• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When will the Messiah come? What will He do?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
This question is for Jews. I didn't put it in the Jewish section because it might turn into a debate.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I do not recall a date being given in the Torah, Nevi'im, or Ketuvim.
Yes obviously nobody would know, I just thought since Christians are constantly predicting that the Antichrist or the second coming of Christ will take place in this Century, maybe there are Jews who also have various feelings about when their Messiah will show up.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
But only for Jews?
Or people who have heard jews comment on it.

The Jews I have met in my life were largely secular , and so I've never actually heard a Jewish explanation of who they think their Messiah is and if he's coming anytime soon , and what will he do.

Akivah

Because it is a question that can provoke many diverse views or answers.

Your statements are conflicting. You say you want the opinions of Jews without diverse opinions, but your question is posted in a thread that allows diverse opinions.

Either post in the Jewish section and NOT get diverse opinions OR
Post in this debate section and get lots of diverse opinions.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Your statements are conflicting. You say you want the opinions of Jews without diverse opinions, but your question is posted in a thread that allows diverse opinions.

Either post in the Jewish section and NOT get diverse opinions OR
Post in this debate section and get lots of diverse opinions.
I specified it was a question for Jews.

meaning that is the answer Im most interested in is what Jews have to say, what the Jewish view is, but I want anybody's opinion who would like to give an opinion.

I just care the most about the opinion of Jews. But then again, a person doesn't have to be Jewish to speak about Jewish opinions on an issue, but at the time that means more to me if it comes from a Jew

Akivah

But then again, a person doesn't have to be Jewish to speak about Jewish opinions on an issue, but at the time that means more to me if it comes from a Jew

This statement is quite silly. Should I speak to a Muslim to get their opinions about Christian beliefs? If you are going to get non-Jewish opinions on statements about Judaism, then you are really saying that you don't care what Jews have to say about their own religious beliefs.

In any case, there have been many posts answering this same question, that Christians have asked us for the past 1000 years. The answer isn't changing.
http://www.aish.com/jl/li/m/48944241.html

Spiderman

Veteran Member
This statement is quite silly. Should I speak to a Muslim to get their opinions about Christian beliefs? If you are going to get non-Jewish opinions on statements about Judaism, then you are really saying that you don't care what Jews have to say about their own religious beliefs.

In any case, there have been many posts answering this same question, that Christians have asked us for the past 1000 years. The answer isn't changing.
http://www.aish.com/jl/li/m/48944241.html
Thank you for the link. My primary interest in this thread was what Jews had to say, I just wanted to leave it open to other comments as well.

As I said, it doesn't mean much to me what a gentile has to say about Judaism
Aside from that I do not wish to speak for Jews.

Their theology often greatly differs from person to person.
Which is why I posted it in the debate section.

I've seen enough threads get moved out of the DIRs that I'm hesitant to ever post anything there.

Nobody ever informed me that if a gentile questions a group of Jews about their personal beliefs and theories that they all give the same answer and don't argue.

Last edited by a moderator:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
When will the Messiah come? What will He do?

The Messiah has already come. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad is the Messiah,Imam-Mahdi and the End-Time Reformer of all Religions (Judaism, christianity,Islam, Hinduism,Zoroastrianis and Hinduis etc, etc, and etc) and of course of the Atheists/Agnostics/Skeptics.
Regards

The Messiah will come with Imam Mahdi and they fill world with justice and freedom.
they are kind like a mother to his child.
they will com soon if God want.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The Messiah will come with Imam Mahdi and they fill world with justice and freedom.
they are kind like a mother to his child.
they will com soon if God want.
But, but, but.... @paarsurrey just said that the "The Messiah has already come. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad is the Messiah,Imam-Mahdi and the End-Time Reformer of all Religions ...."

@mohammadshiamuslim As a self-respecting Muslim, do you reject what Paarsurrey is claiming?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
In regards to the question in the OP, my response is "I don't know".

Sorry if I was too wordy.

But, but, but.... @paarsurrey just said that the "The Messiah has already come. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad is the Messiah,Imam-Mahdi and the End-Time Reformer of all Religions ...."

@mohammadshiamuslim As a self-respecting Muslim, do you reject what Paarsurrey is claiming?
hello my friend.
yes.Imam Mahdi and Musses come, fill world by justice(all of muslims believe to this )
if Mirza Ghulam is Imam Mahdi,why world is full of tyrant after many years?