• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's a "Purple Penguin"?The gender inclusive name for boys & girls in Nebraska public schools

Alceste

Vagabond
Fine, but Purple Penguins is just plain stupid, unless perhaps your speaking to, well, purple penguins.

It's given as an example of a class name. My grade seven class picked "the wizards" as a class name. It's not new. Team names of all kinds have been common since forever.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Tea Partiers hate the concept of gender diversity and are outraged that teachers have the right to make their classrooms safer, more comfortable places for LGBTQ kids.
Thank you so much for your edifying response. I should have known the evil Tea Party brigade was behind this. It's all about the kids.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Don't get me wrong, It's not like I'm going to run up to a transsexual and call him/her a transsexual. If I know the person's name, I will call (him/her) by his/her name. If I don't know his/her name, but am in need of his/her attention, I will invoke their attention by addressing him/her/it in the most respectful manner that is apparent to me at the time.
It can get complicated. I once had a fellow working for me who worked professionally
as what might be mistaken for a drag queen. But I sussed that his style of dress was
fabulous, but not female. So for this "drag king" (my label), it was appropriate to
address him as "he". Some made the mistake of thinking that he identified as "she".
It seemed an honest mistake.
Parenthetical aside: On occasion (parking lot enforcement during events where we
sold parking), his working attire for other events meant that he looked fabulous while
at work for me too (because of preparation time). Once, some guy thought he could
park for free because my young daughter wouldn't cause him any trouble. My guy,
(a muscular 6 footer) in full regalia, chased the offender down, & brought him back
prepared to pay double. ( He was the only one who ever dressed more garishly than I.)
In headgear & heels/blades, he was typically about 7'6"

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
Thank you so much for your edifying response. I should have known the evil Tea Party brigade was behind this. It's all about the kids.

You didn't click the link apparently. It's on a tea party blog. I'm not exactly reaching here to make that connection.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The source of the story is the Tea Party. The Tea Party has also been a role on denying transgender individuals liberties and equalities. It's not just Tea Partiers, but the Tea Party has been very vocal they don't want us using public restrooms of our gender identity, they don't want our gender to legally change at all (which means things like marriage are made unnecessarily difficult), they cringe at the thought of "traditional" gender roles changing and eroding, and they frequently throw out sexual predators when it comes to transgender rights the way many frequently throw out pedophilia when it comes to gay rights. The Tea Party does not want ENDA, they do not want inclusion and protections in public schools, and at times I really get the impression they would force us all back in the closet if they had half a chance.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The source of the story is the Tea Party. The Tea Party has also been a role on denying transgender individuals liberties and equalities. It's not just Tea Partiers, but the Tea Party has been very vocal they don't want us using public restrooms of our gender identity, they don't want our gender to legally change at all (which means things like marriage are made unnecessarily difficult), they cringe at the thought of "traditional" gender roles changing and eroding, and they frequently throw out sexual predators when it comes to transgender rights the way many frequently throw out pedophilia when it comes to gay rights. The Tea Party does not want ENDA, they do not want inclusion and protections in public schools, and at times I really get the impression they would force us all back in the closet if they had half a chance.
Do we know that this is true in general? Thinking only of those I know who voted TP,
they're all pro-LGBT (or whatever the initialism is these days). Perhaps I just live in
an area where they differ from the majority, but they're more about fiscal responsibility,
& distaste for the Big Two. (I try to convert'm to the Libertarian Party, but to no avail.)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Do we know that this is true in general? Thinking only of those I know who voted TP,
they're all pro-LGBT (or whatever the initialism is these days). Perhaps I just live in
an area where they differ from the majority, but they're more about fiscal responsibility,
& distaste for the Big Two. (I try to convert'm to the Libertarian Party, but to no avail.)
Of course not all Tea Partiers are like that, but I see far more of them fighting against trans rights than I do being neutral towards them or even fighting for them.

Sonofason

It's given as an example of a class name. My grade seven class picked "the wizards" as a class name. It's not new. Team names of all kinds have been common since forever.

Oh, I see; it's like team sports, where there are winners and losers.

Hey, if the kids are into it, I really don't care what they're called.

xkatz

And thus the tumblr crusade against the cis male white scum has begun!

Onward, underprivileged humans and otherkin! :)

C0abCgj.png

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

Lol. There are idiots who go around using ridiculous pronoun sets like "fae" and "bun" and also call themselves crap like "demigirl".

Those are examples of how this has gotten out of hand and it's making a mockery out of actual trans people. :facepalm:

Alceste

Vagabond

I get that you're being funny, but can you explain how creating a non-gender-binary learning environment has anything to do with persecuting cis white males? I'm not seeing it. :shrug:

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian

C0abCgj.png

This post just triggered me you racist, sexist, ableist, cis-gendered, heterosexual, white male scum! Check your privilege! This is rape culture! :D

Alceste

Vagabond
Facebook leads the way in helping people to make a mockery out of themselves when they register. Over 50 different terms available to describe one's sex.
Because male and female just isn't good enough anymore. Even for Trans people. :facepalm:

Facebook goes beyond 'male' and 'female' with new gender options

Male and female was never good enough. Gender is about more than your basic biology, and even if it weren't, there have always been children born intersex - both male and female.

xkatz

I get that you're being funny, but can you explain how creating a non-gender-binary learning environment has anything to do with persecuting cis white males? I'm not seeing it. :shrug:
People in this day and age have become too sensitive about having their feelings hurt. Also, I don't see the point of doing away with binary nomenclature when 99% of people identify themselves in some way with it (yes even many LGBT). And I find associating sexuality with pengiuns (or any non-human for that matter) as too similar/alluding to furries/otherkin, whom I believe to be degenerates.