• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Or What Is Israel?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The Tetragrammaton YHWH is what stands for God's personal Name.
The rest are titles and Not God's personal biblical name.
For example Psalm 110 KJV mentions two (2) LORD/ Lords. ( No name mentioned )
One LORD, in all Upper-Case letters, because the Tetragrammaton stands there.
The other Lord, in some lower-case letters, stands for Lord Jesus and Not LORD God (YHWH)
The Hebrew at Psalm 110 has HASHEM to David's master ( aka Lord Jesus )
They are also used as His name even though in Jewish tradition YHWH is considered the most holy one. Either way, they're all still references to the one God-- period. I have a first, last, and middle name, but all three of them are still just me.

BTW, there are no upper-class or lower-class letters in Hebrew, and haShem means "the Name".

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
1 Corinthians 15:45
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Israel Climbs Elohim's/God's Ladder to Heaven. Israel is Brought Into Existence and Identified by the Journey to Heaven. Any Religion Not Climbing Elohim's/God's Heaven Ladder is the Lying Religion of the Devil/Satan.
Elohim's/God's Ladder:
Flesh->Soul->Spirit
Yes, Jesus was resurrected by his God back to his original pre-human heavenly 'spirit' body as per 1st Peter 1:21; 3:18
( quickened in the spirit meaning: resurrected in a spirit body ) flesh (physical) does Not go to Heaven - 1st Cor. 15:50

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
They are also used as His name even though in Jewish tradition YHWH is considered the most holy one. Either way, they're all still references to the one God-- period. I have a first, last, and middle name, but all three of them are still just me.
BTW, there are no upper-class or lower-class letters in Hebrew, and haShem means "the Name".
And the Tetragrammaton YHWH name is a proper noun.
Yes, even the Pharisees used Jewish tradition - Matthew 15:9; Mark 7:7
So, it should be No surprise that the Tetragrammaton is ignored.

metis

And the Tetragrammaton YHWH name is a proper noun.

Yes, but of uncertain translation.

Yes, even the Pharisees used Jewish tradition - Matthew 15:9; Mark 7:7

And Jesus was of the Pharisee tradition himself, thus what we often see are "family disputes". Whether he saw himself as being a Pharisee is uncertain, but he must have been aware of it when he spoke in the synagogue, for just one example.

So, it should be No surprise that the Tetragrammaton is ignored.

Not ignored-- not said. The tradition had it that His holy name would only be said by the High Priest on Yom Kippur and only in the Temple Sanctuary where the Holy of Holies was kept. But since there's no Temple, ...

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Israel is a ideology created to unite certain people.
Unfortunately it also divides those same people from others.
The Constitution of the Mosaic Law did unite certain people, the people of the ancient nation of ancient Israel.
Jesus fulfilled that Mosaic Law as per Romans 10:4; 7:6; Matthew 5:17; Ephesians 2:15; Colossians 2:14
Jesus' New Commandment unties all nations, all peoples - John 13:34-35
ALL to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
ALL to now love neighbor More than self.Love More than the old Golden Rule of Leviticus 19:18

metis

Jesus fulfilled that Mosaic Law as per Romans 10:4; 7:6; Matthew 5:17; Ephesians 2:15; Colossians 2:14
Actually, not true as Jews are bound by all 613 Commandments as covered in Torah, whereas Gentiles do not have to observe them but do need to accept and live out Jesus' Two Commandments.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The Constitution of the Mosaic Law did unite certain people, the people of the ancient nation of ancient Israel.
ALL to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
ALL to now love neighbor More than self.Love More than the old Golden Rule of Leviticus 19:18
Ephesians 2: 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.

Ah yes, the part where Jesus failed.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Actually, not true as Jews are bound by all 613 Commandments as covered in Torah, whereas Gentiles do not have to observe them but do need to accept and live out Jesus' Two Commandments.
While under the Mosaic Law Jesus stressed the Two Commandments of love God and love neighbor as self.
Jesus made a NEW Commandment as found at John 13:34-35; John 15:12 to NOW love neighbor MORE than self.
ALL are to have the same 'self-sacrificing love' for other as Jesus has for ALL, everyone.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Yes, I never understood exactly, what law did Jesus fulfill?
(probably not the right thread to answer this.)

metis

While under the Mosaic Law Jesus stressed the Two Commandments of love God and love neighbor as self.
Jesus made a NEW Commandment as found at John 13:34-35; John 15:12 to NOW love neighbor MORE than self.
ALL are to have the same 'self-sacrificing love' for other as Jesus has for ALL, everyone.

