• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who wants to talk about Satan?!

Orias

Left Hand Path
Guys. Empirical evidence does not apply in the realm of metaphysics and symbology. Reducitive reasoning is not the best way to apprehend what I am saying, or even the best form of reasoning to use when considering logic.

With that said, I do respect all of your opinions, especially those who have taken the time to explain their position.

I don't really appreciate one liner rejections without any explanation, although you're entitled to your opinion and views I am here to have an open ended discussion and not insult or harass anyone .

Orias

Left Hand Path
"The literal translations of "Satan" mean "opposition" or "adversary"."

Sorry, I don't agree with one.
Nature* obeys commandments of G-d, Satan behaves against both nature and G-d.

But you're disagreement is exactly what I'm referring to.

If Satan behaves against both nature and God ,then it is exactly opposition as it's defined.

As it turns out, the word "Satan" means literally "opposition" or "adversary". So you're not wrong, I just don't understand what you're in disagreement with.

KT Shamim

Ahmadiyya Muslim Community
Kingdom does in many ways belong to Opposition. Not sure what your political reference has to do with the subject but if we apply it, conservatives are the opposition to the democrat's and if they rule the USA and the UK then they are the kingdom belonging to the opposition.

In some ways yes, in other ways no. Darkness exists without light, it has no creator. Although, darkness is light, as it does contain biophotons. Light becomes extinguished, dark does not
This is nice discussing with you

Kingdom belongs to the winning party was my point
But in the case of God even the opposition exists by His leave.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Is Satan in Job referring to a particular kind of opposition? What does he oppose other than Jobs happiness? Is he opposing the will of a supreme being, the Israelite Dream or what?

This is a great point.

I think it symbolizes a few aspects, Satan is the opposition as in the role he plays is opposite the will of God. It does not mean he opposes the will of God to be defiant, it means he opposes the will of God as it is his role in exercising a will that is the opposite of God. So naturally, as many would percieve God to be benevolent, Satan would be malevolent .

Although I could argue for many sides of this story, I would maintain that Satan remains in ambiguity as "opposition". In a world dictated by electromagnetism, opposition is a necessary facet to tie everything into being.

Every day we face death
This is opposition

Everytime we live and we are thankful
This is opposition

It's everything, it is God, and an extension of that. We are also an extension of God, therefore we are that.

Again, I'm speaking metaphorically. Using the words not describe a being but an observation in life, the phenomena of existence and the way the entire cosmos interacts with itself. It's what I call the duality, and it is the source of all magic and influence.

PruePhillip

From the evidence we have, we have no logical warrant to infer that the existence of Satan is more plausible than the existence of Mickey Mouse.

Ciao

- viole

OR the evidence for parallel universes, what came before the big bang, what happens inside black holes of life emerging from non-life. Lots of things we take on faith.

Orias

Left Hand Path
OR the evidence for parallel universes, what came before the big bang, what happens inside black holes of life emerging from non-life. Lots of things we take on faith.

A lot of people use the terms, logic and empirical evidence, but I don't think it means what they think it means. Because how many of these people are holding views based on observations they never made? A lot .

Jumi

I doubt they will try to refute my post, it usually just gets deleted, as of late I'm getting banned all over the place, especially from conspiracy theorist forums, just like New Age forums there are lots of Freemasons on it.
Well, people who spam large amounts of videos and posts to promote their ideas tend to get banned on just about every forum. You could try a different style of posting.

PruePhillip

A lot of people use the terms, logic and empirical evidence, but I don't think it means what they think it means. Because how many of these people are holding views based on observations they never made? A lot .

Yes, they said they didn't domesticate camels in Abraham's day, that there's no place called Nazareth, that there was no King David, that Jerusalem was just a little town, Jews are a religion and not a people etc.. But when the evidence was presented for all these and many more, people just ignored the empirical evidence.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
But you're disagreement is exactly what I'm referring to.

If Satan behaves against both nature and God ,then it is exactly opposition as it's defined.

