• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the Mahdi in Islam?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Elmahdi is not a prophet to accept or reject.
He's a very normal Moslem like anybody.
He's just a good leader at a specific time..
There appears to be differing accounts about the nature of Al Mahdi, perhaps some attributing supernatural powers, and turbulent circumstances in the world heralding His appearance.

mojtaba

Here's one story:
Twelfth Imam / Hidden Imam

The story I heard was that the 5 year old Imam was placed in a dry well when the shrine was attacked. When the intruders got to the well it was empty. The significance of the return of Al Mahdi (The Twelfth Imam) was that the world had to be in flames so Al Mahdi can save it. This is the thinking even today of many of the fanatics in Iran; they see war, especially nuclear war, as a requirement for Al Mahdi's hastened return.
Dear BSM1,

I'am an Iranian. It isn't true that we see war, especially nuclear war, as a requirement for Al Mahdi's hastened return!
We believe that good deeds and thoughts can hasten the return of Imam Mahdi (peace be upon him).

I think that there is a misunderstanding. Indeed, we believe that Imam Al-Mahdi comes, when the earth is filled with the tyranny and evil. The nuclear weapon is a kind of evil and tyranny in our view.

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thanks for your posts. I really appreciate the presence of my Muslim brothers on RF, especially to discuss key topics such as the Mahdi.

Do you think a Mahdi is simply a Muslim who does good works? I know you don’t believe that. I understand that He will be one who along with Christ will redeem Islam. Do you think Islam is fine as it currently exists in the world or is in need of reform?

The real Islam doesn't exist in this world, and the Mahdi will bring it back. Christianity and Judaism were partial truths, but Quran doesn't consider that Islam. So I don't truly consider Islam Islam although it exists in various ways and divisions and implementations.

We can get guided by the Mahdi individually he can meet us, show miracles, and make us join God's plan.

It needs reform, but, it's probably not going to happen - we better off working with patch work unity and waiting for the Mahdi then try to find every single true law ourselves.

We aren't going to unite the Muslims ourselves nor will humanity agree with Islam, till the Mahdi comes, and provides clear insights to the Quran.

He been trying to win all these years and he never gives up, but, in all probability, it looks like the warnings are passing about and people are being oppressive towards us, and most likely the world will choose oppressors over the Mahdi and Jesus, that's reality, and when they do, they will be destroyed.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Dear BSM1,

I'am an Iranian. It isn't true that we see war, especially nuclear war, as a requirement for Al Mahdi's hastened return!
We believe that good deeds and thoughts can hasten the return of Imam Mahdi (peace be upon him).

I think that there is a misunderstanding. Indeed, we believe that Imam Al-Mahdi comes, when the earth is filled with the tyranny and evil. The nuclear weapon is a kind of evil and tyranny in our view.

We see the good news of the Mahdi, which is important, but our scholars have become oblivious to the warnings of him as well.

Prophecies are never set in stone, God annuls from the book what he pleases and establishes, but it looks like in all probability, the world civilizations will be destroyed and believers will be a minority - just like occurred to many generations in the past.

The Mahdi the hopeful leader he is, is trying to prevent the warning, but he can't do everything.

They are moving against us, and humans are heedless of this warning as their term is coming and their respite is coming nearer to an end.

I wish the Mahdi will be the mercy and favor of God to most humans as he is meant to be, heck, even perhaps all humans, but it looks like the warned disasters are coming about.

Be sure, were it not for Khomeini rising, and Khamanei protecting and holding, the inhabitants of the earth would have long been destroyed for the oppression would have reached a height and it would be upon God to deliver the believers from their oppressors.

We want to hasten the victory that will be on good terms and we wish delay the catastrophe that will be on bad terms. Generally hastening it will mean it's on good terms, and delaying it will be on bad terms, but when oppressors will do what they do, and looks like it's going that way, we want to delay it, because if we hasten then, the world will be almost all destroyed.

There is a term though, and you oppress believers, and it's upon God to deliver believers from their oppressors and Quran shows exactly how he does that.

God praises waiting for the Mahdi but also condemns the type of waiting disbelievers are doing regarding it, which is not being fearful of the event nor hopeful of it, but just saying "let them bring about it if they are truthful" type waiting.

The Mahdi is the last and hugest trial, and when God sends him out, this will be the biggest message and most important thing they hear, although, the Quran is the last revelation and Nubuwa has been sealed.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Dear BSM1,

I was careful to use the word 'fanatics' in my post.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The real Islam doesn't exist in this world, and the Mahdi will bring it back. Christianity and Judaism were partial truths, but Quran doesn't consider that Islam. So I don't truly consider Islam Islam although it exists in various ways and divisions and implementations.

We can get guided by the Mahdi individually he can meet us, show miracles, and make us join God's plan.

It needs reform, but, it's probably not going to happen - we better off working with patch work unity and waiting for the Mahdi then try to find every single true law ourselves.

We aren't going to unite the Muslims ourselves nor will humanity agree with Islam, till the Mahdi comes, and provides clear insights to the Quran.

He been trying to win all these years and he never gives up, but, in all probability, it looks like the warnings are passing about and people are being oppressive towards us, and most likely the world will choose oppressors over the Mahdi and Jesus, that's reality, and when they do, they will be destroyed.

