• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the Baha’i Jesus and how does He differ from the Christian Jesus?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
It is known as 'Progressive Revelation'. As our capacities evolve, so does God give us a Message to Guide us.

Adam was the first to show us how our choices define us. We either choose God's Will or our own and we were taught choosing our own will over God's lead ius to our destruction.

That Message continued to Jesus the Christ and it was time to show us that we are each responsible for those choices by accepting God's Messenger by being born again in the Spirit.

It is an immense topic. We have so much to learn.

Regards Tony
How did Adam show us? By showing us what not to do?

And then you jump all the way to Jesus. He showed us, "that we are each responsible for those choices by accepting God's Messenger by being born again in the Spirit"? What did all the other messengers between Adam and Jesus show us?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
No one wants to change your views.
They don't? Then why not say "Those are interesting views you've got there. And let it go? But when Baha'is are told to go out and "teach" what is meant by that? If people are good believing the way they already do, why tell them of a new message that has specific things needed to bring peace and harmony to the world? Please do tell us and show us why our old beliefs are no longer relevant to this new age. But, you are doing that. Please be honest. You would like nothing more than to see the world accept the truth found in the Baha'i Faith.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Nearly six hundred years later, we have the emergence of Islam as the Quran is Revealed through Muhammad. Muhammad was the bearer of a Divine Message equivalent to the Torah through Moses and the Gospel through Christ brings a new vision. According mainstream Islam, Jesus was born to the Virgin Mary but is not the son of god. He is a Prophet who brought the Gospel which was subsequently lost or corrupted. He was not part of a triune god for God is strictly One. He is not God incarnate for God can have no partners. He was not crucified for God would not allow crucifixion of one so exalted as Jesus. So the Muslim Jesus is very different from the Christian Jesus. The two versions are not reconciled. Mainstream Islam discounts the testimony of the Gospels as being superseded by the Quran which is considered by Muslims as the Word of God.
What is the Baha'i interpretation of the Quran story about the clay birds that Jesus makes and then brings them to life? I was wondering, because then we'd have the gospel stories of Jesus bringing a couple of people back to life, and then he, himself, coming back to life... and Christians took that literally.

Then in the Quran, accepted as more authoritative than the Bible by Baha'is, I believe, has birds come to life from clay. Was that taken a literal by Moslems? If so, then I'm sure the Baha'i interpretation is going to have to have the people, Jesus and the clay birds coming back to life as all being symbolic. But any Baha'i writings on these things?

firedragon

Veteran Member
My understaning is, if any of Messengers of God said I am the son of God, It was true, in a spiritual sense. But each of Them came with special title. The main reason Jesus presented Himself as Son of God, was because He did not have a biological father, thus He said His father is God. There is also a wisdom why Jesus was born as a fatherless human. Bahaullah in the Book of Iqan wrote, it was a test from God: Prior to His mission, Jesus was known among people as someone who was born illegitimate, because, from outward seemingly, His mother became pregnant when she was not married yet.
Thus, once Jesus claimed to be the Messiah, it was a difficult test for people to even consider Him, who was fatherless as the Messiah. That is because God expected everyone to investigate truth, rather than quickly judge and reject Him.

Thats not true brother. Thats an assumption. There were many people who were called son of God. I already gave an example of Ephraim who is called Prototokos or the first born of God. Its not true that Jesus called himself son of God because he didn't have a biological father, and if that is the case Adam is also called Son of God.

David is also Son of God. Ben Elohim is a title of Gods representative on earth.

Many people make a lot of assumptions because there is no other choice but to. So all of these you say are theories to justify an already existing dogma. But bottomline is, there were many so called "Ben Elohim" in the Bible.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How did Adam show us? By showing us what not to do?

And then you jump all the way to Jesus. He showed us, "that we are each responsible for those choices by accepting God's Messenger by being born again in the Spirit"? What did all the other messengers between Adam and Jesus show us?

Have a read and meditate in what they offer CG.

Only in that way is it our own journey.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They don't? Then why not say "Those are interesting views you've got there. And let it go? But when Baha'is are told to go out and "teach" what is meant by that? If people are good believing the way they already do, why tell them of a new message that has specific things needed to bring peace and harmony to the world? Please do tell us and show us why our old beliefs are no longer relevant to this new age. But, you are doing that. Please be honest. You would like nothing more than to see the world accept the truth found in the Baha'i Faith.

