• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who created universe ?

alsome

Why couldn't the space out there just evolve? Slowly over trillions of light years ?
If someone needs a god, ok, they can have one to prayer to, and hear maybe ? I really think that there are way too many beliefs in so many protectors. That is what gods are there isn't it ? As to god being the absolute creator, outside of the "universe" ??

ecco

Veteran Member
So, I answer, #'s 67,70

you duck and dog

and then you turn around and point the finger at me. That would be you :D

Care to go around the merry-go-round again? :D

Or are you the type than can't read and interpret and need it spelled out reeeeeeeal sloooooow. :D
Your post #70 is just a ramble that addresses nothing of substance.

Post #67
He really DID see the end from the beginning!

Post #68
If you believe that He knew the end from the beginning, then you have to admit that He knew Adam and Eve would disobey Him.

If you believe that He knew the end from the beginning, then you have to admit that He knew he was going to wipe out almost all of humanity because He didn't like the way they turned out (even though He knew, from the beginning how they would turn out).

In my post #68 I just wanted to see if you would actually admit to the specific conclusions that must be drawn from your post #67.

Now you state that you addressed my comment before I made it. OK. So you are admitting that:
  • He knew Adam and Eve would disobey Him
  • He knew he was going to wipe out almost all of humanity because He didn't like the way they turned out (even though He knew, from the beginning how they would turn out).

Why would you revere a God who builds, only to tear down that which He built?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.......Why would you revere a God who builds, only to tear down that which He built?
I would like to take the liberty to say it is humans who tear down.
It is God who will bring to ruin those ruining the Earth according to Revelation11:18 B.
God's purpose was to take care of Earth as per Genesis 1:28
Man chose to use his free-will choice to disobey God and today is the result of human disobedience.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Your post #70 is just a ramble that addresses nothing of substance.

Post #67

Post #68

In my post #68 I just wanted to see if you would actually admit to the specific conclusions that must be drawn from your post #67.

Now you state that you addressed my comment before I made it. OK. So you are admitting that:
  • He knew he was going to wipe out almost all of humanity because He didn't like the way they turned out (even though He knew, from the beginning how they would turn out).

So now that we have established that I did answer it (even if you didn't read #70 and get the substance)

Things that we have established:

1) I was right when I said I answered it when you said I didn't
2) You said "101 I ask. 104 You duck and dodge. 105 You pretend you didn't duck and dodge. - a false statement

So, why would I pursue a discussion when it is obvious that the interaction is very biased and untruthful?

Milton Platt

It is God who will bring to ruin those ruining the Earth according to Revelation11:18 B.
Man chose to use his free-will choice to disobey God and today is the result of human disobedience.

So god created humans capable and willing to tear down, and has no control over what they do. Interesting.

Milton Platt

God did Not create humanity to be robots, to be automations but with free-choices.
That does not relieve him from the responsibility of having created the very thing which tears down things. He either did it on purpose or accidentally. If on purpose, then he bears responsibility for the outcome.
Frankly, your premise is over simplified, anyway. Not everything torn down or destroyed is done so by a human.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So god created humans capable and willing to tear down, and has no control over what they do. Interesting.
The control, the regulation, is in the hands of Christ Jesus.
First, Jesus is the head of the Christian congregation.
Second, what Jesus taught is being carried out on a grand- international scale just as Jesus said it would be done at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8
Third, Jesus with angelic armies will wipe out the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16

Milton Platt

The control, the regulation, is in the hands of Christ Jesus.
First, Jesus is the head of the Christian congregation.
Second, what Jesus taught is being carried out on a grand- international scale just as Jesus said it would be done at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8
Third, Jesus with angelic armies will wipe out the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16

A complete dodge. So you are saying that Jesus is responsible for allowing all the “tearing down”. Okay, then he bears the blame. You do realize this is what you have just admitted to, right? Okay, so there is no blame to be laid at the feet of the creature who was created with such faults by a deity that could have done otherwise. And no fault laid at the feet of the deity. All fault lies with the being the deity gave the responsibility to. Very interesting viewpoint. Seems Jesus fell short.

ecco

Veteran Member

It helps if you put a quote into context when replying to it.

Your God knew, for most of eternity, that He was going to create a Universe and humans to His exact specifications. He knew, for most of eternity, that He would get upset at how His creations, created to His exact specifications, turned out and would destroy all of them. To blame humans is nonsensical.

Humans had/have free-will choice to disobey God. However, your omniscient God knew/knows what they would choose long before He ever created them to His exact specifications.

Obviously, if you do not believe your God is omniscient, then this discussion does not pertain to you.

ecco

Veteran Member
1) I was right when I said I answered it when you said I didn't

One of the two "answers" you made (Post #67), was made before I raised the question (Post #68).

Are you crediting yourself with godlike omniscience giving you the ability to address comments before they are made?

The other "answer" you made did not address:
If you believe that He knew the end from the beginning, then you have to admit that He knew Adam and Eve would disobey him.
If you believe that He knew the end from the beginning, then you have to admit that He knew he was going to wipe out almost all of humanity because He didn't like the way they turned out (even though He knew, from the beginning how they would turn out).

But, since you want to assert that your prescient comment ("He knew the end from the beginning") means that you do admit that:
  • He knew Adam and Eve would disobey him.
I'm OK with that.

ecco

Veteran Member
So, why would I pursue a discussion when it is obvious that the interaction is very biased and untruthful?

You need to be very careful when you accuse someone of "untruthfullness" when posting on RF. Perhaps now would be a good time for you to specifically show where I was untruthful.

1. Was it because I didn't want to accept that a comment that you made beforehand was an answer to a comment that came afterward?
  2. Was it because nothing in your post#70, addressed the issue?
If #1, then please explain the basis of your prescience.
If #2, then please show where, in your post #70, you address the comments in my post #68.

What I see in your post #70 is you accusing me of being myopic and have a victim mentality - both unwarranted personal attacks on my character.

Milton Platt

It helps if you put a quote into context when replying to it.

Your God knew, for most of eternity, that He was going to create a Universe and humans to His exact specifications. He knew, for most of eternity, that He would get upset at how His creations, created to His exact specifications, turned out and would destroy all of them. To blame humans is nonsensical.

Humans had/have free-will choice to disobey God. However, your omniscient God knew/knows what they would choose long before He ever created them to His exact specifications.

Obviously, if you do not believe your God is omniscient, then this discussion does not pertain to you.

I would also note that if the god knew from the very beginning all the choices that would be made (omniscience), then humans cannot possibley have free will to make such choices, as it would be impossible to choose that which god did not foresee.