contrary, we must declare that her capacity is equal, even greater than man's..."Abdu'l-Baha : The Promulgation of Universal Peace Part 1

Women in the Baha'i Faith can serve in many Capacities, non stop. I see it is a bounty for them to be exempt from the Universal House of Justice, but also wise. This role is a 5 year appointment where there is no other life one can live, but as a Member of the Universal House of Justice. Also what many do not understand, is that there is no Individual "high" roles in the Baha'i Faith, just opportunities to serve and most of these roles have no pay, though working for the wold center does provide accommodation and a small stipend to meet basic needs, (Some other payed opportunities as well, funded by a Baha'i for another Baha'i) Some positions on National Spiritual Assemblies and large Local Spiritual Assemblies may provide a small wage.

Thus equality of men and women is cemented in the Baha'i Writings, that does not mean sameness and a such A law that says the Universal House of Justice is only Men, does not mean they are not Equal, nor that they do not have the capacity. It is a Law given by God to which the wisdom will unfold.

"..The sex distinction which exists in the human world is due to the lack of education for woman, who has been denied equal opportunity for development and advancement. Equality of the sexes will be established in proportion to the increased opportunities afforded woman in this age, for man and woman are equally the recipients of powers and endowments from God, the Creator. God has not ordained distinction between them in His consummate purpose..." Abdu'l-Baha : The Promulgation of Universal Peace Part 2

Again, not all will see that is equal opportunity.

Regards Tony
You just need to admit that it's not actual equal opportunity. Either all positions are open to everyone regardless of gender or not. There's no in-between.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh yes. Thank God that I did not.

Haha. Brother, these are all rhetoric. All of them. Its preaching. Not teaching. So it doesn't make any expedient discussionnn.

Cheers.

What is it you would you like me to "Teach"?

You asked Why Baha'i and it is a great question. Is there anything you wish to know that I can share?

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe the idea of a recurrent messenger lacks statistical proof.

Is it enough to call someone a messenger because he writes some gibberish and gets a following. Scientology has that and that is pure fiction.

That does become your choice, Jesus Christ gave the signs and qualities we must look for, thus they are recorded in the Bible.

I can post them if you are interested in the topic and not in gibberish.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You just need to admit that it's not actual equal opportunity. Either all positions are open to everyone regardless of gender or not. There's no in-between.

It would be More honest and better for me to say I do not understand all, or really much at all, that is from God, but I am trying to. It is obvious that there are in-betweens, that is life, Good, Bad and all that is in-between. Love, hate and all that is in-between, so your statement can be see to be wrong that there is no in betweens.

As said before, you can choose to see it the way you have chosen to.

My guess that such a Law from God in the age we live, becomes a great test of mind. The same as the Law of Marriage in the Baha'i Faith. Equal opportunity has been given boundaries which we are to submit to, that both men and women have to embrace. God has a wisdom that we are to find. It is in submission that equality is found, as distinctions such as race, class and gender disappear.

I have also found that if one looks one can find these answers within, but some answers can not be shared or explained to others, if another person is not looking for that answer.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So I see the summary to the question 'Why Baha'i? " is that to be Baha'i is to embrace all Faiths and all that is from God. It is to embrace the reality that the Faiths we follow are organic and progressive and not bound to doctrines.

So much more can be said, but in the end it is said simply as, if one wants to be true to their faith, that cannot be without embracing Baha'u'llah (Glory of God)

Stay happy, always be well and Love to all :)

Regards Tony

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
OK, let know the Bahaism people's successes for establishment of the Universal auxiliary language, please.

It is not the Baha'i that will establish this, it is up to the Governments to implement.

Thus it will happen in the future.

Regards Tony
So, it is just a hollow teaching of Bahaullah for which the Bahaism people have to do nothing. It is others who are supposed to do/implement it. Right, please?

Regards

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
How do they actually reconcile the theological differences between the Bible and the Hindu scripture like the Vedas and Smrithis etc?
A lot of contortionist training?
Seems like if you interpret the various scriptures from different traditions as all being allegorical, and accept that they all have kernels of truth embedded, it's not to hard to reconcile them all. But the writers of these scriptures didn't intend them to be interpreted this way.

Basically, claiming this is to say that the founders and followers of the various religions (the ones based on scripture); that these people didn't really know what they were writing or believing. I wonder if it's a reasonable project to come along after the fact and inform the various religions what their teachings really are?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
paarsurrey said:
OK, let know the Bahaism people's successes for establishment of the Universal auxiliary language, please.

So, it is just a hollow teaching of Bahaullah for which the Bahaism people have to do nothing. It is others who are supposed to do/implement it. Right, please?

Regards

Ha ha. :) I might start a thread on that :)

Hope you are well and happy paarsurrey.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Seems like if you interpret the various scriptures from different traditions as all being allegorical, and accept that they all have kernels of truth embedded, it's not to hard to reconcile them all. But the writers of these scriptures didn't intend them to be interpreted this way.

Basically, claiming this is to say that the founders and followers of the various religions (the ones based on scripture); that these people didn't really know what they were writing or believing. I wonder if it's a reasonable project to come along after the fact and inform the various religions what their teachings really are?
Exactly, right on. One Baha'i came up with a symbolic interpretation of Jesus bringing his friend Lazarus back to life. That Baha'i said that Lazarus was "spiritually" dead and that Jesus made him alive spiritually. And it is similar with the resurrection of Jesus. His followers were feeling down after Jesus had died, but lo, after three days they snapped out of it and starting teaching and living by the things that Jesus had taught them. Thus, bringing life to the symbolic "body of Christ", which is his followers.

Sounds good now, 2000 years later. Too bad the gospel writers didn't know and wrote all those events as if they had really happened. I wonder how God had messed with their heads to think they were writing things that had actually taken place? Or, God told them to write it that way but that is was only symbolic... and then, the gospel writers forgot to tell the rest of the followers that was not literal?

firedragon

Veteran Member

Sometimes, and sometimes not. And not on all things.

Also depends on your claim. If you propose a perennial philosophy, maybe you can justify.

But if you claim that lets say the Vedas and the TIpitaka are both Gods word or correct, then you have to account for the vast differences, and most who say this have not read both scripture. Thats a fact. People who claim this kind of thing are playing to the gallery.

But if you do claim like you did that there are remnants of the same idea in all philosophies and theologies yes I agree.