The law to teach does not mean it is our intent to convert. Our role is to offer the elixer in the most pure way we can. Baha'u'llah said plant the seeds and let God change the hearts as God so chooses to.

It has naught to do with me and most likely more people face a bigger challenge because of what I say.

It is up to you to decide if the unity of humanity will come about by what Baha'u'llah offered, or if it will not. That all Faiths comes from the One God has never been taught to a world wide audience. That is undeniably unique for this age.

Regards Tony

MJFlores

Why bother, be happy as you are.

No one wants to change your views.

All the best and much happiness.

Regards Tony

It really saved me a lot of useless effort.

200w.gif

InvestigateTruth

Thats not true brother. Thats an assumption. There were many people who were called son of God. I already gave an example of Ephraim who is called Prototokos or the first born of God. Its not true that Jesus called himself son of God because he didn't have a biological father, and if that is the case Adam is also called Son of God.

Many people make a lot of assumptions because there is no other choice but to. So all of these you say are theories to justify an already existing dogma. But bottomline is, there were many so called "Ben Elohim" in the Bible.

Yes, however only Jesus said "My Father" or "the Father" constantly. did Ephraim say "My Father"?

David is also Son of God. Ben Elohim is a title of Gods representative on earth
I believe so too.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yes, however only Jesus said "My Father" or "the Father" constantly. did Ephraim say "My Father"?

I believe so too.

By the way brother I would just like to point out to you that in the Tanakh there are many verses where God is referred to as father. Not Ab, but Abi. I think any Hebrew speaking person can clarify this easily. Abi means my father. And is referred to by many and God himself says to call him "my father". Cant remember the exact verse but its in Jeremiah.

Peace.

Muffled

Jesus in me
You said many eastern Christians call their whole Holy Book Injil. I presume you are referring to the New Testament. Thus, tell me what is the New Testament? Is it as you have now or is it as it was in the 4th century? For example, how about epistle of Barnabas? Is that part of the so called "Injil"?

I believe it never has been nor Thomas either.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I believe it never has been nor Thomas either.

Brother. It was. Maybe you are not aware. Just do a small research.

Thomas is out of the equation, but the epistle of Barnabas was, among a few other books. If you want I can name them and tell you where to find them in the Bible canon.

Peace.

InvestigateTruth

Jesus also said "Your father" many many times. What does that make it?
I think Jesus mission was to present God as a Heavenly Father, creating a new loving relationship between His followers and God. But the idea in Bible is understood as, God, is Jesus Father, but He is extending this to everyone else. But it is initiated because Jesus didnt have a physical father, so, He said God is His Father, then extended this to everyone else who is a chosen one of God, such as His apostles.

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

By the way brother I would just like to point out to you that in the Tanakh there are many verses where God is referred to as father. Not Ab, but Abi. I think any Hebrew speaking person can clarify this easily. Abi means my father. And is referred to by many and God himself says to call him "my father". Cant remember the exact verse but its in Jeremiah.

Peace.
I don't know any verse in Tanakh, where a Prophet spoke of God as My Father. The verse our friend quoted, is just a command from God. This idea was really promoted by Jesus. It is only Christian community who actually Uses the term Father. The Jews don't call God, the Father, or my Father normally, and the way Jesus did.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I think Jesus mission was to present God as a Heavenly Father, creating a new loving relationship between His followers and God. But the idea in Bible is understood as, God, is Jesus Father, but He is extending this to everyone else. But it is initiated because Jesus didnt have a physical father, so, He said God is His Father, then extended this to everyone else who is a chosen one of God, such as His apostles.

Adam also didn't have a biological father, and the Bible calls God Adams father in the lineage.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I don't know any verse in Tanakh, where a Prophet spoke of God as My Father. The verse our friend quoted, is just a command from God. This idea was really promoted by Jesus. It is only Christian community who actually Uses the term Father. The Jews don't call God, the Father, or my Father normally, and the way Jesus did.

Then brother, with all due respect, you don't know the Tanakh.

Peace.

firedragon

Veteran Member

So are you claiming that God commanded himself to be called "My Father" but the prophets defied Gods commandment by not calling him "My Father"? So the prophets defied Gods commandment?