• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are people afriad of doing mistakes?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
And your last **** up was?
Today. sending a mail to the wrong office, they called and ask what the reason for the mail, that is when it becomes clear it was a mistake.
Solved by explaining the reason for the mail, and the wrong address was entered before sending it.
That errored mail will cost 500 Norwegian kroner (55 USD) But not a big deal.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think certain people are too proud to admit they can be wrong sometimes.

Au contraire
..I am a person who says Sorry all the time...it is very liberating, it makes you live at peace with yourself.:)

Darkforbid

Today. sending a mail to the wrong office, they called and ask what the reason for the mail, that is when it becomes clear it was a mistake.
Solved by explaining the reason for the mail, and the wrong address was entered before sending it.
That errored mail will cost 500 Norwegian kroner (55 USD) But not a big deal.

You get charged for wrongly addressed mail?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You get charged for wrongly addressed mail?
Well it was work-related and was to a boss that kind of should not see the content of the email, confidential content, and those things are strick here. the mail was not encrypted either (should have been)
So yes it is pulled from salary :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Why are people afraid of doing mistakes?
Isn't it the mistakes we learn from? Isn't it true that if you never do wrong you can not learn?

But why being afraid of learning?

I learn constantly, mistake or not

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Which people?
People, in general, seem embarrassed when doing a wrong deed, The question is, why do people get ashamed, embarrassed and so by something that turns out to be wrong?
It is the action, word or thought that was wrong not the "person/self"
If ego was taken out of the equation it is the only action that leads to the misunderstanding, wrong deed or understanding, not a personality.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
People, in general, seem embarrassed when doing a wrong deed, The question is, why do people get ashamed, embarrassed and so by something that turns out to be wrong?
It is the action, word or thought that was wrong not the "person/self"
If ego was taken out of the equation it is the only action that leads to the misunderstanding, wrong deed or understanding, not a personality.
Sorry I don't see it as quite that generalised, as most people I know see mistakes as a fact of life, much like the weather or death. But in the case of people who can't admit it, I'd call it ego, yes. And ego comes from insecurity. Perhaps they were yelled at for making mistakes as children.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
When people are children they make mistakes all the time. They learn by trial and error. The wisest people keep that trial & error learning even as adults. But too often that sense is lost and people no longer can learn that way.

PureX

Veteran Member
Why are people afraid of doing mistakes?
Isn't it the mistakes we learn from? Isn't it true that if you never do wrong you can not learn?

But why being afraid of learning?
Actions (choices) have consequences. Bad choices tend to bring bad consequences. So we tend not to want to make bad choices.