• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will the Antichrist be?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So who will be Satan's counterfeit Christ-Messiah? He will be a man of peace right? What is your understanding of this person? Will He rule the world?

I recall when some believed it might have been Reagan: Ronald Wilson Reagan with six letters in each name = 6-6-6.

Also, on the night of Reagan's election victory in 1980, the winning numbers in the Maryland lottery were "666."

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
So who will be Satan's counterfeit Christ-Messiah? He will be a man of peace right? What is your understanding of this person? Will He rule the world?
I'm the anti-Christ!

At least that's what I was told by a security guard where I worked whereas he made the same claim to two other Jewish staff members.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
"someone who seats himself above all religions."

Like God.
It is possibly the complete opposite to that, it says your king shall be Yah-Avah (The Lord To Be) multiple times within the Tanakh...

Revelations says the Lamb is Lord of Lords, which is a title for Yah-Avah...So those rejecting someone being like an Elohim, proves they're Anti-Christ.

The whole Messianic age, is only those who are enlightened; who know there is just one Most High, thus can accept they're all Elohim. :innocent:

lostwanderingsoul

The anti-Christ is not one single person but the whole belief among people that God's rules do not apply and Christ is not to be followed. Anti-Christ is against Christ.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה

Is this like America's Got Talent or American Idol or ......?

Is there a phone number to call to vote? Can we vote more than once?

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
It is possibly the complete opposite to that, it says your king shall be Yah-Avah (The Lord To Be) multiple times within the Tanakh...

Revelations says the Lamb is Lord of Lords, which is a title for Yah-Avah...So those rejecting someone being like an Elohim, proves they're Anti-Christ.

The whole Messianic age, is only those who are enlightened; who know there is just one Most High, thus can accept they're all Elohim. :innocent:

The Antichrist wrote the Bible.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
During the second coming of Christ, Jesus will come to the Earth with a message of peace and love, and we will naturally get angry over such a message. In our anger we will call Jesus the Antichrist and crucify him again. And so it will be humankind that is the real Antichrist.
Have you read "The Grand Inquisitor" from The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoyevsky? You should. We won't crucify him, we'll send him his way for spoiling our own version of what he stood for.

(In the tale, Christ comes back to Earth in Seville during the Inquistion, and performs a few miracles. The people recognize him and adore him, but he is arrested by Inquisition leaders and sentenced to be burnt to death the next day. The Grand Inquisitor visits him in his cell to tell him that the Church no longer needs him. The main portion of the text is devoted to the Inquisitor explaining to Jesus why his return would interfere with the mission of the Church. The Inquisitor lets him go with a promise to be silent about who he is.)

whirlingmerc

The spirit of the antichrist has always been around and there are many antichrists in the world through history, but there will be one ultimate one... who or when, I do not know

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
An Anti-Christ can not possibly be a man of peace! The Christ is a man of peace, the Anti-Christ is completely the opposite. As for ruling the world - the last time the Christ was here, the candidates for Anti-Christ, in that period, were Nero and Caligula (either one or both, even though they came after him). They were emperors and men of power, but they did not rule the entire world.

As the Christ has predicted that when he returns, he will be separating humanity into sheep and goats. I would suggest that the Anti-Christ will be the leader of the goats. From Matthew 25:41-45, we understand that goats are people who are not interested in feeding the poor (the least of these), or healing the sick, or welcoming strangers/immigrants/refugees or helping people in prison.

A leader of these goats who don't care at all about the 'least of these' - the poorest of the poor, such a leader will be the Anti-Christ.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
The Christ is a man of peace
Matthew 10:34 "Don't think that I came to send peace on the earth. I didn't come to send peace, but a sword.
The Book of Revelation is a coded message to early Christians of that time
The Beast is Christianity, with the false name 'jesus' meaning (Lord of the Beasts), John is the dragon which gave Pauline Christianity its base...

Thus Christians are the Children of the Mother of all Harlots....Can explain this in so much detail throughout, please ask. :innocent:

Most likely the 'arch deceiver' is already in the world teaching a false, counterfeit word. The question is if a second coming takes place, will that Christ confirm or deny the authenticity of any existing tradition? If he comes to correct our understanding of the Father, then those who refuse that correction and act against any new moral insight he reveals are by definition anit-christ, whether they are secular individuals, atheist or leaders of ancient traditions. That is when we discover if the existing faith paradigm has anything to do with God, whether we have been both deceived and self deceived.

Dinos

Religious Truth
During the second coming of Christ, Jesus will come to the Earth with a message of peace and love, and we will naturally get angry over such a message. In our anger we will call Jesus the Antichrist and crucify him again. And so it will be humankind that is the real Antichrist.

You may have judged us too harshly. My father migrated to England from Cyprus to get away from the impending conflict while EOKA sought independence from the UK. My mother took my sister and me to England a few months later when he had established himself in work and suitable accommodation. My father was a pacifist (he died in 2003) and so are we.

My aunts and uncles followed us to England within a few years of us; they too are pacifists.

Why would we kill Christ when we could debate with Him? Do you really think we would try to crucify Him? That's an out-dated method of execution. A Satanist might try to assassinate Him but He (the Christ) will come with full power and will remain unaffected, assuming that He will come here again, of course.

Peace and love to all,

Dinos