• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who rules the world Jesus (a Christianity-god) or Krishna (a Hinduism-god)???!!!

popsthebuilder

Why would you assume i am making a joke out of your belief?
This joke actually is laughing at atheists....
I Just made the point that we take things differently... Atheists, just need more proof...
What more, I've never stated any religious or reference to what faith i refer to, so why would you assume i was talking about yours?

You can feel free to laugh on science BTW.. i couldn't care less.. because no matter how hard you can laugh about science.. the fact remains that its true..
So i fail to understand your need to be insulted or angry with some humor..
Would you be so kind and explain me what made you so insulted?
Why would I laugh about science? I was insulted because the non existent laugh was at the believers expense.

I find it strange how many attempt to separate GOD from nature and science. Believers and non believers alike. It is odd.

Segev Moran

I wasn't aware that death was a problem that needed solving. Religion hasn't been particularly good on that one either. Just sayin'....

And to say science cannot stop death, while technically true, ignores the fact that science has already lengthened the life of the average human by about 20-30%. That''s nothing to sneeze at.

By the reasoning you have shown, your religion isn't particularly reliable either.

"Miss Goose, meet Mr. Gander!"
Why would I laugh about science? I was insulted because the non existent laugh was at the believers expense.

I find it strange how many attempt to separate GOD from nature and science. Believers and non believers alike. It is odd.
No friend.. This joke is on the back of non believers..
It jokes the fact that non believers encounter miraculous things all the time yet take it as luck rather than GOD .

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You do speak of two separate things. As the resurrection is a new life, and hell is destruction.

No, biblical hell is Not destruction. The day Jesus died Jesus went to hell - Acts of the Apostles 2:27
If biblical hell was destruction then Jesus would have been destroyed the day he died.
The word ' Gehenna ' was translated into English as hellfire. Gehenna was just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were: destroyed.
Resurrection is a perfectly new physically happy-and-healthy life starting with Jesus' coming 1,000-year reign over Earth for those of Acts of the Apostles 24:15
They are resurrected out of biblical hell before hell comes to a final end in a symbolic ' second death ' for vacated hell - Revelation 20:13-14
So, the Bible's hell is Not destruction, but mankind's common grave for the sleeping dead - Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4; John 11:12-14
It's the executional words from Jesus' mouth which will destroy the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16. Proverbs 2:21-22; Psalms 92:7

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Still science didn't solve death. Maybe science cannot solve that all :)
They can't see what's beyond death, they can't stop death.
Its not reliable source.

..... and Scripture is Not meant to be a science book. Right, science cannot solve death because death is a spiritual matter - Romans 5:12
Scripture can see beyond death.
As in the case of Adam, at Adam's death he simply ' returned ' to the dust of the ground- Genesis 3:19
Adam went from non-life, to life, and ' returned ' back to non-life. No post-mortem penalty for Adam. No double jeopardy.
Adam ceased to exist at his death - Ecclesiastes 9:5.
Since we can Not resurrect oneself or another we need someone who can resurrect (restore us) back to life again. According to Revelation 1:18 Jesus can and will.
So, man can Not solve the problem of enemy death but Jesus can and will - 1 Corinthians 15:26. Isaiah 25:8

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
No, biblical hell is Not destruction. The day Jesus died Jesus went to hell - Acts of the Apostles 2:27
If biblical hell was destruction then Jesus would have been destroyed the day he died.
The word ' Gehenna ' was translated into English as hellfire. Gehenna was just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were: destroyed.
Resurrection is a perfectly new physically happy-and-healthy life starting with Jesus' coming 1,000-year reign over Earth for those of Acts of the Apostles 24:15
They are resurrected out of biblical hell before hell comes to a final end in a symbolic ' second death ' for vacated hell - Revelation 20:13-14
So, the Bible's hell is Not destruction, but mankind's common grave for the sleeping dead - Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4; John 11:12-14
It's the executional words from Jesus' mouth which will destroy the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16. Proverbs 2:21-22; Psalms 92:7

So, when Jesus died and went to hell, did He have a meeting with a bunch of sleeping dead people?

I wonder what how you can have a discussion with sleeping dead people for more than two days without getting bored to, well, sleep.

