• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Or What Is Israel?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not saying anything justifies genocide, but do you believe in evolution?
"Believe in" is a loaded phrase.
Instead, I'll state that evolution & the
Theory Of Evolution (TOE) Are factual.

More on that....
The TOE is a theory that is so useful,
& so without any rational alternatives
that it has risen to the level of fact.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

More on that....
Ok so you haven't seen the process particularly of evolution but if you think that we die because of evolution and not the penalty placed on Adam which you ascribe to a fairytale I think, then what? You think everybody should be "nice"?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ok so you haven't seen the process particularly of evolution but if you think that we die because of evolution and not the penalty placed on Adam which you ascribe to a fairytale I think, then what? You think everybody should be "nice"?
Your questioning isn't clear.
However, I'd prefer that everyone be healthy,
peaceful, productive, honest, civil, & happy.

YoursTrue

More on that....
Ok so you think, believe, say you know it's a fact...then tell me why horrible crimes occur? Have psychologists succeeded in reforming criminals much? How about scientists? You think brainwaves or neurons can change so everyone loves everyone else and won't drop bombs or hurt others?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ok so you think, believe, say you know it's a fact...then tell me why horrible crimes occur?
That's a big multi-faceted topic
that's beyond the scope of this
thread.
But suffice to say that it's not
Satan, demons, or other such ilk.
Have psychologists succeeded in reforming criminals much? How about scientists? You think brainwaves or neurons can change so everyone loves everyone else and won't drop bombs or hurt others?
Rather than answering a plethora
of questions that seem rhetorical,
I invite you to just state your point.

YoursTrue

Your questioning isn't clear.
However, I'd prefer that everyone be healthy,
peaceful, productive, honest, civil, & happy.
That ain't gonna happen under man's rulership. Even if you're loathe to admit or say it's not true. There is nothing, absolutely nothing that you can do to stop crime and hatred in the world. Only God can change people and remove hatred as it exists currently. I believe.

YoursTrue

That's a big multi-faceted topic
that's beyond the scope of this
thread.
But suffice to say that it's not
Satan, demons, or other such ilk.

Rather than answering a plethora
of questions that seem rhetorical,
I invite you to just state your point.
I've stated my point. There are those who believe in God and will not take up arms against another and are willing to die for love of God and neighbor.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That ain't gonna happen under man's rulership.
So far, no other rulership has arrived
to replace ordinary humans.
Even if you're loathe to admit or say it's not true.
What is it you want me to "admit" to?
There is nothing, absolutely nothing that you can do to stop crime and hatred in the world.
OK.
Only God can change people and remove hatred as it exists currently. I believe.
If this God exists, it's not doing what
you say it's capable of. So either....
- God can't.
- God won't.
- God doesn't care.
- God doesn't exist.

YoursTrue

OK.

- God can't.
- God won't.
- God doesn't care.
- God doesn't exist.
Humans are led by various forces. We are all human although some are worshipped as godlike ones. Meantime the next factor is called by some Armageddon, preceded by the Great Tribulation. We each currently don't have that long on earth anyway. Any changes can easily be overturned by others. Meantime, I believe the judgement by God is coming. I am sympathetic with you but have come to a different conclusion. Take care.

YoursTrue

OK.

- God can't.
- God won't.
- God doesn't care.
- God doesn't exist.
P.S. I'll say my belief in God changed my life. But...since I believe there is only one true God, it then becomes a changing force for some people. Meaning there are things some call miracles from God but I don't necessarily believe that. Later.

2ndpillar

Excuse me, but you didn't answer my question. ARE YOU SAYING that a person has to be perfect before God will protect them?
I am saying that according to the LORD, he does not listen to the prayers of sinners. He does listen to the prayers of the righteous, such as in the case of Elijah. Apart from that, you are on your own. You can make war on your own terms with depression and disease, for your "shepherds" (Rabbis) are not healing you (Ezekiel 34:4).

Proverbs 15:29

The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous.

Jeremiah 14:10-12

Thus says the Lord concerning this people: “They have loved to wander thus; they have not restrained their feet; therefore the Lord does not accept them; now he will remember their iniquity and punish their sins.” The Lord said to me: “Do not pray for the welfare of this people. Though they fast, I will not hear their cry, and though they offer burnt offering and grain offering, I will not accept them. But I will consume them by the sword, by famine, and by pestilence.”

Isaiah 1:15

When you spread out your hands, I will hide my eyes from you; even though you make many prayers, I will not listen; your hands are full of blood.

Proverbs 28:9

If one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination.

2ndpillar

Not at all. The Talmud is what makes it possible for us to keep the written commandments. For example, the Torah tells us to rest from work on the Shabbat, but doesn't tell us what it means by work. Can we write? Can we wash dishes? Cook? Give the kids baths? THAT sort of interpretation is absolutely necessary, and that is what the Talmud does.

