• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Or What Is Israel?

2ndpillar

There is absolutely no prohibition in Jewish law against seeing a Gentile doctor. In fact, if my life is in danger, I am required to do what it takes to preserve my life, even if it violates the commandments.
There is no prohibition from seeking a Gentile doctor, except that if you kept the law, according to the Word of God, you wouldn't need a doctor. And there is no requirement for you to violate the commandments, other than possibly from the writings of the "scribes", which make a lie out of the law per Jeremiah 8:8).

2ndpillar

A word of advice. Stopping telling Jews how to be Jews. You don't know what the heck you are talking about.
I am not telling you how to live. I am just quoting Scripture on how to live a healthy life. If you choose women's lib over supposed Jewish restrictions on women, well, that is your chose. Putting your right shoe on first sounds like the lies provided by the Scribes (Jer 8:8), which would be your Talmud, not the Word of God.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
An orthodox Jew doesn't get carte blanche.
You appear not to know what an orthodox Jew is. They keep the 613 laws of the Torah, as interpreted by a VERY strict Oral Torah. Are they perfect? No. Are you claiming that God only protects those who are perfect?

IndigoChild5559

If you choose women's lib over supposed Jewish restrictions on women, well, that is your chose.
The essence of the Law is Love God and Love your neighbor. The restrictions on women are far from loving. They are simply deeply engrained oppression left over from a patriarchal past. That these rules clearly harmed me is all the evidence I need to say they do not reflect the Torah.

And pretty much, I personally reject the Orthodox opinion that halakha is carved in stone. This entire idea didn't even exist in Judaism until the Shulchan Aruch was written in 1563, a writing that was never universally accepted. I take the Conservative Jewish position that Halakha has always been flexible and adapts to every age.

All Feminism is, is the idea that women are equal to men and deserve equal rights. There is no conflict between that and Judaism. Indeed, it advances significantly the understanding of loving your neighbor as yourself.

IndigoChild5559

There is no prohibition from seeking a Gentile doctor, except that if you kept the law, according to the Word of God, you wouldn't need a doctor. And there is no requirement for you to violate the commandments, other than possibly from the writings of the "scribes", which make a lie out of the law per Jeremiah 8:8).
First off, nothing about seeing a Gentile doctor violates any Jewish law.

Secondly, as I stated earlier, if my life is in danger, I am actually REQUIRED to BREAK the commandments to preserve my life. This is known as Pikuach Nefesh. The Talmud is very clear on this. Even an Orthodox Jew will pull out his phone on Shabbat if he sees someone injured on the street.

You can read more about Pikuach Nefesh here: Pikuach Nefesh: The Jewish Value of Saving a Life | My Jewish Learning

2ndpillar

First off, nothing about seeing a Gentile doctor violates any Jewish law.

Secondly, as I stated earlier, if my life is in danger, I am actually REQUIRED to BREAK the commandments to preserve my life. This is known as Pikuach Nefesh. The Talmud is very clear on this. Even an Orthodox Jew will pull out his phone on Shabbat if he sees someone injured on the street.

You can read more about Pikuach Nefesh here: Pikuach Nefesh: The Jewish Value of Saving a Life | My Jewish Learning
Your Talmud, the writings of the scribes, which makes a lie out of the law, as stated in Jeremiah 8:8, is not something to build your house on. Whether you belong to a Conservative, Orthodox, Reform, Pharisee, Sadducee, Essene, or Zealot sect of Judaism makes little difference to me. If you lean on the Talmud, you have a problem, whether it is putting the right shoe before the left, or whatever, you will probably have to go to a Gentile doctor to try and fix your condition. As for your leaders (Rabbis), referenced in Ezekiel 34, as your shepherds, if they don't feed you, the bread of life, the "Word of God" or "heal" you, they will eventually be "destroyed" (Ezekiel 34:16). As for the "sheep", they will all be judged. You want to make sure that your rule of law isn't grounded on the Talmud, and the fat shepherds, but on the Word of God.

2ndpillar

The essence of the Law is Love God and Love your neighbor. The restrictions on women are far from loving. They are simply deeply engrained oppression left over from a patriarchal past. That these rules clearly harmed me is all the evidence I need to say they do not reflect the Torah.

And pretty much, I personally reject the Orthodox opinion that halakha is carved in stone. This entire idea didn't even exist in Judaism until the Shulchan Aruch was written in 1563, a writing that was never universally accepted. I take the Conservative Jewish position that Halakha has always been flexible and adapts to every age.