No, Gentiles are not under the Laws of Moses.

The closest to what you said above is a quote from Hillel the Elder, who lived just a few decades before Jesus, when he was asked what Torah was about by a student? His answer was "Do not do unto others that which you would not want done to yourself. All the rest is commentary. Now go and study".

metis

Yes, I never understood exactly, what law did Jesus fulfill?
(probably not the right thread to answer this.)

The reality is that one must operate under the Law, and the only way to "fulfill" it was to be perfectly observant. However, ...

What Jesus supposedly stated along that line, imo, is possibly a reference to living out of an unconditional love of God and neighbor while knowing we are not perfect, but God can and does forgive.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Ephesians 2:15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. Ah yes, the part where Jesus failed.
Yes, Jesus set aside his flesh......( the world had No hope til Jesus came - Ephesians 2:11-12 )
Jesus to purposely come to bring the blessing to all nations as found at Genesis 22:15-18
Thus Jesus sacrifice opened the way for even non-Jews - Ephesians 2:13; Colossians 3:11
So, where did Jesus fail because anyone can become a follower of Jesus whether Jew or non-Jew.
Just like the human body has many members - 1st Corinthians 12:12
There is neither Jew nor non-Jew - Galatians 3:28 - for all can be one in Christ.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes, I never understood exactly, what law did Jesus fulfill?........
Jesus fulfilled the temporary Mosaic Law constitution for the ancient people of ancient Israel.
Under that old Law one was to love neighbor AS self, the Golden Rule of Leviticus 19:18
Under the New Law one is Now to love neighbor MORE than one's self - John 13:34-35; John 15:12
In other words, all should now display the 'same self-sacrificing love' for others as Jesus displayed.

metis

Jesus fulfilled the temporary Mosaic Law constitution for the ancient people of ancient Israel.
That's illogical. How can one "fulfill" the entire Law for someone else? And why do you say it was "temporary"? Torah doesn't say that.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That's illogical. How can one "fulfill" the entire Law for someone else? And why do you say it was "temporary"? Torah doesn't say that.
Yes, God's spirit is universal and pictured as a peaceful dove even when Jesus was baptised Matthew 3:16
Yes, Not attached to any, or just that time period, because God used His spirit in creating - Job 33:4
Daniel 9:26 speaks of God's Anointed One ( Messiah ) in reference to a coming time - Psalm 2:2,7
The glorified One of Isaiah 55:4 is more than David.
God's Servant of Isaiah 53:11-12 is more than David.
The Law could Not stop sin, but it exposed sin. No one descended from father Adam could keep the Law.
In order for sin to stop, sin to end, only a non-sinner by Not sinning could accomplish that.
To me this is where sinless Messiah the Anointed One comes into the picture for all.
Sinless Adam chose sin. Sinless Jesus chose Not to sin.
Satan challenged Not only Job (Job 2:4-5) but all of us.
' Touch our flesh.....' ( loose physical health ) and No one would serve God.
Both Job and Jesus under adverse conditions proved Satan a liar and so can we.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Yes, God's spirit is universal and pictured as a peaceful dove even when Jesus was baptised Matthew 3:16
Yes, Not attached to any, or just that time period, because God used His spirit in creating - Job 33:4
Daniel 9:26 speaks of God's Anointed One ( Messiah ) in reference to a coming time - Psalm 2:2,7
The Law could Not stop sin, but it exposed sin. No one descended from father Adam could keep the Law.
In order for sin to stop, sin to end, only a non-sinner by Not sinning could accomplish that.
To me this is where sinless Messiah the Anointed One comes into the picture for all.
Your response didn't really address his point. You want to take another stab at it?

Elihoenai

Yes, Jesus was resurrected by his God back to his original pre-human heavenly 'spirit' body as per 1st Peter 1:21; 3:18
( quickened in the spirit meaning: resurrected in a spirit body ) flesh (physical) does Not go to Heaven - 1st Cor. 15:50
What is your Religion? Are you an Atheist? You have not stated your Identity in your profile.

Why do you modify other members writings to look like your writing without the white space?

Elihoenai

Matthew 2:15

15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

Israel is Born Out of Egypt. Israel is Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ. What are the gods of Egypt? Are you Worshipping the gods of Egypt while claiming you are Christian/Israel?

What people Believe is Christianity is Actually Heathen Paganism. Real Christians/Israel Escapes Egypt. The Original Teaching of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ is Christian Gnosticism.

metis

That doesn't answer the question, but that's OK.