• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would happen if every human being didn't have sexual feelings for other humans ?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Like let's say that everyone became board of sex would love still exist ?
Yes, love would still exist. One person can love another and not have sex with them or want to have sex with them. You love your children and your parents, yes?

I would imagine if people didn't have sexual feelings for one another, they would stop having sex, which would ultimately lead to extinction of our species.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Love would still exist as Humans love things, pets and family just fine without sex being an issue. As to sex because of Human intelligence we would make procreation a Job. Humans would understand that to survive replacements would be needed. Society would definitely be different though.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
If we didn't have any sexual attraction I suspect we would be forced by the state to have sex - so as for the society to survive - can't wait for that to happen, but too late for me. o_O

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
You can just use sperm donation to reproduce.

Came here to add this part specifically as well.

Why do people immediately leap to "No sex? EXTINCTION!"? We have the technology, and in vitro fertilization is even able to break past issues with infertility and sterility. Without the physical act of intercourse we'd likely turn to that as a species to continue propagation.

PureX

Veteran Member
Yes, love would still exist. One person can love another and not have sex with them or want to have sex with them. You love your children and your parents, yes?

I would imagine if people didn't have sexual feelings for one another, they would stop having sex, which would ultimately lead to extinction of our species.
I think they would have sex for the sake of procreating. But not otherwise.

ChieftheCef

Love is really broad, could we define it?

But that would never happen, that hasn't happened in the backwatrdist of times. People in monasteries screw.

ChieftheCef

We would die. We only have children because we feel things for those things we can't mention.

If it were a chirstrian utopia eventually the populace would give out from sheer fact of being a monkey, with toes and fingers, hands, feet, torsos, legs arms and a face and head to match and not being able to ****. That's why all of you are so pissed at everything.

People aren't really comfortable with having children without love.

idealist society 0

Reality 1

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
Sure, I believe it would. Love and sex are not the same things. People love one another now without having sex.

Of course, if we give up sex, the species would end when the most recent generation of babies age and die off.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
Came here to add this part specifically as well.

Why do people immediately leap to "No sex? EXTINCTION!"? We have the technology, and in vitro fertilization is even able to break past issues with infertility and sterility. Without the physical act of intercourse we'd likely turn to that as a species to continue propagation.
Ok. Then the population would be greatly reduced, since we do not have a mass production means of artificial reproduction. I suppose that being bored with sex, the female population isn't also bored with pregnancy.