• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When will the Messiah come? What will He do?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
perhaps.
have a good day too:):rose::rose::rose:
LX22_330x370.jpg

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Perhaps I should have put this in the Jew DIR :p
Don't worrry, please,this is the right forum. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad is the Messiah/mochiach/arbitrator for the Jews also. The Jews missed to accept the truthful Jesus in his First Coming, now they stand a chance to accept mochiach/arbitrator in his Second Coming. It is the right forum for them as it is for the Christians. No compulsion however for any body whatsoever. I am just expressing what I sincerely find truthful with no intention to disrespect anybody. They have a right to differ with me, with good and reasonable arguments if any. Please.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Thank you for the link. My primary interest in this thread was what Jews had to say, I just wanted to leave it open to other comments as well.
As I said, it doesn't mean much to me what a gentile has to say about Judaism
Which is why I posted it in the debate section.
I've seen enough threads get moved out of the DIRs that I'm hesitant to ever post anything there.
Nobody ever informed me that if a gentile questions a group of Jews about their personal beliefs and theories that they all give the same answer and don't argue.
Does one hate the gentiles? Do the Jews hate the gentiles? Please
Regards

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Don't worrry, please,this is the right forum. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad is the Messiah/mochiach/arbitrator for the Jews also. The Jews missed to accept the truthful Jesus in his First Coming, now they stand a chance to accept mochiach/arbitrator in his Second Coming. It is the right forum for them as it is for the Christians. No compulsion however for any body whatsoever. I am just expressing what I sincerely find truthful with no intention to disrespect anybody. They have a right to differ with me, with good and reasonable arguments if any. Please.
Regards
was just joking when I said it was in the wrong place. I want people to always feel free to comment

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I love Jews.
The ones I met are thoughtful free thinkers that don't hate me (far as I know. But I don't tell them they're going to hell either)
That is fine, we don't have to judge anybody. G-d would judge everybody. We could only point out the mistakes just to help others with reasons.
Regards

roger1440

I do stuff
This question is for Jews. I didn't put it in the Jewish section because it might turn into a debate.
“When will the Messiah come?” Soon. “What will he do?” A little of this, a little of that.

Am I vague? The prophecies themselves are vague. You won’t even find the concept of the Messiah in one nice little paragraph, chapter or book in Jewish scripture. It is found by piecing together verses written by different people at different times at different locations found in different books using different writing styles. Once all the verses are lumped together the reader then has the tedious task of figuring out what they mean. Many of the verses use metaphors and symbols, other verses are to be taken literal. How is one to decide how to interpret each verse?

Example:

“Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion! Shout, Daughter Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.” (Zechariah 9:9)

Should this verse be taken literal or as a symbol? As a symbol it could mean the Messiah enters Jerusalem with humility.

The author of Matthew interprets this verse literal. Not only literal, but Jesus enters Jerusalem on TWO donkeys.

They brought the donkey and the colt and placed their cloaks on them for Jesus to sit on. (Matthew 21:7)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
no.they are two persons.
Imam Mahdi and prophet jesus.
The End-Time Reformer has been prophesied by almost if not all the revealed religions, since the reformer is one that points out to the fact that none of them has mentioned the proper name of he reformer but all have given his titles in their language or tradition.
A Hadith of Muhammad has clarified it:

Whosoever lives from among you shall meet Isa, son of Mary who is Imam, Mahdi, Arbiter and Judge."
(Musnad Ahmad bin Hanbal, Vol. 2, p. 411)
"Whoever will live from amongst you will see the age of Isa son of Mary. He will be the guided Imam (Imam Mahdi), a just ruler who will break the cross and kill the swine."
[Musand Ahmad bin Hanbal vol 2, page 156]

One could see from the above Hadith, Jesus in Second-Coming is the same person as Imam-Mahdi, none else.​

Regards

Last edited: