• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where is Heaven?

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
This is a branch off from another thread.

In your opinion and/or religious believe, where is Heaven?

Where would it be if it was on Earth?

Ill explain my POV later.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
According to Belinda Carlisle, heaven is a place on earth. I suppose she has as much authority on the subject as anybody.

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
The lead singer of The Go Gos? So where on Earth does she think Heaven is? Cuz certainly I have not found it.

o_O

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Not on Earth, nor in the sky.

I use the term "Heaven" for going beyond birth and rebirth and all dualities.

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
Unfortunately, Profane, Heaven is closed.

"CLOSED this place closed a long time ago. ... The place is now called Rush with a different phone number"

Besides, it looked like it wouldnt hold everyone anyway.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
This is a branch off from another thread.

Ill explain my POV later.

Heaven is nowhere relative to anything else. It is what is experienced in Mahasamadhi, from what I understand.

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
300px-HK_Kln_Bay_Telford_Plaza_GODIVA_Chocolatier_a.jpg

:D

Heaven is not a place, but a state of mind. Pure Land Buddhism has always never debated the existence of Pure Land, because its reality is evident in the hearts of those that chant the name of Buddha and reflect those changes in one's external actions.

The late pope John Paul II said that Heaven and Hell were states of the soul in its relation to God, and not physical places, although there are some Catholics who still hold to a physical idea of it. Samw with Sufis who hold Paradise and Hell as states of existence. And in the Baha'i Faith, Heaven and Hell don't really exist in the Spiritual Worlds, and are poetic metaphors for how we relate to the Divine. :)

As I've quoted many times on the forum, a question was asked towards a Unitarian minister and Mother Theresa, what is the goal of life?

Mother Theresa: To become holy, and to go to Heaven.
Unitarian minister: To become whole, and to make Heaven on Earth.

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
"Heaven" and "Hell" are typically combined in some Pagan sects, into what we call the Summerlands. I dont know much about it, since I dont care so much were our souls go, so another pagan will have to explain further... Royal?

"Heaven" and "Hell" are typically combined in some Pagan sects, into what we call the Summerlands. I dont know much about it, since I dont care so much were our souls go, so another pagan will have to explain further... Royal?

At least according to Wicca, Summerland is a play off of the idea of Elysium. It is the place of reeds, where the soul, after its journey from this mortal existence, will rest. It is the land of reeds, of fields, a meadow rich and prairie of celestial peace.

If you believe in reincarnation, Summerland is a place of rest before the soul journey's again onto the mortal plane. For others, Summerland is the place where we shall dwell forever.

It is referenced in the Witches' Creed as Elphame:

"So drink the good wine to the Old Gods,
And Dance and make love in their praise,
Till Elphame's fair land shall receive us
In peace at the end of our days.
"

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
Thanks Royal!!! :hugehug: :hearts:

The Summerland is also where the Wiccan God goes after He "dies", where He awaits to be reborn, and does various stuff....

Personally, I dont think we dwell in any place forever, be it the Summerlands, this dimension, or others.