• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where is Heaven?

Civil Shephard

This is a branch off from another thread.

In your opinion and/or religious believe, where is Heaven?

Where would it be if it was on Earth?

Ill explain my POV later.

I believe Heaven is the possesion of those who are poor in spirit and persecuted for their righteousness/goodness according to the beatitudes in Christ Sermon on the Mount. Jesus also says the Kingdom of Heaven is within...

So I believe that Heaven is on earth and is in the hearts of those who are hidden to us when we cannot see through our own pride, fear, anger and suffering for either the wrong we've done or that's been done to us. I believe Heaven is in those who don't resent being and our common origin of being.

Last edited:
A question no one could answer directly and correctly. For me, I believe it is in another plane where the beings have no physical forms, (such as gods and goddesses, angels, etc). Therefore, one that is definitely not on earth.

Hawkins

In the beginning God created the heavens and earth.

Heavens refer to a universe of multiple spaces and dimensions, among which earth is our living place.

There will be a spiritual Exodus where Jesus Christ (the greatest prophet) will lead Christians out of Hades, just like how Moses (the great prophet second to Jesus) led the Jews out of Egypt. The Christians are freed slaves of sin, while the Jews are freed slaves of the Egyptians. The Jews will be led to the promised land of Canaan. The Christians will be led to the promised land of new heaven and new earth.

New heaven and new earth are actually of the human concept "heaven". When we said 'heaven' we mean to say the new heaven and new earth where humans and angels are living with God forever.

So new heaven and new earth can be in one of the spaces in our current universe, or they may refer to one of the spaces of yet another universe. We'll be led there through the spiritualy Exodus.