• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are Muslims killing each other?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I haven't read the whole thread, but my guess would be that the slavering murderers happen to have more Muslims at hand.

no-body

i know why. the reason that concerns Western nations is what's beneath their feet. the region between Middle East and Asia contains 3/4 of all resources of entire planet. as Rice said once, USA plans to change maps of 22 Muslim nations and they are doing it. do you know what it means to say we will redraw borders of 22 nations? probably not

if you'll excuse me now i've got things to do

I can believe the western media and nations demonize Islam by picking and choosing stories to sell more papers and start more wars but I find it very hard to swallow that all the third party organizations that report human rights violations in Muslim countries are in the employ of western governments. It's like saying Osama was on the CIA payroll; insanity. It makes Muslims seem even worse if they sound like a bunch of conspiracy nuts.

.lava

Veteran Member
I can believe the western media and nations demonize Islam by picking and choosing stories to sell more papers and start more wars but I find it very hard to swallow that all the third party organizations that report human rights violations in Muslim countries are in the employ of western governments. It's like saying Osama was on the CIA payroll; insanity. It makes Muslims seem even worse if they sound like a bunch of conspiracy nuts.

are you calling me nuts? if yes, then you should know that i eat nuts sometimes and that's the only relation i have with them. you might act like another Middle Eastern expert here. just tell me which Middle East nations who lived in before, so that i could know where your knowledge comes from..

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Saying that Muslims are strapping on bombs and wandering into crowded market places "in droves" is frankly bonkers.

Really?

65 slain in Pakistan mosque bombing - Los Angeles Times

VOA | Suicide Bomber Kills 9 in Afghanistan | Asia | English
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...v-TfCA&usg=AFQjCNGSzk9Xr-Wlh06IHXcaUd92ojPJug

Bomb Blast in a Mosque in Peshawar, Pakistan

At least 113 killed in series of Baghdad attacks - Los Angeles Times

Iraq: Grenades in church | The Economist

Hey, this is just since NOVEMBER 1, 2010 - yes, NINE DAYS. If my math is right, that's 270 innocent people killed by their fellow Muslims in just hte past 9 days, and I didn't list ALL the attacks, just those involving random suicide bombers and grenades thrown into crowds of people.

Do I need to post the Muslim on Muslim terrorist attacks from October in order for the criteria for "droves" to be met?

Last edited:

neves

Well, individuals murder each other the world over, including in Muslim countries. In addition, Muslim terrorists kill scores of other Muslims at a time, in a different, additional phenomenon. That's the one I'm asking about. Since it is a different phenomenon, I think it has different causes.

What I'm saying is, a Muslim or non-Muslim man might shoot another one in a jealous fit, or poison an elderly relative in hopes of inheriting money. That happens all over the world. In addition, there's something else going on in Muslim countries, where healthy young men (and a few women) strap explosives to their bodies, go into crowded environments such as markets or mosques, and blow themselves up, together with dozens of people they've never met. And my question is, what is that about?

I don't think even this is unique to Muslims, other terrorist/political groups do it from time to time, but it's happening a lot, now, all over the world, and right now it's primarily Muslims.

So, any ideas? Or just denial and defensiveness?

I don't think any of these things you mentioned are unique to Muslims... like you said yourself in a roundabout way... I think a good place to start is by looking at why people have done it in the past... you should probably start with the research so you have a valid discussion...

basic place to start: Suicide attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another thing that strikes me as odd is how some people come to an erroneous conclusion by saying Muslims are unique to suicide attacks...

no-body

are you calling me nuts? if yes, then you should know that i eat nuts sometimes and that's the only relation i have with them. you might act like another Middle Eastern expert here. just tell me which Middle East nations who lived in before, so that i could know where your knowledge comes from..

No, absolutely not. What I said was I understand where your coming from. But if you think things like Osama bin Laden is a CIA agent and all the human rights violations stats reported by third party human rights organisations are western propaganda then yes you are nuts and delusion.

ellenjanuary

I haven't researched it, but my impression from listening to the news is that Muslim terrorists kill more Muslims than non-Muslims. What's up with that? What are Muslims killing each other over?

The Prophet was told - Recite! - largely because of sects among the People of the Book. That worked for a minute... then there were Shiite and Sunnite and Wahabi... oh my! And they have been killing each other ever since... that's what people do, kill each other. If that wasn't unreason enough, well, we'll just capitalize God and get it on with the infidels...

A more interesting question might be, why are Buddhists in India killing each other...

