• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

when God saved Moses (pbuh) from Pharoah, by date ?

rosends

unforunetly i can't buy anything by internet here , we don't have this option yet .

Is Exodus day, is the same day that Moses (pbuh) and his people saved by cross the sea (when God split sea) ?
that was a few days later (about a week). I am not at home so I can't give you the precise date.

David1967

Premium Member
Since it's confirmed in Quran i believe in it .

I can say i need the date in search project about, is that day match with hadith one ?
Ok. So now you have Inspired me to go buy a copy of the Quran. I am interested in reading this account there as well. I have only read the Exodus story in the English Christian bible versions. You have piqued my interest.Thank you and have a good day.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Ok. So now you have Inspired me to go buy a copy of the Quran. I am interested in reading this account there as well. I have only read the Exodus story in the English Christian bible versions. You have piqued my interest.Thank you and have a good day.
thank you too

Quran is content also the stories of Jesus (pbuh) and Mary (pbuh) ...and most of Prophets

if you don't mind , Quran is online on websites too (for FREE)
this one of my farvorite translation of Quran:
http://quran.com/

Last edited:

Tomorrows_Child

The Exodus was on the 15th of Nisan, 1313BCE (2448 from creation). I would have to dig more for day of the week. You should buy The Jewish Timeline Encyclopedia by Mattis Kantor (ISBN 0876682298)

I found this a very interesting answer (more interesting than the movie itself lol) you say it was only 2448 years after creation....creation of what, man, the universe itself? That's a very short period if I may say so, which made me wonder what you meant.

rosends

I found this a very interesting answer (more interesting than the movie itself lol) you say it was only 2448 years after creation....creation of what, man, the universe itself? That's a very short period if I may say so, which made me wonder what you meant.
The creation date is often considered to be a date when the creation of man was completed or the world as completed. it is not the same as the age of the planet ad depending on how you understand the creation story, it isn't when man-like creatures first appeared on the planet.

Tomorrows_Child

The creation date is often considered to be a date when the creation of man was completed or the world as completed. it is not the same as the age of the planet ad depending on how you understand the creation story, it isn't when man-like creatures first appeared on the planet.

So, when man was created in his current form? and the earth in its current form?

This obviously leads me to another question, which I'm not sure I can ask here. So, I'll ask if I'm allowed. (Let me know).

rosends

So, when man was created in his current form? and the earth in its current form?

This obviously leads me to another question, which I'm not sure I can ask here. So, I'll ask if I'm allowed. (Let me know).
I can;t say exactly what the date signifies specifically -- I know it isn't the creation of the world from scratch. I liked this article; it might give some insight though it is a bit short. Check it out and then decide if you have another question.

Tomorrows_Child

I can;t say exactly what the date signifies specifically -- I know it isn't the creation of the world from scratch. I liked this article; it might give some insight though it is a bit short. Check it out and then decide if you have another question.

Interesting read. I didn't get to the end as it doesn't seem to explain what I wanted but the 5700 years figure was good to come across, as I forgot that is the age of humanity displayed in the Bible and the Jewish scriptures.

But my other question was when you said "man-like creatures" appearing on earth. Do you believe man/humans descended from other creatures?

It's not really a theological question lol Just the way you worded your response so I was curious what you thought personally.

rosends

Interesting read. I didn't get to the end as it doesn't seem to explain what I wanted but the 5700 years figure was good to come across, as I forgot that is the age of humanity displayed in the Bible and the Jewish scriptures.

But my other question was when you said "man-like creatures" appearing on earth. Do you believe man/humans descended from other creatures?

It's not really a theological question lol Just the way you worded your response so I was curious what you thought personally.
If one were to say that the creation of "man" actually marks the imbuing of a soul into mankind, then there could be other entities with exactly the same form as Adam alive at his time who did not receive a soul, even without the need to incorporate the notion of evolving.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Are you coming from the midrashim that the Genesis account of creation is the 7th and last one, which I know many Lubavitch believe in?

rosends

Are you coming from the midrashim that the Genesis account of creation is the 7th and last one, which I know many Lubavitch believe in?
I am simply aware of the plethora of interpretive views. The gemara has opinions, the medrash does and on and on.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I am simply aware of the plethora of interpretive views. The gemara has opinions, the medrash does and on and on.
Thanks, but I was curious as to whether that's where you were coming from (i.e. the Genesis account being the 7th and final creation)? When I read your previous comment, this is where I thought maybe you were coming from. Just curious-- no argument.

rosends

Thanks, but I was curious as to whether that's where you were coming from (i.e. the Genesis account being the 7th and final creation)? When I read your previous comment, this is where I thought maybe you were coming from. Just curious-- no argument.
I try to keep my personal feelings out of discussions like this.

Tomorrows_Child

If one were to say that the creation of "man" actually marks the imbuing of a soul into mankind, then there could be other entities with exactly the same form as Adam alive at his time who did not receive a soul, even without the need to incorporate the notion of evolving.

Do you believe these beings were on earth? Are they predecessors to us?

Tumah

Veteran Member
that was a few days later (about a week). I am not at home so I can't give you the precise date.
If I recall correctly, Shavuos was meant to be on the 6th of Iyar but Moshe pushed it to the 7th, which fell out on a Shabbos. Subtract 52 days (because we're counting the omer plus one extra for 7 instead of 6 Iyar, and an additional one because the omer starts on the second day of Pesach and we want the first day) and Pesach Mitzrayim falls out on a Thursday. Kriyas Yam Suf would be on a Wednesday.

rosends

If I recall correctly, Shavuos was meant to be on the 6th of Iyar but Moshe pushed it to the 7th, which fell out on a Shabbos. Subtract 52 days (because we're counting the omer plus one extra for 7 instead of 6 Iyar, and an additional one because the omer starts on the second day of Pesach and we want the first day) and Pesach Mitzrayim falls out on a Thursday. Kriyas Yam Suf would be on a Wednesday.
the issues of the precise day/date of Shavuos are myriad. IIRC the gemara quotes opinions to support both dates and one view says "so and so is correct but we follow the other". I have to check my writing but I know I researched it.