• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who wants to talk about Satan?!

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Washington D.C. was designed by freemasons. It's basically a Babylonian wonderland. It's not Christian at all. In spite of people claiming the USA was founded by Christians. Well yes, Christians(from the Puritans) but also Freemasons
Baseless conspiracy theories about the Freemasons are always amusing. And always baseless.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you think?
In the Tanach that can be so, however like most things it takes on more specific roles in the NT. In a given context the reader must specify what is being opposed. Jesus calls Peter 'Satan' once, but Peter is not generally opposed to all things. Peter does not hate life the universe and everything but is momentarily opposing the death of Jesus. The word Satan is transliterated rather than translated in this instance to help explain what Peter is opposing: Gods will. So the usage in the NT can be very specific and take on the flavor of a more specific word.

This then opens up the question of whether the word in the Tanach may not also take on flavor and special uses depending upon context. Is Satan in Job referring to a particular kind of opposition? What does he oppose other than Jobs happiness? Is he opposing the will of a supreme being, the Israelite Dream or what?

Reaper

Ave Satanas
It's basically a Babylonian wonderland. It's not Christian at all. In spite of people claiming the USA was founded by Christians. Well yes, Christians(from the Puritans) but also Freemasons. The Obelisk in Washington is symbolic of a phallus and there are corresponding obelisks in London, Rome(Vatican city) and Paris. These four cities are some of the most powerful cities in the world. Definitely the most powerful cities in the West.

As a descendant of a freemason; no. Trust me when I say that all that is little more than a conspiracy theory.

Last edited:

…The literal translations of "Satan" mean "opposition" or "adversary". By this definition, any and all "God(s)" are essentially a Satan to the will of nature and the universe as we know it, based in entropy and self preservation.

Sorry, I have no reason to believe that.

… where the will of God and of Satan are the same, only God is holding the reigns of his will "Satan". ….

Sorry, I don’t think that is true. God doesn’t want to torture others.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Since I Can't post in the DIR I'll make a thread here. It's been a few years actually, I'm certain to meet many new people and I hope to encounter many of my old friends here.

The literal translations of "Satan" mean "opposition" or "adversary". By this definition, any and all "God(s)" are essentially a Satan to the will of nature and the universe as we know it, based in entropy and self preservation. And so, I conjure that not only is every God Satan, but Satan is the universe itself, as conflict is inherit in the ways of all the cosmos. It is the trial of existence, this is Satan. So in essence we live in Satan's kingdom, a realm of opposition.

I believe in many ways certain aspects of the Bible imply this, especially if you think of mystery Babylon and the tower Babel. I will also include the book of Enoch into this and Septuagint, although some verses in KJV are the same, like Mark 7:6-7. There are plenty of examples, like in the story of Job, where the will of God and of Satan are the same, only God is holding the reigns of his will "Satan". Jesus is even quoted as threatening to become (a) "Satan" and advising others not the be a "Satan" towards him.

What do you think?
"The literal translations of "Satan" mean "opposition" or "adversary"."

Sorry, I don't agree with one.
Nature* obeys commandments of G-d, Satan behaves against both nature and G-d.

Regards

*[3:84]Do they seek a religion other than Allah’s, while to Him submits whosoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, and to Him shall they be returned?
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 3: Aal-e-`Imran

RaXz

Bleach Biatch
As a descendant of a freemason; no. Trust me when I say that all that is little more than a conspiracy theory.

Just like the Obelisk at Israel's Supreme Court in the Dorothy de Rothschild grove?

Dorothy de Rothschild - Wikipedia

Everywhere there are Freemasons in power you will find Obelisks and Pyramids, and there's even one on top of the Masonic Supreme Court building in Jerusalem, and it looks awfully similar to the one on the Dollar bill which is there for all to see, it even gets more interesting when you put the Seal of Solomon on it, which is also known as the star of the Shield of the Rothschild's.

Looks pretty anti-Semitic, as it's exactly what Moses fled from, and nowadays right in the Holy land built by Freemasons, which are known for their love of such symbols, there's ample proof of that in the Swiss, take a look.

How fortunate that they've accepted Donald Christ Trump as their savior, his grandfather fled from the same kingdom from which the Freemason Bavarian Illuminati spawned from to dodge the draft, namely the Kingdom of Bavaria. Even more fortunate when Christians and conspiracy theorists also took him as their savior, may his world rule (Donald is Gaelic for world ruler) be filled with peace and safety for all.

The Ducktators (1942)

Kelly of the Phoenix

Baseless conspiracy theories about the Freemasons are always amusing. And always baseless.
I don't go for most of the conspiracy stuff, but my grandfather wanted a Mason funeral, and my brother and I were trying hard not to laugh because all throughout the funeral, the Southern Baptists were all aflame at the Wiccan family members from his side of the family, and the Mason part of the service was just a pagan-like service with Jesus' name tacked on haphazardly. I had a dream later where I went to his lodge and berated everyone there for the rank hypocrisy of dissing pagans.

RaXz

Bleach Biatch
The world walked right into the trap thanks to worldly desires, like wanting to save a world which is quite obviously seeped in corruption, but most much rather look away from all the corruption and wickedness and sift through Disney lalaland, that is, until reality catches up, and it's only a matter of time.

2 Corinthians 11:
12 And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about. 13 For such people are false apostles,X)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-29003X" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">deceitfulY)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-29003Y" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;"> workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ.Z)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-29003Z" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;"> 14 And no wonder, for SatanAA)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-29004AA" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;"> himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

In short:

RaXz

Bleach Biatch
I don't go for most of the conspiracy stuff, but my grandfather wanted a Mason funeral, and my brother and I were trying hard not to laugh because all throughout the funeral, the Southern Baptists were all aflame at the Wiccan family members from his side of the family, and the Mason part of the service was just a pagan-like service with Jesus' name tacked on haphazardly. I had a dream later where I went to his lodge and berated everyone there for the rank hypocrisy of dissing pagans.

I doubt they will try to refute my post, it usually just gets deleted, as of late I'm getting banned all over the place, especially from conspiracy theorist forums, just like New Age forums there are lots of Freemasons on it.

Kelly of the Phoenix

I don't take all the conspiracy stuff seriously. The Freemasons are just a club, like all the others, filled with the same type of stupid tribalism as the rest of them. I doubt all the people currently in the world trying to watch it burn are all Freemasons.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Sorry, I have no reason to believe that.

Ok? No reason why? Or you're just going to leave it at that? The information is there, and it's accurate, so believe or not, it's true information and translations.

Sorry, I don’t think that is true. God doesn’t want to torture others.

Read the story of Job. Do you understand the concept of hell? That's eternal torture.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I bet at your house it’s not “The Twelve Days of Christmas,” it’s “The Twelve Steps of Christmas.” :D

Orias

Left Hand Path
Guys. Satan means literally..."opposition" you discussing the existence is irrelevant when you do not take to heart the symbology in the interpretation.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Guys. Satan means literally..."opposition" you discussing the existence is irrelevant when you do not take to heart the symbology in the interpretation.

For those in the back who think Satan is some type of ant outside of his mound. Satan means opposition. That's it.

No need to make a flying spaghetti monster of it.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Thank you everyone who is participating in this discussion with reason and consideration .Even if we hold opposing views I appreciate you.