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Well said .lava :clap
What's happening in Muslim countries is the product of occupation, and western interference in our societies. But this doesn't mean that Muslims are excused from responsibility, unfortunately there are Muslims who have betrayed their religion and countries and took the enemies' side, so both are responsible the current circumstances...

Lay it out for us, Sajdah, in detail. X country is occupying Y country, and that is causing Muslims in Z country to kill each other because...[fill in the blank.]

However, if you call it the product of Western interference then yes, it means Muslims are excused from responsibility. You can't blame it all on someone else and then say you're holding Muslims responsible. You're not.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I don't think any of these things you mentioned are unique to Muslims... like you said yourself in a roundabout way... I think a good place to start is by looking at why people have done it in the past... you should probably start with the research so you have a valid discussion...

basic place to start: Suicide attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another thing that strikes me as odd is how some people come to an erroneous conclusion by saying Muslims are unique to suicide attacks...
Why start with other people in the past? Why not start with this situation now?

I'ken Imagine

Fellow Traveler
I'm interested to know what it is that gives you the impression that Muslims kill more Muslims. When I think of all the wars Christian nations have fought against other Christian nations, Catholics vs. Protestants, and our own Civil War as examples, I have to wonder if it isn't US who hold the record for turning on our own.

kai

ragamuffin
In these cases, when the murderer usually kills themselves as well, what gain do you think they are seeking?

They gain the promotion whatever political motive the action is responding to or acting against. And of course the perceived entrance to Paradise.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I'm interested to know what it is that gives you the impression that Muslims kill more Muslims. When I think of all the wars Christian nations have fought against other Christian nations, Catholics vs. Protestants, and our own Civil War as examples, I have to wonder if it isn't US who hold the record for turning on our own.
Currently. Muslim suicide bombers killing other Muslims. Is there some other group that is doing this?

In any case, it wouldn't matter. That's not what the thread's about. The thread is about Muslim suicide bombers killing other Muslims. Why do you think this is happening?

kai

ragamuffin
Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Yep lets blame the US and totally ignore the fact that Muslims have been killing other Muslims since the death of the prophet.
Exactly - as I pointed out earlier. What was it? Was it the first 12 Caliph's that were murdered?

Do people really think Muslims were living in peace and harmony all this time until the US invaded Iraq
Apparently. One can't expect too much from the Nintendo/Xbox generation however.

oh come on! does no one have even a basic interest in history.
Again... apparently not.

What puzzles me is why so many are willing to give Islam a "free pass" and yet go berserk when Christian fundamentalists speak their mind... or what passes for minds... Could it be because they know that even wacko-jacko Christians will not generally respond violently?

Offend or insult Islam, their prophet or Muslims and well... be prepared for the consequences.
Why is it we walk on eggshells around the followers of the Religion of Peace?

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin
Islamic history is filled with intrigue ,murder and bloodshed just like the Christian one, take off the blinkers and pull back the curtains and take a good look. Muslims are human subject to the same needs and aspirations and temptations as everybody else . Just take a look at the history of Pakistan to see Muslim on Muslim violence in the modern era.

Why are Muslims killing each other ? not sure! theres lots of variables to take into account , but one thing is for sure ,they always have! haven't they?

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I haven't researched it, but my impression from listening to the news is that Muslim terrorists kill more Muslims than non-Muslims. What's up with that? What are Muslims killing each other over?
Well, Muslim opposition and strife with other Muslims is more relevant than with other Muslims in many cases, because every Muslim ethnic group, faction, or nation wants to promote its interest in the respective region.
in Iraq today Shia and Sunni factions are fighting each other more intensely since the 2003 invasion of Iraq, bombings in the capital with as up to hundreds of casualties have become common news. the Kurds are also at odds with the Sunnis in northern Iraq. modern middle eastern history is scarred with numerous conflicts between nations and factions, its hard to even begin listing it. there are millions of casualties and millions of refugees in Islamic lands in the Middle east and in Africa only in the last 30 years.
around my nation, in the north Lebanon has known several civil wars between different factions, Syria has been competing with nations such as Jordan on regional dominance with threats of war in the past, during the 70's the Jordanian government led the death of up to tens of thousands of Palestinians in the Black September conflict.
practically every nation in the region has warred with neighboring Arab or Muslim nations or had troublesome fighting within its own borders.
This is a long struggle for power and interests, that will go on through out all Islamic history. sometimes because of religious zeal and intense disagreement in dogma, in the case of certain militant groups, and other times because of power projection and the need to stay on top in a dog eat dog region.
right now, one of the main issues in the middle east, is various Sunni Arab nations concern with the rise of the Shia bloc led by Iran, the leader of Jordan King Abdullah II and the Egyptian president, Hosni Mubarak in recent years have propagated much concern in the Arab world over the rise of Shiite Iran, the gulf states are voicing the same concern and attitude, with some gulf states strategists going as far as promoting an Israeli strike on Iranian nuclear facilities, in 2009 Morocco cut ties with Iran over what the Moroccan leadership claimed was Iranian intervention in the religious fabric of the Moroccan kingdom. the Sunnis in the region are worried about the expansion of the Shiite bloc in their lands, and the influence of a regional power in the case of Iran over Shiites populations in the region. Iran has been linked to Shiite militias in Iraq, and has also been hinted in intervention with the Shiite militias in Yemen who have been warring with the official government, the Iranian influence over Shiite Lebanon and Hezballah the militant Shiite organization in Lebanon is well known, as well as its influence and support of (Sunni) Hamas in the Gaza strip.