Ciao

- viole

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So, when Jesus died and went to hell, did He have a meeting with a bunch of sleeping dead people?
I wonder what how you can have a discussion with sleeping dead people for more than two days without getting bored to, well, sleep.
Ciao
- viole

One can't have a discussion with sleeping dead people. - John 11:12-14. The dead are Not aware of the passing of time as we are Not aware of the passing of time while asleep.
So, there was No meeting with the unconscious dead people - Ecclesiastes 9:5
Do you have the verses at 1 Peter 3:18; 2 Peter 2:4; Jude 1:6 in mind ?_______
If you do, please notice that Jesus was resurrected (made alive) in his pre-human 'spirit' body.
The dead do Not have spirit bodies. They are in a sleeping state - Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4
The KJV word ' hell ' at 2 Peter 2:4 is translated from the word ' tartarus ' which is Not biblical hell/grave.
Those ' spirits (Not people) in prison are the fallen angels of Noah's day - Jude 1:6
They are imprisioned with 'chains of darkness' (No spiritutal light for them) and that is the tartarus of Scripture.
So, the resurrected spirit Jesus appeared to those fallen spirit angels, thus showing them that he died a faithful death despite Satan's efforts to ruin Jesus.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Guatahammad Mosjesus Krishna will rule or someone with a similar name... Or maybe he'll go just by the name of Joe?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Actually I can back that up.

“When one dies in the mode of passion, he takes birth among those engaged in fruitive activities; and when one dies in the mode of ignorance, he takes birth in the animal kingdom.” Bhagavad Gītā 14.15

I believe that is exactly why I said Krishna can't be God because he said this but it isn't true. If he were God he would know.

What do we have besides the word of Krishna and the word of Jesus to me? Is there any text where an animal is pictured with a third eye. I am sure there is for humans.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I believe that is exactly why I said Krishna can't be God because he said this but it isn't true. If he were God he would know.

What do we have besides the word of Krishna and the word of Jesus to me? Is there any text where an animal is pictured with a third eye. I am sure there is for humans.
So it comes down to choosing between the certainty of some Christians and the actual results of Hindu practice?

Fine by me. It is a very easy choice.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Do you mean she needs to provide evidence that Krishna is considered a full incarnation of Vishnu, or that he actually is? If the former, no problem. If the latter, you are asking for evidence you are going to reject. Do you believe Vishnu is the supreme god? If not, what are you really asking evidence for?

I believe you are right because it is common to just accept an old text verbatim and not question it.

I believe you are jumping to a conclusion. I do not reject things for fun and profit. I reject things that do not appear to be true. If it can be proven true I will accept it.

I believe he is a personified attribute of God. Supremacy is an attribute of God but when I looked up Vishnu on Wikipedia it emphasized the attribute of omnipresence. (All-pervasiveness)

I believe I am asking for evidence of rebirth of human spirits in animals as evidence that Krishna knew what he was talking about as evidence that he is God incarnate.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So it comes down to choosing between the certainty of some Christians and the actual results of Hindu practice?

Fine by me. It is a very easy choice.

I believe if you can decide on such a limited basis then you have no regard for the truth. I suppose what you are saying is that you have closely examined all the claims of both and read the experiences of both and actually make sense of it all but I would be surprised about that.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I believe if you can decide on such a limited basis then you have no regard for the truth. I suppose what you are saying is that you have closely examined all the claims of both and read the experiences of both and actually make sense of it all but I would be surprised about that.
Oh, I have regard for the truth. Enough to not fear claims of some people having the truth to yield against me, certainly.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Enough. You're denigrating the beliefs of Hindus.
Jai, I am personally not offended by her. She's just expressing her belief. It's a free country, no? If someone believes I'm going to hell, and have a bunch of stupid beliefs, so? She's not pointing a gun at my head.

In the opposite direction, I know when I say that I personally don't believe that Jesus even existed, that some people get offended and some don't. It's just POV, nothing else. All have good reasons (personal reasons) for believing what they believe.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I Don't know why, but it seems that a theist, when facing the question of evidence.. always go to the scriptures...

Based on that notion.. if in 1000 years from now, someone will find the first ever written book of harry potter.. it would be the same claim for him to say:
I Have found the holy book! Hail harry the messiah!

And as long as no one can claim otherwise.. because no one will ever be able to disprove the existence of Harry, do you think it will be right to claim that Harry potter is a true thing?

I believe Harry Potter never calls himself God so even if people mistakenly take fiction for fact He would not be God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jai, I am personally not offended by her. She's just expressing her belief. It's a free country, no? If someone believes I'm going to hell, and have a bunch of stupid beliefs, so? She's not pointing a gun at my head.

Please excuse me but I believe I am a he not a she. (I believe the physical evidence)

I believe that might be a valid belief if you do not know Jesus as Lord and Savior and the Final Judgement were today. I don't worry about intelligence when it comes to this because I believe wisdom is more useful.

I believe some people think a threat of Hell is kin to that. I believe it is simply presenting the alternatives that will require a choice.