All Feminism is, is the idea that women are equal to men and deserve equal rights. There is no conflict between that and Judaism. Indeed, it advances significantly the understanding of loving your neighbor as yourself.
Now you are sounding like a Pauline Christian, who freely nail the Law to a cross, and fall back on the Golden Rule, which is a founding element of many religions, including Buddhism, and Confucius. Your feminism, equal rights, patriarchal viewpoint, are all in line with the California version of Progressive Marxism, which is about tearing down the past to build their humanistic future, which is a particular vision of hell on earth. I suggest that you go bare footed and forget about your new feminist lifestyle. You're like the wife who decided to divorce her husband, and then found out how well she had it going for her before she found herself in her feminist version of hell.

2ndpillar

You appear not to know what an orthodox Jew is. They keep the 613 laws of the Torah, as interpreted by a VERY strict Oral Torah. Are they perfect? No. Are you claiming that God only protects those who are perfect?
Their downfall is with respect to their "Oral Torah", which of course you have already rejected, and is best defined as the Talmud, of which there is not just one version, and is the writing of the scribes, which makes the law a lie per Jeremiah 8:8. If you want to become "perfect" according to Yeshua, per Mt 19, you will have to keep all the 10 Commandments, and then sell what you own and give it to the poor. As for the Jewish sects of the time, the Pharisees and the Sadducees, he said they should confess their sins, repent, and then produce good fruit in line with their repentance, or they can expect to be cut down and thrown into the fire. (Mt 3). Their teachings he referred to as leaven, which would be a reference to their hypocrisy. The hypocrisy of the Jews of today would be better understood by you than me, as I don't participate in any religion, and know very few Jews, as I am from middle America, where there are Jews, but not that many in number. I am more familiar with the leaven/hypocrisy of the Christians. The Jews I am familiar with are in the news, such as Bernie Madoff, and Charles Schumer of the US Senate. Both low level guys, who hopefully aren't representative. Much like Biden, and Pelosi are Catholics, of the lowest level of personage, except in the eyes of California type Progressive feminist who actually vote for those people. Well, they get what they vote for, crime, drugs, and high prices.

IndigoChild5559

Your Talmud, the writings of the scribes, which makes a lie out of the law,
Not at all. The Talmud is what makes it possible for us to keep the written commandments. For example, the Torah tells us to rest from work on the Shabbat, but doesn't tell us what it means by work. Can we write? Can we wash dishes? Cook? Give the kids baths? THAT sort of interpretation is absolutely necessary, and that is what the Talmud does.

And indeed, if you read Deuteronomy 17:8-13, you will find that God himself bestows the authority to interpret on the Levites and Judges/Rabbis. Read it for yourself.

I know that Protestants have a difficult time with this notion, but Judaism is not "sola scriptura." Our saccred texts are not just the Tanakh (Torah, Prophets and Writings) but also the Talmud and the writings of the sages.

Before you try to tell me that Jesus was against Oral Torah, let me remind you that in Matthew 23, he TWICE encourages keeping Oral Torah. In verses 1-2, he says that the Pharisees sit on Moses seat (meaning they have the authority of Moses) and he instructs his followers to do and observe EVERYTHING they teach, which of course would include Oral Law. The second time is in verse 23, where he directly instructs the Pharisees to first obey the basics of teh written Torah, but THEN ALSO keep the Oral Torah (the spice tax).

So I even have Jesus backing me up on this one :)

BTW, I'm going to ignore your continued personal attack, but I'm letting you know right now that if you keep attacking me personally, I WILL report you. Please confine your discussion to the issues, and not get personal. Thanks.

IndigoChild5559

Their downfall is with respect to their "Oral Torah", which of course you have already rejected, and is best defined as the Talmud, of which there is not just one version, and is the writing of the scribes, which makes the law a lie per Jeremiah 8:8. If you want to become "perfect" according to Yeshua, per Mt 19, you will have to keep all the 10 Commandments, and then sell what you own and give it to the poor. As for the Jewish sects of the time, the Pharisees and the Sadducees, he said they should confess their sins, repent, and then produce good fruit in line with their repentance, or they can expect to be cut down and thrown into the fire. (Mt 3). Their teachings he referred to as leaven, which would be a reference to their hypocrisy. The hypocrisy of the Jews of today would be better understood by you than me, as I don't participate in any religion, and know very few Jews, as I am from middle America, where there are Jews, but not that many in number. I am more familiar with the leaven/hypocrisy of the Christians. The Jews I am familiar with are in the news, such as Bernie Madoff, and Charles Schumer of the US Senate. Both low level guys, who hopefully aren't representative. Much like Biden, and Pelosi are Catholics, of the lowest level of personage, except in the eyes of California type Progressive feminist who actually vote for those people. Well, they get what they vote for, crime, drugs, and high prices.
Excuse me, but you didn't answer my question. ARE YOU SAYING that a person has to be perfect before God will protect them?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Those conditions are necessary because Palestinians smuggle weapons into israel and attack innocent Israelis, on average, 5 times each day. In Sept 2023, the average was 10 terrorist attacks per day.

