• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why are atheistic worldviews so limited

chuck010342

Wow.... i bet you're one of those close minded people who may have to leave this forum containing a wealth of knowledge in order to protect your narrow, narrow beliefs/ .

:facepalm:

Wow... I bet YOUR one of those close minded people who leave this forum containing a wealth of knowledge in order to protect YOUR narrow, narrow beliefs

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
I can't believe that ration people still don't believe that there is a God and an afterlife its quite strange

I have to wonder how you define "rational" because I don't think "belief" is rational no matter which way it swings. Rationality is a science of Philosophy, and comes with complete systems and "reason"... not belief.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
why are atheistic worldviews so limited
Limited? I think you are a bit confused. on Sunday I'm scheduled to orgies into the night. on Monday, I'm eating Catholic babies spiced with chili and some fine red wine on the side, and im scheduled for other uplifting and entertaining secular fun for the rest of the week. world view wise, atheists have inspired Marxism, Communism, and other fine systems which have dominated many millions, subjugated them, and rooted out their religious beliefs. pretty nifty wouldnt you say?
atheism has inspired professional godless psychology, which dwells on sex and all its morbid aspects.
atheism has inspired the philosophy of the strong with the eternal declaration 'God is dead'
no, I would not say that atheistic world views are so limited.
between orgies, eating the other-other white meat and going to church on Sunday, im sure I dont need to tell you whats more entertaining and satisfying.

I can't believe that ration people still don't believe that there is a God and an afterlife its quite strange
I find it beautiful, that in the gorgeous universe that we live in, there are people out there who don't need to profess superstitions in order to claim meaning.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
:facepalm:

Wow... I bet YOUR one of those close minded people who leave this forum containing a wealth of knowledge in order to protect YOUR narrow, narrow beliefs

Well that was original.

Your original post displays a complete and utter lack of sense.

This forum is for the big kids.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
While I don't reject the possibility of some sort of "god" like force in the universe, I don't believe in any of the presented concepts of such because they haven't been adequately substantiated by any solid evidence or logic. In my opinion our ideas of god are nothing more than empty speculation until something actually presents itself that can be directly observed or/and experienced.

Last edited:

challupa

What makes you think mankind is mature? have you read the newspapers lately? Do you think Hitler and Stalin are Mature?
Hitler was a christian with the full blessing of the RCC. People mature at different rates. I never said mankind was mature enough to live without a parent, I said some of us were mature to live without a parent. God is still important for many people. Just not others. You wern't asking about everybody were you? I don't see that a belief in god is a problem and I don't see how not believing in the existence of god is a problem.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
But isn't it obvious that most of those things are manmade? Does it seem possible that when God revealed it it was rational? That the self defeating incongruence and discontinuity of religion is the result of mankind? I mean, who knows what it was like directly from the prophets' mouths?
If god is unable to keep his own revelations from being corrupted by man, it does little to support the idea of its omnipotence.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
As children we used to play a game where we sat in a large circle. The first player would whisper a short sentence into the ear of the player to their right. Then the sentence would be repeated around the circle until it returned to the original player. The larger the circle, the more the original sentence would change by the time the game was over.
This is a lesson in the inaccuracy of hearsay.

However, if the original player instead were to go to each individual and repeat the same original sentence into each players ear. There would be no change, and the original sentence would remain the same.
This is an example of the accuracy of direct witness.

If you were an omnipotent god who wished to make himself known accurately to mankind, which method would you use?

MSizer

MSizer

And I can't believe, that despite the vacuum of evidence for any supernatural phenomena, combined with the various psychological and neuroscientific explanations for superstition, that people still Believe. Actually Believing isn't so incredible to me, because humans are predisposed to do it, but I am amazed at how they can maintain their credulity in the face of recent cognitive science developments.

Just_me_Mike

If god is unable to keep his own revelations from being corrupted by man, it does little to support the idea of its omnipotence.
What suggests to you, that God was interested in not letting his revelation be corrupted by man, and how does this make God any less, other than what your opinion might suggest?

As children we used to play a game where we sat in a large circle. The first player would whisper a short sentence into the ear of the player to their right. Then the sentence would be repeated around the circle until it returned to the original player. The larger the circle, the more the original sentence would change by the time the game was over.
This is a lesson in the inaccuracy of hearsay.

However, if the original player instead were to go to each individual and repeat the same original sentence into each players ear. There would be no change, and the original sentence would remain the same.
This is an example of the accuracy of direct witness.

If you were an omnipotent god who wished to make himself known accurately to mankind, which method would you use?
You apply your reason and logic, to suggest God is concerned about "us" accurately understanding him. Why would you suggest that is God's desire and purpose, to make God's self known accurately to everyone?

There is God's objectives, and TW's theoretical God objectives, two totally different things.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
What suggests to you, that God was interested in not letting his revelation be corrupted by man, and how does this make God any less, other than what your opinion might suggest?

You apply your reason and logic, to suggest God is concerned about "us" accurately understanding him. Why would you suggest that is God's desire and purpose, to make God's self known accurately to everyone?

There is God's objectives, and TW's theoretical God objectives, two totally different things.
And IWE's theoretical apologetics.