• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which is the easiest religion/sect ?

chinu

chinu
Which is the easiest among all religion/sect in this world you find to follow ? and How ?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
The easiest religion is the one in which an individual feels most comfortable. It's going to be different for each person.

Is it? My experience here is quite a contrast to this. My path is hardly easy. I am, however, extremely comfortable with it.

I think the easiest "religion" would be apatheism. Because... well... you don't do anything.

seeking4truth

Easy?

What do you mean by easy - Something that comes to you with no effort on your part?

In this physical part of life you might find it easier to be non-religious - no rules to follow no effort to be made BUT, when you move to the next spiritual part of your life you will be underdeveloped and have to make much more effort then.

If you find a way which gives you true satisfaction, mental and spiritual, whatever effort you have to make or whatever you have to suffer will seem like peace.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Is it? My experience here is quite a contrast to this. My path is hardly easy. I am, however, extremely comfortable with it.

I think the easiest "religion" would be apatheism. Because... well... you don't do anything.

Yeah, you're right. I was getting my terms mixed up. Buddhism is hardly easy, itself. But I am quite comfortable with it. So let me try to answer this question again. :p

The easiest religion? Conservative Protestant Christianity seems pretty easy. Just say you believe in Jesus, and then proceed to do whatever you want, and you still get heaven when you die. Sounds pretty easy to me.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Easy as in few demands and rules, if any? Quakerism, Unitarian Universalism and Deism.

However, I think any religion is as easy or hard to follow based on the rules and demands people have placed on them, and as hard or easy as you make it.

Buddhism and Hinduism? Really only a few requirements, but fairly crawling with unnecessary rules and superstitious silliness that will not get anyone closer to God, yet people are slaves to. Buddhism and Hinduism can be as easy or as difficult as you make them. According to the Bhagavad Gita, there are really only two "rules", and one suggestion, and even they are optional (and a fourth, accepting the Vedas as divinely revealed):

"Always think of Me and become My devotee. Worship Me and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend." 18.65

"Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear." 18.66

In the Sri Vishnu Sahasranama Sri Krishna Himself said, "Arjuna, one may be desirous of praising by reciting the thousand names. But, on my part, I feel praised by one shloka. There is no doubt about it.”

Buddhism summed up:

Ananda asked: Would it be true to say that the cultivation of loving kindness and compassion is a part of our practice?"

The Buddha replied: "No. It would not be true to say that the cultivation of loving kindness and compassion is part of our practice. It would be true to say that the cultivation of loving kindness and compassion is all of our practice."

Even Christianity can be as easy as pie:

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:34-40

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Another quote of the Buddha's that I really like, and really sums up his teaching, comes from the Dhammapada: "to do good, to avoid evil, and to purify the mind-this is the teaching of all Buddhas."

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
In my opinion Christianity is. Accept Christ and you're good to go. Mess up? Apologize, good to go again.

Titanic

Unitarian Universalism probably. Anyone can join and its very accepting. Not many rules either. It also follows not set dogma so there you go.

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Any path can be as easy or as challenging as you make it.

Any one can be a slothful lout about their practice.

I know Buddhist who are just as (insert judgemental word) as Christians, who are just as ....
as who are as....

You see what I am getting at on those grounds?

One who pours over their practice vs one who doesn't.....
In that aspect there are no one group that win, IMO.

I mean, even an apatheist can want to not care vs having attained a true state of indifference.

Any person/faith can struggle in doubt or in a million other ways.

Am in reading the question right, chinu?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I don't think any faith is all that easy, not even Christianity, as some have claimed. Because in Christianity you have to 1. Give up your old life, 2. Study what Jesus' commands were, 3. Follow those commands. 4. More.

I would feel that no religion could be all that easy because one has to know about it before they can even follow it.

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Chinu.... what set of criteria are you saying 'easy' is?

Even UUism can be 'hard' if you are reading, studying and practicing your beliefs.

Most religious , or practiced philosophies even, acknowledge we aren't perfect, but we should strive diligently for greatness.

So I'm curious to hear some points or markers you, chinu, feel make hard vs easier.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Which is the easiest among all religion/sect in this world you find to follow ? and How ?
Religions aren't supposed to be easy if your doing it right.

Atreyu - Becoming the Bull - "The best path is the hardest earned."

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I imagine the easiest would be the one that is the most mainstream and more accepted in society.