• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Religion Do You Follow?

Which Religion Do You Follow?

• Buddhism

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Christianity

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Islam

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Judaism

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Paganism/Neopaganism

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • None/Non-Religious

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Other Religion (please specify)

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
To be honest, I rather enjoyed my brief stay in Omaha. It's the five hour drive from Omaha to Julesburg that I found a bit off putting.
Boring drive?

I'm 4 hours from Omaha(its to the west of me). Nothing but flat cornfields on that trip...

I haven't been to Omaha personally, but Iowa's pretty uniform.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Iowa City? I have family in the Quad Cities.
I'm in Waterloo, which is about an hour and a half north(west) of Iowa City. Ironically, I have to go to Iowa City today for one of the kids' psychiatric appointments(mental health care for kids is very hard to come by in the Midwest, and often involves travel if the troubles are anything other than very basic).

CharmingOwl

I practice new religious movement. Sometimes it's a category in surveys like this. I would call it Paganism but modern pagan people don't really like to do that since they are trying to adhere strictly to practices from before Christianity.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I practice new religious movement. Sometimes it's a category in surveys like this. I would call it Paganism but modern pagan people don't really like to do that since they are trying to adhere strictly to practices from before Christianity.

So did you opt for Pagan or Other in the poll?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
For the record, I definitely do not do this. And as far as I'm aware, neither do the overwhelming majority of contemporary Pagans. It's the smaller subset of reconstructionist traditions that get strict about that sort of thing, and even they cannot escape modernizing practices because doing otherwise would be... problematic in modern society.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Err, lol what?
Never mind. In one of the World Books of Encyclopaedia Brittanica the Baha’i Faith was mentioned as the second most widespread religion in the world after Christianity. Some religions are just concentrated in certain areas but we are the most internationally spread second to Christianity. This is from 1999. It would be good if there is an updated version.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Anglicanism.
Wow! That’s a change!

You certainly recognize that there is a spiritual side of life!

Good for you.

(You have piqued my curiosity — I have a bunch of questions — but I’ll refrain from asking, for now.)

Have a good day, my cousin.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Never mind. In one of the World Books of Encyclopaedia Brittanica the Baha’i Faith was mentioned as the second most widespread religion in the world after Christianity. Some religions are just concentrated in certain areas but we are the most internationally spread second to Christianity. This is from 1999. It would be good if there is an updated version.

So you're speaking of diversity, not "widespread." However, unless you incorporate per capita as a measure (which it appears the link you post above is doing, though I'm quite skeptical of studies published by a religion itself intended to promote their religion), your assessment, regardless of what your religion says, is wildly inaccurate. Islam is easily #2.

1706265577266.png

And you'll notice in the notes above below the table that Baha'i Faith is included in "other relig."

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
So you're speaking of diversity, not "widespread." However, unless you incorporate per capita as a measure (which it appears the link you post above is doing, though I'm quite skeptical of studies published by a religion itself intended to promote their religion), your assessment, regardless of what your religion says, is wildly inaccurate. Islam is easily #2.

View attachment 87378

And you'll notice in the notes above below the table that Baha'i Faith is included in "other relig."

It was published in Encyclopaedia Brittanica and it was referring to widespread geographically.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
So, which religion do you follow?
Im syncretic. I mix paganism with luciferianism. I voted paganism.
I'd love to know if there is a particular denomination or church or sect or other specific version of the religion you belong to as well.
My main deity is Bastet. I love cats. I have other deities I worship but that one is my patron.
Were you raised in that faith?
No I was raised christian
Did you convert at some point?
Yep when I was 16. I'm now 21 almost 22.