• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whoever says same-sex sexual attraction is unnatural is a liar.

Jonathan Bailey

Same-sex attraction is as natural and ancient as opposite-sex attraction. That's an absolute fact, Jack.

PS - Same-sex attraction is as old
as the hills, Jill.

I've got news for you, sunshine: as long as living sexual beings exist, human or otherwise, same-sex attraction will also exist. That's the way the cookie crumbles, chief.

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
If you ask me, I just think it's somehow a product of evolution that gets people to adapt to their environments. But as to why some are straight and some aren't.... I can't explain the conditions which must be met to change things.

Jonathan Bailey

If you ask me, I just think it's somehow a product of evolution that gets people to adapt to their environments. But as to why some are straight and some aren't.... I can't explain the conditions which must be met to change things.

I detest the term straight: it implies that same-sex attraction is "deviant".
Some people, I dare say more than 50%, are naturally attracted to both sexes regardless
of what they will reveal or openly admit.

Mother Nature is in total command of our respective sexual orientations regardless
of the underlying reason for them. I believe in that. People should just live and let live.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

You're right that it's a product of evolution.

Humans are generalists in much of our behavior. Sexual desire, even apart from being a push-button response (stimulating nerves that release feel-good chemicals despite the source of stimulation), appears in humans in so many variations that we are assured of reproduction. Since sex also influences bonding chemicals in the brain, same sex attraction is a good way of intensifying social bonds.

Plus, being able to satisfy sexual desire even in the absence of the opposite sex allows an individual the stress relief and companionship needed to survive and possibly still pass on genetics or help the community.

PureX

Veteran Member
It is "deviant" in that it is the anomaly. Most humans are mostly heterosexual. That is the "norm". Taking or using these words as insults is your own choice.
Some people, I dare say more than 50%, are naturally attracted to both sexes regardless of what they will reveal or openly admit.
Well, I don't think you would have any way of knowing that. Certainly not if they don't believe it, themselves. And of course it's not a 'black and white' issue. So some unfulfilled inclination or attraction toward one's own sex does not make one bisexual.
Mother Nature is in total command of our respective sexual orientations regardless
of the underlying reason for them. I believe in that. People should just live and let live.
Well, that is clearly not true, as our circumstances and environment have a lot of influence on how we think and behave, sexually.

But I agree that unless crimes are being committed, we should mind our own business, and allow others to mind theirs.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It is "deviant" in that it is the anomaly. Most humans are mostly heterosexual. That is the "norm". Taking or using these words as insults is your own choice.

It is less than 20% of humans that are completely heterosexual. K tje results of Kinsey's original work in the 40s has been repeated and reflected since both on a larger scale and using different a demographic.

350px-Kinsey_Scale.svg.png

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Same-sex attraction is as natural and ancient as opposite-sex attraction. That's an absolute fact, Jack.

as the hills, Jill.

I've got news for you, sunshine: as long as living sexual beings exist, human or otherwise, same-sex attraction will also exist. That's the way the cookie crumbles, chief.
You pretty much got the village people in there. ;0)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Some people, I dare say more than 50%, are naturally attracted to both sexes regardless
of what they will reveal or openly admit.

I am not attracted to males at all. And I would never dream of having sex with a male if that makes me creepy or a bad man ok then I am willingly being Creepy or bad.
What others do is none of my business.
To say we are secretly thinking of having sex with the same gender as ourselves is an F...ing idiotic comment.
No matter you like it or not Amanaki is 100% straight.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not lying, usually just ignorant.

Variation is adaptive. It helps a species weather the vicissitudes of changing circumstances or environment. It gives evolution something to work with. Sexual variation is common among birds and mammals.

Not all individuals need to reproduce for a population to thrive.

lostwanderingsoul

Maybe you should wait before "getting back into the fold". Study what the Bible says should happen if two men have sex together. Sex was invented so animals could reproduce. Two males or two females cannot reproduce.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

as the hills, Jill.

I tend to agree with you, but I'm wondering: Who the heck are "Jack," "Jill," "sunshine," and "chief"? Who are you addressing here?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Not all individuals need to reproduce for a population to thrive.
Especially not men.

I think a big part of the differences between men and women has to do with the fact that, as individuals, men are extremely dispensable. Women are far more crucial. And a healthy 18 y/o male could easily get 30 women pregnant over the course of a summer, then never reproduce again.

I think facts like this explain a lot of stereotypical human behavior.
Tom

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am not attracted to males at all. And I would never dream of having sex with a male if that makes me creepy or a bad man ok then I am willingly being Creepy or bad. What others do is none of my business. To say we are secretly thinking of having sex with the same gender as ourselves is an F...ing idiotic comment.

I haven't seen you this wound up before.

Also, you misunderstood his comment. He did not say that nobody is 100% heterosexual, so you're safe there.

No matter you like it or not Amanaki is 100% straight.

Congratulations.

Study what the Bible says should happen if two men have sex together.

Why? What difference would it make to somebody who doesn't consider those scriptures authoritative? Maybe I should also go to the Iliad for advice.

I think I'll study my conscience instead, applying reason to empathy and the Golden Rule. Doesn't the Christian Bible recommend stoning such people to death? I feel like I already have a better set of moral values that the Bible can offer.

In fact, why don't you check out the Affirmations of Humanism to see what a rational, compassionate, constructive worldview and moral code look like? You'll find no stonings or homophobic gods therein.

Sex was invented so animals could reproduce. Two males or two females cannot reproduce.

Sex was invented?

Reproduction hasn't been part of sex for me since I had a vasectomy in my twenties. Sex has only ever been for bonding and for physical / emotional/ spiritual pleasure ever since.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Maybe you should wait before "getting back into the fold". Study what the Bible says should happen if two men have sex together. Sex was invented so animals could reproduce. Two males or two females cannot reproduce.

Sex is not just about procreation. And sex was around long before the bible tried interfere in the bedroon