• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Saw Or Heard The Meteorite Blow Up Last Nite Here?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Which type of meteorite landed in Michigan? NASA 90% sure it knows
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is 90% sure the space rock that landed in southeast Michigan on Tuesday evening, causing an earthquake and some anxious moments, was a stony meteorite.

“The asteroid hit the atmosphere, moving about 28,000 miles per hour, broke apart over southeast Michigan and scattered meteorites on the ground,’’ said Bill Cooke, lead of the NASA meteoroid environment office. “Out in space it’s called a meteoroid, when it’s in the air it’s a meteor and pieces on the ground are meteorites.’’

I heard it...sounded like distant thunder.
A friend saw it, but thought it was lightning at the time.
Caused a 2.0 earthquake they say.....dang!

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is 90% sure the space rock thate landed in southeast Michigan on Tuesday evening, causing an earthquake and some anxious moments, was a stony meteorite.

“The asteroid hit the atmosphere, moving about 28,000 miles per hour, broke apart over southeast Michigan and scattered meteorites on the ground,’’ said Bill Cooke, lead of the NASA meteoroid environment office. “Out in space it’s called a meteoroid, when it’s in the air it’s a meteor and pieces on the ground are meteorites.’’

I was in Warren at the time actually watching a ghost show on TV and didn’t see or hear a thing. But, I’ve been in earthquakes before and didn’t feel a thing. If one of these things kills me, I may still need the internet to find out.

I heard the epicenter was in New Haven. Has anyone found a piece from it? Any damage from a flying piece?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I was in Warren at the time actually watching a ghost show on TV and didn’t see or hear a thing. But, I’ve been in earthquakes before and didn’t feel a thing. If one of these things kills me, I may still need the internet to find out.

I heard the epicenter was in New Haven. Has anyone found a piece from it? Any damage from a flying piece?
It's not found yet.

Right after hearing it, I asked Mrs Revolt if she heard it.
She said it was a cat upstairs.
Problem: There's no upstairs over where I was.

Skwim

Veteran Member
It's a sign from god that he wants Michigan to close its borders.

49dbe7944180fa8c3635d5666ed40e4b--environment.jpg

Put a wall around itself so no one can get out and contaminate real 'merica.

After all,
"They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists.
And some, I assume, are good people.”

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

49dbe7944180fa8c3635d5666ed40e4b--environment.jpg

You're just jealous that you don't get noisy visitors from outer space!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is 90% sure the space rock that landed in southeast Michigan on Tuesday evening, causing an earthquake and some anxious moments, was a stony meteorite.

Quick grab a piece. I heard people can sell chunks of meteorite at $10,000 and up a piece.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

After all,
"They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists.
And some, I assume, are good people.”

You're just jealous that you don't get noisy visitors from outer space!

Or giant humanoids/beast that eat other humans!

*The picture is from a show called "Attack on Titan". :p

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

This is the first I heard of it! Thanks for posting.