And indeed, if you read Deuteronomy 17:8-13, you will find that God himself bestows the authority to interpret on the Levites and Judges/Rabbis. Read it for yourself.
Deut 17:8-13 does not mention "Rabbis", nor "scribes", which is mentioned in Jeremiah 8:8, and Dt 17 is with regard to courts with regard to bloodshed, lawsuits or assaults. If your profession is as a dishwasher, then don't wash dishes on the Sabbath. If your profession is as a writer, simply don't write on the Sabbath. A little common sense goes a long way. Put your shoes on as you wish, unless you adhere to the notion that you have to listen to your Talmud, which puts you in an untenable circumstance, in which you game out Rabbis to meet your viewpoints.

Deut 17:8
If cases come before your courts that are too difficult for you to judge—whether bloodshed, lawsuits or assaults—take them to the place the Lord your God will choose. 9 Go to the Levitical priests and to the judge who is in office at that time. Inquire of them and they will give you the verdict. 10 You must act according to the decisions they give you at the place the Lord will choose. Be careful to do everything they instruct you to do. 11 Act according to whatever they teach you and the decisions they give you. Do not turn aside from what they tell you, to the right or to the left. 12 Anyone who shows contempt for the judge or for the priest who stands ministering there to the Lord your God is to be put to death. You must purge the evil from Israel. 13 All the people will hear and be afraid, and will not be contemptuous again.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Humans are led by various forces. We are all human although some are worshipped as godlike ones.
Thinking of the "T" man?
Oddly, he's worshipped primarily by Christians.
Meantime the next factor is called by some Armageddon, preceded by the Great Tribulation. We each currently don't have that long on earth anyway. Any changes can easily be overturned by others. Meantime, I believe the judgement by God is coming. I am sympathetic with you but have come to a different conclusion. Take care.
Fare well, & prosper.

2ndpillar

The rulers, such as Caesar/Czar/Kaiser/emperor, are labeled as "beasts", or heads of beasts, are addressed in Revelation 13:4, as rulers whose authority comes from the "dragon"/"devil" (Rev 20:2). You not having that insight that these "beasts"/"kings", such as Caesar, and Alexander the Great, were deemed as gods, and not as "ordinary humans". The Roman Senate designated Julius Caesar as a "god", not as an "ordinary human being". But then again, you have the right to your opinions.

YoursTrue

Thinking of the "T" man?
Oddly, he's worshipped primarily by Christians.

Fare well, & prosper.
Thank you, very kind of you. If I thought everone who calls himself a Christian was a Christian as I see it, I guess I'd feel free to worship along with anyone and everyone. (But I don't.) Nice talking with you. I believe that the only one who can bring a person to God is God. :)

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Deut 17:8-13 does not mention "Rabbis", nor "scribes", which is mentioned in Jeremiah 8:8, and Dt 17 is with regard to courts with regard to bloodshed, lawsuits or assaults. If your profession is as a dishwasher, then don't wash dishes on the Sabbath. If your profession is as a writer, simply don't write on the Sabbath. A little common sense goes a long way. Put your shoes on as you wish, unless you adhere to the notion that you have to listen to your Talmud, which puts you in an untenable circumstance, in which you game out Rabbis to meet your viewpoints.

Deut 17:8 If cases come before your courts that are too difficult for you to judge—whether bloodshed, lawsuits or assaults—take them to the place the Lord your God will choose. 9 Go to the Levitical priests and to the judge who is in office at that time. Inquire of them and they will give you the verdict. 10 You must act according to the decisions they give you at the place the Lord will choose. Be careful to do everything they instruct you to do. 11 Act according to whatever they teach you and the decisions they give you. Do not turn aside from what they tell you, to the right or to the left. 12 Anyone who shows contempt for the judge or for the priest who stands ministering there to the Lord your God is to be put to death. You must purge the evil from Israel. 13 All the people will hear and be afraid, and will not be contemptuous again.
It mentions Levites and judges. The judges eventually became the pharisees, who became the rabbis. Thus what it says about judges, refers today to the rabbis.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I am saying that according to the LORD, he does not listen to the prayers of sinners. He does listen to the prayers of the righteous, such as in the case of Elijah. Apart from that, you are on your own. You can make war on your own terms with depression and disease, for your "shepherds" (Rabbis) are not healing you (Ezekiel 34:4).

Proverbs 15:29

The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous.

Jeremiah 14:10-12

Thus says the Lord concerning this people: “They have loved to wander thus; they have not restrained their feet; therefore the Lord does not accept them; now he will remember their iniquity and punish their sins.” The Lord said to me: “Do not pray for the welfare of this people. Though they fast, I will not hear their cry, and though they offer burnt offering and grain offering, I will not accept them. But I will consume them by the sword, by famine, and by pestilence.”

Isaiah 1:15

When you spread out your hands, I will hide my eyes from you; even though you make many prayers, I will not listen; your hands are full of blood.

Proverbs 28:9

If one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination.
OMGosh. It's a Yes/No question. you wax eloquent, but never answer the question.