• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would be missing without God?

tomspug

Absorbant
Obviously, our atheist friends here would have a one word answer, but for those of us that DO believe in God, what exactly do you believe would be lost without him?

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
Assuming we're talking about a creator god then the only two options are "nothing" and "everything".

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
A lot of violence, death, persecution, torture, evil... that is provided religion were to die away also.

tomspug

Absorbant
A lot of violence, death, persecution, torture, evil... that is provided religion were to die away also.
Huh, I would think the exact opposite, but I guess we're talking about different kinds of religion, aren't we? Yours is a religion that is oppressive and totalitarian, while mine is a servant religion that's purpose is to help the sick, needy, forgotten, and lost.

What's sad is how difficult it is to distinguish those two kinds of churches from the ones we have all around us. Sometimes I wish there were a religious equivalent to health inspectors, leaving a letter grade outside a church door.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I think my whole concept of life would change without God......Everything important would cease to exist.....Just void and meaningless.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
We are with god. That premise itself is yet to be proved.
All these are imagination of the MIND which itself needs to be transended.
Love & rgds

I think my whole concept of life would change without God......Everything important would cease to exist.....Just void and meaningless.

Duh, that will happen in 5 billion years from now, when the sun dies out...

... but until then, we can rejoice...:D

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Well since I think God is the Universe my first answer would be; a lot.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Obviously, our atheist friends here would have a one word answer, but for those of us that DO believe in God, what exactly do you believe would be lost without him?
Well, I'm only theist by some definitions; but I would say, "everything" (does that make me an atheist though?).

logician

Everyone needs to define what their god is, some god concepts could be quite malevolent.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I do not believe the question is answerable. Minimally, our ancestors would have been far poorer denied a reification of godliness, purpose, and place with nothing to fill that void.

tkdrocks

Mellowing with Age

Not much would change. Someone would quickly re-invent God again...

Trey of Diamonds

Here's an answer to make the Atheists think.

Humanity.

Now I don't mean that in the physical sense but rather in the whole package sense. Religion, whether real or imagined, is an integral part of what makes humans what they are. Without it, would we exist as the same thing or be something else entirely? Would that something else be better or worse for lacking religion?