• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are you not sucessful?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I work hard and place most of my earnings in savings. I would say I'm fairly happy with my life, but of course I'm always looking for ways to better myself.

I assume this question had some sort of political point considering that it was posted in this section?

Fluffy

A fool
The state of happiness and the pursuit of betterment are not mutually exclusive. I take pleasure out of improving my life, not out of the improvements, themselves, and so I am happy.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I need more
Moderator cut: image removed
and
fame.jpg

Or just some sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
Why are you not happy with your life? What would make it better?

1) I'm quite pleased (happy?) with my life, thankyouverymuch.

2) What is the standard/measure of "success" that we are to apply to "happiness in life" anyway?

I seem to recall a noted prophet from the New Testament of the Bible that was unemployed, broke, homeless, childless, unmarried, and unfairly accused of criminal acts.

I wonder if He could be said to be "happy" with His life?

I wonder if He might be deemed as a "success" (story) amongst His contemporaries?

Hmmmm...compared to that guy, I'm feeling pretty good about myself.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
I would be happier if the State & Federal didn't take a big chunk out off my paycheck every time I got paid. Especially when I work over time just to pay for my gas.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I'm happy enough. Making more money just so that I'd be a little more comfortable, and not have to live check-to-check would be nice, but I'm OK without it. What would really make me happy is to cure my wife's depression and anxiety.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Since everyone's definition of "success" varies, then this thread could have very different types of answers. Are we talking about a specific kind of "success"? and by whose definition are we going by? Or are we just left to determine our own personal definition of success?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Seriously though, what point was this post going for?
I'm glad you asked. The point was, we are all responsible for our own happiness. If you need something or someone to be happy, it is just an illusion.

Happiness is a state of mind and has nothing to do with money, fortune and fame. The picture of the chicks, you got me there. :D

Draka

Wonder Woman
Well, then since this has nothing to do with money or anything like that, which is what I was thinking, then I am extremely successful and quite happy. Sure, there are material things I'd like to have. Everyone has those things they would like to have. But for sheer life contentment and achievement...I'm about as content as anyone could possibly be who has gone through what I've gone through and survived to tell about it.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Well, then since this has nothing to do with money or anything like that, which is what I was thinking, then I am extremely successful and quite happy. Sure, there are material things I'd like to have. Everyone has those things they would like to have. But for sheer life contentment and achievement...I'm about as content as anyone could possibly be who has gone through what I've gone through and survived to tell about it.

You have found the secret to life and well being. Frubals!

KasMage

Reverend Rick said:
If you need something or someone to be happy, it is just an illusion.

That sounds like a terribly ridiculous reason to stop trying to help other people who need it. I figure this whole topic is connected to your statements about how you think it's unfair for people to complain about how their incomes have been going down since this administration started its reign.

Government should exist as an organization of people working together to fix problems they are unable to solve alone. Bull**** about how we should just stop trying to improve ourselves and be happy without health care or a decent income is a horrible excuse for supporting the failures of our government.

Rowenn

I'm not happy with my life because I have no sense of identity or purpose anymore. I am unhappy with my life because I realize that life itself is dispreportionate in that the darkness, the hate, the loneliness, the agony ALWAYS outweighs any sort of cheerfullness or warmth. I am unhappy because I can never be sure that love even exists in a world that is blind to its own hatred and malice/self-destruction. I can never be happy because I hate this world with all bitterness in my heart, because my misanthropy and the conquest of pain itself is the only thing that guides my life...

Oh,and for what would make me happier. Hmmm... Dying.