• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why anti-theism is a joke.

blackout

Violet.
That said,
FREEDOM to live One's OWN Chosen path
is of essential value for all individual SENTIENT CREATIVE life.

In my View,
and for the sake of EVERY human,
for as long as we may exist,
the right to persue happiness and personal fulfillment
is WORTH fighting for
for every human being--
as long as they are not themselves,
coming against the right of others
to do the same.

I guess that makes me an Anti-Authoritarian.

Even so,
I mostly combat authoritarianism
by finding clever ways to remain TRUE TO MYSELF,
in spite of the combatant tendencies
I find around me.

I'm not out to "change people" though.
I'm out to live the most DYNAMIC life I can, as Me.
If my life as my most Dynamic Me
touches others positively
than that is just an added plus.

Last edited:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
If you had taken the time to fully read the first post which sets the context for the entire thread I think you would have found " So instead of criticizing religion, which is a very broad term and no mater how much you wish it could cannot be disproven entirely, why not focus on the real problem which is people? "

and thus the methodology utilized by the ignorant propagates hate e.t.c. and thus information is the key to peace, as peace can not be achieved by force only that of understanding, so with regards to childish copy cat cognitive perceptions I was trying to clarify in case misinterpretation occurred. Thus not being funny time well spent in reading is time well earned in having knowledge.

Have a nice day.

Doesn't matter. Regardless of what your first post was intended to be a response to, it's still a ridiculously shallow and uninformed generalization about religion.

Or let me put it this way. Since you say this:
Religion in its entirety can be disproved as with lack of information the imagination makes up for the short fall, hence the totality of information to formulate an answer is always the same. Just the imagination makes religion seem plausible as it is not founded upon reality.

One sentence..

Have a nice day.......

Please tell us: what exactly is "religion in it's entirety"?

I have zero doubt that when you say "in it's entirety" you're refering to the entirety of your knowledge on the subject, which I also have no doubt you should be able to fit into one brief post here.

Have a nice day
(and just a tip: try and spend part of it reading)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I have yet to find a religion that doesn't deserve to be criticized. They are all equally ridiculous to me. It appears that you think it is ok to criticize religions that are absurd to you but not religions that you think are OK. The universe wasn't created just for you, and in fact, NO ONE is uniquely special. The word "faith" is used in religious beliefs for a reason. At some level, people know that these beliefs are absurd and it is kind of presumptuous for people to expect absurd beliefs to be accepted without criticism.
If someone believes that some god caused the universe to inflate, and just let everything take it's own natural course, then there is no absurdity. If you believe god guided the outcome of evolution, then there really isn't anything absurd about that one either. Some religions openly defy and challenge well established findings, some don't. The issue shouldn't be lumping them all into one category and calling them all dumb, dangerous, and absurd; but realizing they don't all have the coodies and working with them instead of against to further scientific knowledge and a better world for all.
Again, it's an issue of the people, and not the symbols and imagery they use for excuses. Wars have been fought in the name of god, but they have also been fought for money, territory, resources, ethnicity, even lovers.

blackout

Violet.
If someone believes that some god caused the universe to inflate, and just let everything take it's own natural course, then there is no absurdity. If you believe god guided the outcome of evolution, then there really isn't anything absurd about that one either. Some religions openly defy and challenge well established findings, some don't. The issue shouldn't be lumping them all into one category and calling them all dumb, dangerous, and absurd; but realizing they don't all have the coodies and working with them instead of against to further scientific knowledge and a better world for all.
Again, it's an issue of the people, and not the symbols and imagery they use for excuses. Wars have been fought in the name of god, but they have also been fought for money, territory, resources, ethnicity, even lovers.

Equal opportunity ANTI works overtime.

Theists are theists after all.

Photonic

Ad astra!

The problem is you are introducing an explanation to a system that can be explained perfectly without the extra explanation. It can be justifiably criticized.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The problem is you are introducing an explanation to a system that can be explained perfectly without the extra explanation. It can be justifiably criticized.
But as of now it hasn't been perfectly explained. And there is always the possibility that in the future scientist realize we were looking at everything from the wrong angle and what we think is accurate today will be shown to be very inaccurate.
And there is the fact that atoms have always existed, even though it wasn't until recently we could see them. DNA has been at work for billions of years, but we have not known about it until recently. Even cholesterol was denounced when it was first discovered, but better observation techniques have found Da Vinci was right about it.
It can be equally justifiably criticized to think theories that always have the potential to be shown wrong, and can indeed be shown to be wrong should better interpretations of data and observations be made, disproves all forms of a God entity. Of course it doesn't prove God, but when you realize science isn't the grand end-all to the debate, and conventional knowledge and thinking are often based on assumptions that shouldn't be made, then you are left with a stale-mate as to whether or not God exist.

MataM

Let me just stop you there.

You come in 25 pages and 241 posts into a discussion, saying, in effect, "religion is made up and imaginative and they don't have a clue, and they're playing in imagination land".

I think Quagmire's response is a pretty valid one. Instead of claiming that he has not read the first post and that he is doing "childish copy cat cognitive perceptions", it would be beneficial if you explained yourself better. So far I've not seen any reason to think that his view is incorrect.

So please, enlighten me.

no worries, "supposed to be a critique of anti-thiesm" information is the key to critique aka a detailed analysis and assessment.I hope that is enough information.
So in short the imagination is where wrath/revenage e.t.c. stems from but with information such is never deemed right nor acceptable and thus need I say more, I can not be blamed it applies to thesim as a whole.

To you too kind sir/madame, Have a nice day.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
So in short the imagination is where wrath/revenage e.t.c. stems from but with information such is never deemed right nor acceptable and thus need I say more, I can not be blamed it applies to thesim as a whole.
(emphasis mine)

But it doesn't.

atanu

Premium Member
You might be an anti-theist if: Even though you don't believe he exists, you still think you are God's gift to the ignorant masses.

That is brilliant. I wanted to say it but did not have the requisite courage.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
You might be an anti-theist if: Even though you don't believe he exists, you still think you are God's gift to the ignorant masses.
You just might be an anti-atheist if you think that the entire universe is God's gift to humanity. :p

waitasec

Veteran Member
You just might be an anti-atheist if you think that the entire universe is God's gift to humanity. :p

something tells me this---^ is placing an undue importance in the human species considering we are just as subjected to indifference as all other species on this planet.

crystalonyx

From what I've seen on here, atheism is attacked with much more ferocity than religion, which is also generally true in our society.