As it turns out, the word "Satan" means literally "opposition" or "adversary". So you're not wrong, I just don't understand what you're in disagreement with.
"And so, I conjure that not only is every God Satan, but Satan is the universe itself, as conflict is inherit in the ways of all the cosmos."

I disagree about the above expression in the OP.

Satan is not G-d and Satan does not exist physically, please.

Regards

PruePhillip

"And so, I conjure that not only is every God Satan, but Satan is the universe itself, as conflict is inherit in the ways of all the cosmos."

I disagree about the above expression in the OP.

Satan is not G-d and Satan does not exist physically, please.

Regards

Jesus certainly spoke of Satan as being a real person. Or, don't you believe Jesus was real person either?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Since I Can't post in the DIR I'll make a thread here. It's been a few years actually, I'm certain to meet many new people and I hope to encounter many of my old friends here.

The literal translations of "Satan" mean "opposition" or "adversary". By this definition, any and all "God(s)" are essentially a Satan to the will of nature and the universe as we know it, based in entropy and self preservation. And so, I conjure that not only is every God Satan, but Satan is the universe itself, as conflict is inherit in the ways of all the cosmos. It is the trial of existence, this is Satan. So in essence we live in Satan's kingdom, a realm of opposition.

I believe in many ways certain aspects of the Bible imply this, especially if you think of mystery Babylon and the tower Babel. I will also include the book of Enoch into this and Septuagint, although some verses in KJV are the same, like Mark 7:6-7. There are plenty of examples, like in the story of Job, where the will of God and of Satan are the same, only God is holding the reigns of his will "Satan". Jesus is even quoted as threatening to become (a) "Satan" and advising others not the be a "Satan" towards him.

What do you think?

I generally consider Satan to be the subconscious mind. Of course I also feel the Gods are a creation of the subconscious mind.

So we create this ideal entity that we consciously feel we ought to worship, follow, emulate. The subconscious mind is the adversary of this ideal entity to the point were it creates a false idea of this ideal entity to worship.

Of course the subconscious is not something separate from us but it does go about doing it's own thing beneath our conscious awareness, temping us to "immoral" acts as far as our conscious ideal goes.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you

Can't argue with that. Logic is just language and emperical evidence is only emperical when it's your actual senses recording data. Everything else is just hearsay. It isn't that we can't trust science, exactly.

EDIT: Wasn't quite finished, stupid phone.

But people often confuse trusting science and performing science. When people say, "That's illogical." They often mean it just doesn't make sense to them. And when they say, "We have empirical evidence of [insert scientific principle] they often really mean they empirically read about it on the internet.

I'm not even immune to this myself despite being aware of it.

Last edited:

Read the story of Job. Do you understand the concept of hell? That's eternal torture.

God doesn’t say He wants to torture. And hell is not place of torture. According to the Bible, hell the second death, eternal fire and things that end up there burn forever. But there is no Biblical reason to think they live or suffer there. And because eternal life is only for righteous, I think it is not reasonable to think people will live in hell eternally, especially when they are destroyed there.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matt. 10:28

Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. If anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.
Revelation 20:12-15

RaXz

Bleach Biatch
Keep talking while you are going to enjoy the peace that Donald Christ gives to the world, most don't even seem to care of the significance of the US embassy move, while it's an undeniable big move in both political, historical perspectives, but the lawless will never care as they much rather busy themselves to twist everything to fit their own respective perspectives, until the time comes that has never been before, and never will come again.

This generation even thinks it's normal that women are drafted for war under the guise of equality and diversity, as if modern war is compassionate.

It tells me a lot about the state of mind of people on a whole, enjoy the falling away.

RaXz

Bleach Biatch
Curious, what might you think the main attribute of Satan would be?

Narcissism, it's what got him in trouble in the first place, and is also one of the reasons why Eve listened to him, and women haven't really changed in that regard, seeing what's being promoted by female celebrities should provide ample proof in that regard, as do the hordes of narcissists which roam the internet, there are also many on this forum and it doesn't take much to see them.

Last edited: