• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who IS "The Only TRUE God"- as Jesus put it?

AK4

I think I see where you are coming from.
What I'm saying is this:

the Soil is the Soil of Heart.

the Seeds are the Seeds of knowledge of God planted in the soil of the heart of mankind, through the teachings in Revelations of God.

the Water, is the Water of loving kindness of God, which is always there.

Now, we need to make the soil of the heart good by our own free will. We have the free will to do that. and that's why God expects us. Once we do that, then the seeds will turn to fruits.

The fruits are attributes of God manifested in the heart of men.
Attributes of God, like truthfulness, kindness, patience, loving, forgiving, generosity, mercifulness, knowing, fairness, just and etc.

Up until you said the free will thing, i could go with the analogy, it wasnt too bad. But the freewill thing, well what i find with most people is that they really dont know what freewill means.

Heres how its defined

2. The power of making free choices that are unconstrained by external circumstances or by an agency such as fate or divine will.

Do you see the problem with believing in a God who says He will do this to and for and IN YOU and this definition of freewill? It directly contradicts the scriptures and this teaching of freewill is directly against God. You cant believe in freewill and believe in the God of Jesus. It just doesnt work, it doesnt mix, yet this is the teaching of the world, this is the teaching of almost all religions, this is the teaching of christainity.

BTW We dont have freewill/free choice/free moral agency. We do have the ability to make choices but none are free, free from external circumstances or by an agency such as fate or divine will. This is proven scripturally and scientifically.

Last edited:

mjgpgh

answer on Post #707

in reply to: KJV isn't bad in except for some and certain places

Those 'some or certain places' are not readily clear and need explaining.
Such as the examples posted.

King James Bible has been tampered with, many times over, exp.. many passages that refer to "on The Earth" actually mean "In the Earth", due to the fact that our Earth is hollow, with a civilization that resides there. Hollow Earth Hypothesis - Subterranean Civilizations - Agartha - Crystalinks

They also altered it to make one think that Christ was a man, Christ was not a man, Christ is a referrence to the Kristos, the pure white light energy that we all become when we become Pineal activated. Jesus was a man, but only a man, he tried to teach the world the truth of how we connect with the Most High. The Kristos

Heres a good link on Pinel Activation: Pineal Gland DNA Activation 2012 Awakening - Psychedelic Adventure

Also look into a book called "The Smokey God" by WILLIS GEORGE EMERSON which is presented as a true account of a Norwegian sailor named Olaf Jansen, and explains how Jansen's sloop sailed through an entrance to the Earth's interior at the North Pole. It is notable as an early story about an underground civilization.

Oh, just found a link for the ebook: The Smoky God by Willis George Emerson - Free eBook

smokydot

Your opinion here is heresy. Jesus did die. It's Biblical. he died and he was put in a grave. God became obedient to death, as Philippians tells us. Death is corruption.
Ac 2:31 -- ". . .he spoke of the resurrection of Christ (in Ps 18-11), that he was not abandoned to the grave, nor did his body see decay."

Ac 13:37 -- "But the one whom God raised from the dead did not see decay."

Your interpretation of the parable of the leaven, where the kingdom is like corruption, linking God and Jesus Christ to corruption, is pure heretical nonsense.
You bet it "sticks in my craw," just as it sticks in Paul's craw!

Leaven in the parable is a symbol of the hidden growth of the kingdom,
it is not a symbol of corruption.

The diplomas of your "scholars" aren't "worth the paper they are written on."

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Wow... Two Christians both calling one another heretics. Ya gotta love the unity within Christianity.

smokydot

Wow... Two Christians both calling one another heretics. Ya gotta love the unity within Christianity.
You would have loved the Reformation!

For that matter, you should love the NT, where the religious authorities of the day killed Jesus because he was a heretic.

Jehovah God is the only true God. Revelation 4:11:"You are worthy, Jehovah, even our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because you created all things, and because of your will they existed and were created.”

David69

Angel Of The North
No. There is one God who is the Father (1Cor.8:6).