I see it unfolds much in the way you've said. The greatest miracle being the change of heart using new eyes and new ears.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Mahdi is the last and hugest trial, and when God sends him out, this will be the biggest message and most important thing they hear, although, the Quran is the last revelation and Nubuwa has been sealed.

I see that is a quandary.

If the Mahdhi speaks and gives a Message, then those Words are spoken on behalf of Allah. It is, in all sense of the Word, a 'Revelation'.

Regards Tony

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see that is a quandary.

If the Mahdhi speaks and gives a Message, then those Words are spoken on behalf of Allah. It is, in all sense of the Word, a 'Revelation'.

Regards Tony

Nope, all Imams would have been Prophets then, revealing a revelation. Anbiya means those who receive a revelation from God, the revelation doesn't just mean God talks to them, as God talked to all Imams, but it means, a revelation to be held on to by people, it refers to the divine book and it's revelation from God.

Imams are Messengers true, the Mahdi is yet to be one, they aren't Anbiya though because they don't receive a divine book to be held on to.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Dear BSM1,

I pray Iran becomes a light of good deeds and thought.

I long to visit the Holy places of my Faith.

May Allah bless that wish and Peace be with you one and all.

Regards Tony

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Iran can't become a place of good human rights because they are under so much pressure and there so many agents trying to cause instability.

I believe Baha'ias should be acknowledged and their faith allowed to be practiced. Heck, I think even if a left handed Satan worshipper wants to preach his religion, he should be allowed.

But the pressure we are facing, giving such rights, will cause a big division within the believers though it shouldn't. The fact, is, we will come to the proper humans rights Islam teaches on our own terms.

Right now, we just holding to dear life, all the pressure, sanctions, may God curse the west in general (some people are an exception to this) and all the supporters of oppressors and those who are silent towards what happened to Yemen and what their leaders support from the oppression of Palestinians to other things.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nope, all Imams would have been Prophets then, revealing a revelation. Anbiya means those who receive a revelation from God, the revelation doesn't just mean God talks to them, as God talked to all Imams, but it means, a revelation to be held on to by people, it refers to the divine book and it's revelation from God.

Imams are Messengers true, the Mahdi is yet to be one, they aren't Anbiya though because they don't receive a divine book to be held on to.

I see you must choose to see Allah, Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and the Mahdi how you choose to.

I pray for peace as you await your vision to unfold.

What happens if Allah has chosen to reveal the Mahdi different from popular thoughts?

Regards Tony

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see you must choose to see Allah, Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and the Mahdi how you choose to.

I pray for peace as you await your vision to unfold.

What happens if Allah has chosen to reveal the Mahdi different from popular thoughts?

Regards Tony

I seem him in Quran, he is the biggest warning as well as the biggest hope and the biggest good news.

At the end, one way or another, the righteous will inherit the earth. I wish it's by victory by the hands of believers, and not like what Noah's people faced.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe Baha'ias should be acknowledged and their faith allowed to be practiced. Heck, I think even if a left handed Satan worshipper wants to preach his religion, he should be allowed.

It is that kind of thought that brings the change. Change is all about finding justice in our hearts and wanting justice for all people.

Regards Tony

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is that kind of thought that brings the change. Change is all about finding justice in our hearts and wanting justice for all people.

Regards Tony

Not that simple, I have priorities. I don't think Iran should be pressured concerning human rights, when look at the West did to Yemen and pushed Saudi Arabia and supplied it with weapons. May God curse the government of Canada for example, may he curse Trudeau for he supplied them with weapons. May God curse all those who support the oppressors and oppose the guidance of God.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And in the name of human rights, do they support Saudi Arabia? No, they just want everyone to suck their you know what.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I seem him in Quran, he is the biggest warning as well as the biggest hope and the biggest good news.

At the end, one way or another, the righteous will inherit the earth. I wish it's by victory by the hands of believers, and not like what Noah's people faced.

I see Allah's plan cannot be ignored, there are consequences for rejecting the wisdom contained in the Quran and all the Holy Books.

The question we can ask is "where are all the past civilisations that thought they would dominate human thought"?

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not that simple, I have priorities. I don't think Iran should be pressured concerning human rights, when look at the West did to Yemen and pushed Saudi Arabia and supplied it with weapons. May God curse the government of Canada for example, may he curse Trudeau for he supplied them with weapons. May God curse all those who support the oppressors and oppose the guidance of God.

If those that see themselves as the upholders of truth do not embrace human rights, who will?

Regards Tony

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see Allah's plan cannot be ignored, there are consequences for rejecting the wisdom contained in the Quran and all the Holy Books.

The question we can ask is "where are all the past civilisations that thought they would dominate human thought"?

Regards Tony

Every nation when they were arrogant in the land, and thought they controlled it, and were at peace with the way the clouds rain, etc, but were oppressors and didn't pay heed to their Messenger warnings, perished and got destroyed.

I'm sorry if you don't see it, but Khamanei is holding the fort against Gog and Magog, and is where God and Angels and Prophets and leaders and kings of the past, and the leader of our time, is putting their hopes in, though for all I know, he doesn't understand how big role he is playing for the future of humanity.

Yes, it's wrong to not allow Baha'ais to be acknowledged as a official religion, but - it's not the time for division nor is this a priority.

Our lifeline is as stake.