The "oppression" is a direct consequence of violent groups and violent actions which predate the "oppression".
Israel began with oppression, death, & eviction.
It's never tried otherwise.
It reaps what it sows.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
If things were perfect Jesus would not have offered the prayer "Let your kingdom come...let your will be done on the earth as it is in heaven..."
Israel began with oppression, death, & eviction.
It's never tried otherwise.
It reaps what it sows.
Because of one man (Adam), we all die. The first son of Adam was Cain. And he killed his brother. Did his brother do him wrong? Not according to the scriptures.

Elihoenai

I agree with scripture. Irrelevant to what I said, but I agree with it.
1 Corinthians 7:1

7 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

1 Corinthians 7:29

29 But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none;

It's certainly relevant because Romans 8:7 is addressed to you. There are Billions of supposed Christians claiming to have the Holy Spirit when Really they have the Mind of the Flesh and are walking according to the Flesh. I Am Celibate. The Giants of the Christian Faith Jesus Christ/Yeshua Messiah, John the Baptist and Paul the Apostle are Celibate.

And yet scripture says there is. I guess you don’t agree with what is written.

1 Corinthians 3
And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? ...
The other consideration is that I have a different Interpretation to you. Is a Christian Anointed? I asked you this question before.

Yet, how beautiful are the feet of them that brings good news!
Luke 16:16

16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Everything in its proper time.

I can’t argue with scripture. I just believe.
I don't argue with Holy Scripture either. I'm in Total Agreement with All Holy Scriptures.

Because He is The Word...

He is Lord of Lords and King of Kings and has been exalted far above all that is created.

John 3:30
He must increase, but I must decrease.
Amen!

Last edited:

Elihoenai

So please explain the billions of people who are not healed, including many who suffer terribly.
Elohim's/God's Healing is Entirely Conditional on Keeping Elohim's/God's Commandments as Instructed in Exodus 15:26. The Billions that are Sick is Manifestation/Evidence of Rejection of Elohim's/God's Commandments.

The Beast is Born Sick/Sinners from the Womb and Must Return to Elohim/God for Healing. The Practitioners of Judaism have Rejected Adam's Inherited Sickness, so you won't be able to see this and get Healed.

Elihoenai

First of all, we need to keep in mind the Transfiguration was a VISION ( Matthew 17:9 ) and Not an actual happening.
ALL who died before Jesus died ( John the Baptist, Moses, David (Acts 2:34) and those names listed at Hebrews chapter 11 ) are all still dead - Hebrews 11:13,39; John 3:13
Dead asleep until Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' coming Millennium-Long Day governing over Earth.
This is why the 'future tense' is used at Acts 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.......
You have Wrote the Dead Letter of Roman Catholicism that does Not Really Save anybody.

Christian Gnostics See and Practice the Living Word Holy Scriptures.

Gnosticism

Gnosticism (from Ancient Greek: γνωστικός, romanized: gnōstikós, Koine Greek: [ɣnostiˈkos], 'having knowledge') is a collection of religious ideas and systems that coalesced in the late 1st century AD among Jewish and early Christian sects. These various groups emphasized personal spiritual knowledge (gnosis) above the proto-orthodox teachings, traditions, and authority of religious institutions.

Gnosticism, the Enduring Heresy

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
1 Corinthians 7:1

7 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

1 Corinthians 7:29

29 But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none;

It's certainly relevant because Romans 8:7 is addressed to you. There are Billions of supposed Christians claiming to have the Holy Spirit when Really they have the Mind of the Flesh and are walking according to the Flesh. I Am Celibate. The Giants of the Christian Faith Jesus Christ/Yeshua Messiah, John the Baptist and Paul the Apostle are Celibate.

Totally out of context. This thinking is the religious thinking that Jesus had problems with...

Mark 7:13
Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

1 Cor 7:1 was about (concerning things that ye wrote to me) - of which it was about fornication - vs 2 let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

1 Cor 7:29 - comes after 28 But and if thou marry, thou hast not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned.

You can’t mine quotes but you have to read the whole of the cntext
The other consideration is that I have a different Interpretation to you. Is a Christian Anointed? I asked you this question before.
yes, Christians are anointed the word means anointed ones
Luke 16:16

16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Everything in its proper time.

I agree with this scripture
I don't argue with Holy Scripture either. I'm in Total Agreement with All Holy Scriptures.

??? and?

and Amen!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If things were perfect Jesus would not have offered the prayer "Let your kingdom come...let your will be done on the earth as it is in heaven..."

Because of one man (Adam), we all die. The first son of Adam was Cain. And he killed his brother. Did his brother do him wrong? Not according to the scriptures.
Ancient tales of sky fairies might illuminate
motives & culture behind Israel's genocide
of Muslims, but it does not justify genocide.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
For the reason that no one can perfectly keep the law, that is why animal sacrifices were designated by God. And of course, you have the Day of Yom Kippur or the Day of Atonement.