God-the-Father>Yes!

Yes. Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.’” -Jhn.20:17

3 sides to God (father, son and holy ghost) does not mean there are 3 Gods imo
we are in his image etc and we have many sides to us eh!

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Do you see the problem with believing in a God who says He will do this to and for and IN YOU and this definition of freewill? It directly contradicts the scriptures and this teaching of freewill is directly against God.

how are you interpreting 'in you' ?

and how does it interfere with 'freewill'?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No. There is one God who is the Father (1Cor.8:6).
Yes. Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.’” -Jhn.20:17

...and if I may add that even decades after Jesus ascended to the heavens Jesus still believes he has a God over him as recorded at Rev 3v12.

Also, the heavenly Jesus, according to Rev 2v18, still considers himself as the Son of God.

David69

Angel Of The North
...and if I may add that even decades after Jesus ascended to the heavens Jesus still believes he has a God over him as recorded at Rev 3v12.

Also, the heavenly Jesus, according to Rev 2v18, still considers himself as the Son of God.

God is over him as he is the most high and will always be for ever and ever but Jesus is like a son! arnt we all the sons of God??? God sees the messiah as a son and his most proudest creation!!!

David

God The Father is that spirit which is Holy. He is the Father of the creator of the world, Jesus Christ. The Almight Jesus Christ. God the Father is the God that created God the Son, Jesus Christ. So what kind of power does he have? Yeah, ponder that. I have alot of scriptures to share once the responses come in. In the meantime just read this one.

John 8:32
thecomforter.info

Bereanz

Is it 3 Gods in 1?
God-the-Father, God-the-Son, and God-the-Ghost?

Did Jesus HAVE a God?
Thats an interesting question. He certainly had a Bible, which He quoted from often. While He was on earth as God in the flesh, He was constantly in prayer with the Father God, so the answer would have to be yes. He was fully man and fully God but He chose to lay aside his omnipotence while in the flesh, so His only way of maintaining contact with the ominipontent was through prayer. He had to become fully man to lay down His life for us, or else it would not have been an acceptable sacrifice and Satan knew this, which is why He tried to prevent it from happening. Christs sacrifice had to be a fully human sacrifice to pay for the sins of humanity. God dieing as God and raising Himself up would be easy, it had to be accomplished in human form. That said it was only possible for God to remain sinless in Human form, however it was also possible for Him to be tempted because scripture says He was tempted in every way a human being is tempted. Did Jesus refer to Himself as the Son of God though? He did refer to Himself as the Son of Man. The first born of rightousness through which rightousness was made possible again for all men through Him.

In my opinion the scripture is quite clear that all three are one, But Jesus claimed to be the One True God, He also claimed to be the Father, because He said when you have seen Me you have seen the Father. He also said "I and the Father are one", scripture also refers to Christ as "God with us"

As Jesus was God's example of a perfect human being designed to live as originally planned, this is another reason to assume that Jesus "had a God", as an example to us all of our need for God. However I think we have to be very careful how this is grasped, because to suggest that Jesus Christ was anything other than completely God would not be scripturally accurate. Thats Jesus Christ "had a God" is only agreeable to me on a philosphical level.

Good question. :)

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
God The Father is that spirit which is Holy. He is the Father of the creator of the world, Jesus Christ. The Almight Jesus Christ. God the Father is the God that created God the Son, Jesus Christ. So what kind of power does he have? Yeah, ponder that. I have alot of scriptures to share once the responses come in. In the meantime just read this one.
John 8:32
thecomforter.info

In Scripture Jesus is never called 'Almighty God'.

John 8v32: and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Bible truth will set one free from what is religiously false.

Jesus, according to John 17v17, believed Scripture is religious truth.
[2nd Tim 3vs16,17]
Jesus already said at John 4vs23,24 that true worshipers will worship his Father in truth and must worship God in [religious] truth or facts.

