• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would be missing without God?

Heneni

Miss Independent
Energy. God can not be created nor destroyed. If he was, then so would energy.

Energy is in everything. God is in everything. If got goes missing, so would everything else.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Here's an answer to make the Atheists think.

Humanity.

Now I don't mean that in the physical sense but rather in the whole package sense. Religion, whether real or imagined, is an integral part of what makes humans what they are. Without it, would we exist as the same thing or be something else entirely? Would that something else be better or worse for lacking religion?

So atheists lack humanity?

logician

Here's an answer to make the Atheists think.

Humanity.

Now I don't mean that in the physical sense but rather in the whole package sense. Religion, whether real or imagined, is an integral part of what makes humans what they are. Without it, would we exist as the same thing or be something else entirely? Would that something else be better or worse for lacking religion?

At least that's what religion wants you to believe. Actually, not true at all, if anything, religion is an inhibiting factor to being self-actualized.

Trey of Diamonds

Now, now. I'm not saying anything bad about atheists. I'm just saying that religion has been around at least as along as mankind, if not longer. Religion is a defining part of humanity as a whole and without it we would be something different. IMHO

scottb

...for those of us that DO believe in God, what exactly do you believe would be lost without him?

I don't understand the question. Which God? You can't assume that everyone else perceives God the same way you do. When you say "God," what exactly is it that you are talking about?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I don't understand the question. Which God? You can't assume that everyone else perceives God the same way you do. When you say "God," what exactly is it that you are talking about?
Each of the answers to the question supplies an answer to yours.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
God is love.............Family and friends that I love of course, but all without hope. Sorry if you can't understand that Heathen.....I can't understand your concepts either.:shrug:

Why are postmortem cookies a requisite for love and hope in the here and now?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Obviously, our atheist friends here would have a one word answer, but for those of us that DO believe in God, what exactly do you believe would be lost without him?
Well, as most do not have the slightest idea about what can be described as their "larger identity, I would have to say, "Not much!" It is difficult to "miss" that which one is unaware of.

PS: Just a niggly point, but "god" is not a he or she. "God" cannot be pinned down to a singular being or entity and remain faithful to the reality that is being concretized by the concept itself. Such singular concepts of "god" are virtually meaningless in my excuse for an opinion.

Last edited:

Trey of Diamonds

Since there are no society known to be without a god, and the world is in such a mess, you can draw your own conclusions...

I know what my conclusions are, I was wondering what other folks thought about the subject. Your attempt at being mysterious does allow us to make an assumption I suppose.

scottb

Each of the answers to the question supplies an answer to yours.

Not really, but I get your point.

In classic Deism, "God" is Nature's God, or the creator of the natural universe. No God, no universe.

In contemporary Deism, "God" is more of a human abstraction. We say certain kinds of prayers at government ceremonies. We put "In God we trust" on our government items. The Deist "God" provides a common ground for people of all faiths to come together under one flag, while at the same time allowing people to have different beliefs.

When some close to us and they nearly die, "God" is that to which we are thankful when we are thankful they didn't die.

Without the God of contemporary Deism we lose the fabric that allows people of all faiths to come together, undivided, with liberty and justice for all, under one flag.

We also lose Something to be thankful towards when good things happen.