Last edited:
Reactions: kai

Looncall

Well, Muslim opposition and strife with other Muslims is more relevant than with other Muslims in many cases, because every Muslim ethnic group, faction, or nation wants to promote its interest in the respective region.
in Iraq today Shia and Sunni factions are fighting each other more intensely since the 2003 invasion of Iraq, bombings in the capital with as up to hundreds of casualties have become common news. the Kurds are also at odds with the Sunnis in northern Iraq. modern middle eastern history is scarred with numerous conflicts between nations and factions, its hard to even begin listing it. there are millions of casualties and millions of refugees in Islamic lands in the Middle east and in Africa only in the last 30 years.
around my nation, in the north Lebanon has known several civil wars between different factions, Syria has been competing with nations such as Jordan on regional dominance with threats of war in the past, during the 70's the Jordanian government led the death of up to tens of thousands of Palestinians in the Black September conflict.
practically every nation in the region has warred with neighboring Arab or Muslim nations or had troublesome fighting within its own borders.
This is a long struggle for power and interests, that will go on through out all Islamic history. sometimes because of religious zeal and intense disagreement in dogma, in the case of certain militant groups, and other times because of power projection and the need to stay on top in a dog eat dog region.
right now, one of the main issues in the middle east, is various Sunni Arab nations concern with the rise of the Shia bloc led by Iran, the leader of Jordan King Abdullah II and the Egyptian president, Hosni Mubarak in recent years have propagated much concern in the Arab world over the rise of Shiite Iran, the gulf states are voicing the same concern and attitude, with some gulf states strategists going as far as promoting an Israeli strike on Iranian nuclear facilities, in 2009 Morocco cut ties with Iran over what the Moroccan leadership claimed was Iranian intervention in the religious fabric of the Moroccan kingdom. the Sunnis in the region are worried about the expansion of the Shiite bloc in their lands, and the influence of a regional power in the case of Iran over Shiites populations in the region. Iran has been linked to Shiite militias in Iraq, and has also been hinted in intervention with the Shiite militias in Yemen who have been warring with the official government, the Iranian influence over Shiite Lebanon and Hezballah the militant Shiite organization in Lebanon is well known, as well as its influence and support of (Sunni) Hamas in the Gaza strip.

Thanks for an informative account.

Do you see any way of fixing this short of kicking everyone out of the region?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Thanks for an informative account.
Thank you very much for the feedback!

Do you see any way of fixing this short of kicking everyone out of the region?
Here's the thing, all the people belong here, they have roots stretching to the dawn of history. this region has known conflicts in various periods of history, it has been a region highly relevant in world politics, and has drew the attention of many empires in the past, including modern history, and today of super powers.
not to sound too dramatic, but people must realize, that this region has had a decisive influence on world stage, the most influential religions have sprang from this region, the most important resource is located in this region, the political and religious tensions in the region are so tense that they will have to be resolved for a very long time into the future.

Looncall

Thank you very much for the feedback!

Here's the thing, all the people belong here, they have roots stretching to the dawn of history. this region has known conflicts in various periods of history, it has been a region highly relevant in world politics, and has drew the attention of many empires in the past, including modern history, and today of super powers.
not to sound too dramatic, but people must realize, that this region has had a decisive influence on world stage, the most influential religions have sprang from this region, the most important resource is located in this region, the political and religious tensions in the region are so tense that they will have to be resolved for a very long time into the future.

So what, if anything, can be done?

Should the rest of the world build a fence around the Middle East, wait for the dust to settle, then have a look to see if anyone is still there? Given the endemic barbarity of the region, I don't see any other practical course to take.