• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whoever says same-sex sexual attraction is unnatural is a liar.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I am not attracted to males at all. And I would never dream of having sex with a male if that makes me creepy or a bad man ok then I am willingly being Creepy or bad.
What others do is none of my business.
To say we are secretly thinking of having sex with the same gender as ourselves is an F...ing idiotic comment.
No matter you like it or not Amanaki is 100% straight.
You're also clearly more monogamous than most dudes.
There's nothing bad or creepy about any of this.

While I have issues with the Kinsey Scale( I find it simplistic, with unimpressive methodology), it definitely shows an enormous proportion of men with zero interest in homosex. Far more than men with zero interest in heterosex.
Tom

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I am not attracted to males at all. And I would never dream of having sex with a male if that makes me creepy or a bad man ok then I am willingly being Creepy or bad.
What others do is none of my business.
To say we are secretly thinking of having sex with the same gender as ourselves is an F...ing idiotic comment.
No matter you like it or not Amanaki is 100% straight.

I'm that way too, but really do understand that most people aren't.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I haven't seen you this wound up before.

Also, you misunderstood his comment. He did not say that nobody is 100% heterosexual, so you're safe there.

Congratulations.

I do not often get offended anymore, But some topic I do get offended by and this OP actually offended me. So that is why I reacted as strongly as I did.
I know it is my own problem but I get actually sick if I have to be naked in the same room as another man, so to think that someone can actually say 50% of all people think of sex or sex-related topics with the same gender that to me is insane.
I can not say what others should do or think of Gay people, but to call someone for who is straight, to a liar because we do not want sex with the same-sex as our self, that is to me offensive

Rational Agnostic

I detest the term straight: it implies that same-sex attraction is "deviant".
Some people, I dare say more than 50%, are naturally attracted to both sexes regardless
of what they will reveal or openly admit.

Mother Nature is in total command of our respective sexual orientations regardless
of the underlying reason for them. I believe in that. People should just live and let live.

I agree with you, and also agree that the term "straight" is insulting to those who are not heterosexual. However, I'm skeptical of your assertion that more than 50% of people are attracted to both sexes. What evidence do you base this assertion on?

PureX

Veteran Member
It is less than 20% of humans that are completely heterosexual. K tje results of Kinsey's original work in the 40s has been repeated and reflected since both on a larger scale and using different a demographic.
How does one define being "completely heterosexual"? How does one define being "completely homosexual"? Where is the line between sexual inclination and activity?

You're trying to make us think that by-sexuality is more common than heterosexuality by using extremes, and that's just nonsense. That graph is useless, by the way.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
How does one define being "completely heterosexual"? How does one define being "completely homosexual"? Where is the line between sexual inclination and activity?

You're trying to make us think that by-sexuality is more common than heterosexuality by using extremes, and that's just nonsense. That graph is useless, by the way.

The chart i supplied is fairy specific and i am not trying to make you think anything, i should hope you are capable of that without my aid.

What i am saying is sexuality is varied but it seems that many people are programmed/indoctrinated to deny their feelings.

And that chart is accurate based on the data gathered by Dr Kinsey and associates.

Care to take the Kinsey test and see where you sit on the chart?
Kinsey Scale Test

PureX

Veteran Member
The chart i supplied is fairy specific and i am not trying to make you think anything, i should hope you are capable of that without my aid.

What i am saying is sexuality is varied but it seems that many people are programmed/indoctrinated to deny their feelings.
Or, they simply don't hold them as being especially significant of anything. Or, maybe they don't really have those feelings, but just have passing thoughts, and you want to think they they mean something that they don't. Who's going to decide what other people think and feel or don't feel, and what it means?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Or, they simply don't hold them as being especially significant of anything. Or, maybe they don't really have those feelings, but just have passing thoughts, and you want to think they they mean something that they don't. Who's going to decide what other people think and feel or don't feel, and what it means?

Or maybe, or maybe, or maybe.

Do you think psychological analysts have not taken maybe into consideration?

Btw, edited my post, the edit is not in your quoted text, so i assume you hit reply before i posted the edit so i will repeat.

Kinsey Scale Test

It only takes a minute

PureX

Veteran Member
Or maybe, or maybe, or maybe.

Do you think psychological analysts have not taken maybe into consideration?
I think if you ask 1000 people what their sexual orientation is, the vast majority of them will say they are heterosexual. Maybe 30% will claim homo- and/or by-sexuality. And only a minuscule number, if any, will claim any of those "other" designations. You're in a minority, deal with it.

BTW, ... I LIKE that there are these variations among us. I feel honored to have been friends with some gay and lesbian folks over the years because their uniqueness makes them more interesting, often more perceptive and courageous, and sometimes even more wise.
Honesty, I couldn't care less where I sit on that chart. And I suspect it would vary by the day, anyway.

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
I think if you ask 1000 people what their sexual orientation is, the vast majority of them will say they are heterosexual. Maybe 20% will claim homo- and/or by-sexuality. And only a minuscule number, if any, will claim any of those "other" designations. You're in a minority, deal with it.

BTW, ... I LIKE that there are these variations among us. I feel honored to have been friends with some gay and lesbian folks over the years because their uniqueness makes them more interesting, often more perceptive and courageous, and sometimes even more wise.

Ok, it seems you are deliberately ignoring the test to the extent of editing it from my post

Not sure i would say the vast majority, but certainly a majority. It seems some don't consider the occasional naught thought, maybe in the shower room, as being significant? That does not change the fact that they have sexual thoughts about same ssx

PureX

Veteran Member
Ok, it seems you are deliberately ignoring the test to the extent of editing it from my post

Not sure i would say the vast majority, but certainly a majority. It seems some don't consider the occasional naught thought, maybe in the shower room, as being significant? That does not change the fact that they have sexual thoughts about same sex.
I'm just speaking for the men, here, but we can have sexual thoughts about pretty much ANYTHING given a few minutes of boredom. It's just par for the course. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

And that chart is accurate based on the data gathered by Dr Kinsey and associates.

Kinsey Scale Test
I took the test you provided and as i already know i was very very much a heterosexual
0.png
person

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I retook it just to time how long it took. I haven't taken it for some time. Im just the same at as i was at 1.
Since I got 0 in the score for mine, I would think some people would say I made it so because i am "stubborn" since I claim always to be 100% heterosexual. But I am ok that people who are very pro-gay would think this of me.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Since I got 0 in the score for mine, I would think some people would say I made it so because i am "stubborn" since I claim always to be 100% heterosexual. But I am ok that people who are very pro-gay would think this of me.

The questions are pretty obvious and i expect that you answered honestly, i don't think you would cheat to effect your score, it just doesnt seem like something you would do.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

I don't understand why you think that scoring super low is problem. It isn't.
You're clearly not homophobic, you don't care what other people do. There's just no problem here that I can see.
Tom

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I don't understand why you think that scoring super low is problem. It isn't.
You're clearly not homophobic, you don't care what other people do. There's just no problem here that I can see.
Tom
Thank you :) Honestly you are one who understand me better then many others :)