What kind of power does Jesus have?
Powerful 'words' according to Isaiah 11v4; Rev 19vs11,15
Didn't God also give Jesus the power over the resurrection? Rev 1v18.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In my opinion the scripture is quite clear that all three are one, But Jesus claimed to be the One True God, He also claimed to be the Father, because He said when you have seen Me you have seen the Father. He also said "I and the Father are one", scripture also refers to Christ as "God with us"

Please post the verse where Jesus claimed to be the One True God?_________
If that was so, then why did Jesus say to the Jews at John [10v36] when he said he was the Son of God?

How can we see God when 1st John 4v12 says: No man has seen God at any time? Men have seen Jesus and lived. What does Exodus 33v20 say?______

John 1v18 also says: No man has seen God at any time.
John 6v45 says: No man has seen the Father, save he which is of God, he [Jesus] has seen the Father.
But we can see God, so to speak, through Jesus by believing in Jesus.

When you are 'with' someone else are you with yourself?
So being 'with' another does not mean being the same person.

John 14v28 B Jesus teaches his Father is greater then I [Jesus].
John 10v29 Jesus teaches his Father is greater than all.
So how can both Jesus and his Father be 'one'?
In Jesus prayer at John 17vs 11,21-23 Jesus prayed his followers be one just as he and his Father are one. They were one in purpose, unity, belief, agreement, goals, work, objective, harmony, etc. But not the same person.

Jesus came to do not his own will, but the will of his Father.
Matthew 26v39; Luke 22v42; John 4v34; 5v30; 6v38

"Please post the verse where Jesus claimed to be the One True God?_________"

Jesus is part of the Godhead. making up(person of) the one true God.
If Jesus claimed to be the one true God alone, and by himself, it would not be true.
He is the son of God according to the flesh. he makes the claim of the one true God after he is rid of the flesh, while in the spirit in the book of revelation
God:
Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
Jesus:
Rev 22:13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
God:
Jer 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
Jesus:
Rev 2:23 and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

"How can we see God when 1st John 4v12 says: No man has seen God at any time? Men have seen Jesus and lived. What does Exodus 33v20 say?______"
Exo 33:20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

was jesus a spirit or in the form of a man? god is a spirit. was(jesus) he glorified with the glory he had with father before the world was? did they who saw jesus also see with him the father and the holy spirit? that would be God. then they could not live.

"When you are 'with' someone else are you with yourself?
So being 'with' another does not mean being the same person."

why do you think God is one person?
God= divine almighty strength.
man= 1 person.
where does God say he exists in one person? I know he speaks as one, acts as one, and that there is one. but what makes up the Godhead? single person? where does it say this?
due 6:4 says Jehovah our eloh"IM" is one Jehovah
"Im" is like the "s" in english making thingS plural. due 6:4 is a plural unity.

jesus is with the father because he is not the father. if he were to say he is the father that would be wrong.

"John 14v28 B Jesus teaches his Father is greater then I [Jesus].
John 10v29 Jesus teaches his Father is greater than all.
So how can both Jesus and his Father be 'one'?"

Jesus said these claims in the form of a man, under the Law
Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who,being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
He was humble- depressed, brought low, humiliated in the form of a man.
Christ being equal with God as he was made like a man he made himself of no reputation, and humbled himself.

"Jesus came to do not his own will, but the will of his Father.
Matthew 26v39; Luke 22v42; John 4v34; 5v30; 6v38"

If he were after his own will, he would not be submissive to God's will. but luckily his will lined up with God's will in submission and obedience

Luk 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

John calls Jesus in revelation 1:8 the
pantokratōr- the all ruling, that is, God (as absolute and universal sovereign): - Almighty

wich is the same word "Almighty" in revelation 4:8

Rev 4:8
And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Jesus is reffered to in revelation 1:8 as the phrase "ho ōn ho ēn ho erchomenos" wich means wich was, is, and is to come.

the same words are used in revelation 1:8, 4:8, 11:17.

"there is none good but God"

was Jesus bad? was he not sinless?

ninerbuff

godless wonder
We hear of no contradictions in the bible, yet denominations have different interpretations based on these scriptures. So how can there be no contradictions?