• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religion is scientifically proven?

Dream Angel

You know I didn't even have to read the post to know you were a muslim.....

We get it...every muslim thinks Islam is scientifically proven, can you please move onto something else!

Its all about perception of the verses....if you really want something to be there (in this case scientific knowledge) you will see it. Someone else will look at that passage and say it has nothing to do with the big bang.

Oh by the way - no religion is scientifically proven, if it were, every scientist would be religious...which they are not!

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
None of them.

Aspects of every religion have been shown to be scientifically sound. But that is a far cry from being 'scientifically proven'.

One would first have to scientifically prove god... and that is impossible.

wa:do

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Unless that which you consider to be God is existence itself which is energy and potential. That is my "God". It is scientific as far as I can tell.:shrug:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It is not refutable by science. Not the same thing as being scientific, alas.

Of course, neither does it need to be.

There is another thread about this here: http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/religious-debates/59483-one-simple-question-4.html#post1000811 . This is what I had to say:
Ancient beliefs on the origins and mechanics of nature are so numerous and so diverse that it shouldn't be surprising that some of them happen to be compatible with modern science.

Here is a "detailed description" of atoms, hundreds of years before Islam, and thousands of years before scientists confirmed the existence of atom ( Atom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ):
The earliest references to the concept of atoms date back to ancient India in the 6th century BCE. [2] The Nyaya and Vaisheshika schools developed elaborate theories of how atoms combined into more complex objects (first in pairs, then trios of pairs). [3] The references to atoms in the West emerged a century later from Leucippus whose student, Democritus, systemized his views. In around 450 BCE, Democritus coined the term atomos, which meant "uncuttable".
WOW! This must have been divinely inspired. Therefore, everything the Nyaya and Vaisheshika schools of Indian philosophy wrote must be true, and everything Democritus wrote must be true. Right?

From Origin belief - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Orok origin myth:
The earth was completely liquid, but the liquid was slowly diminishing and the earth was hardening. Under the heat, cliffs and stones boiled.
It's true! When the Earth formed it was a hot liquid which cooled and hardened. Therefore, the Orok were divinely inspired. Therefore, everything they said must be true. Right?

Taosim:
Tao is the nameless void, the mother of the Ten Thousand Things. Tao is considered by Laozi to be that which eternally gives without being depleted, and eternally receives without being filled. That which does not exist for its own sake is able to endure.[2]
This is clearly a detailed account of the mysterious Dark Energy that physicists have only recently discovered! Therefore, the ancient Taoists were divinely inspired. Therefore, everything they said must be true. Right?

Zen:
Everything and nothing are all interconnected, inseparable, a whole.
This ancient belief of Zen Buddhists has only recently been confirmed by physicists, who have found that the entire universe was once one. Also, physicists know that even in vacuum ("nothing") we have "virtual particles" popping in and out of existence. Therefore, the Zen Buddhists were divinely inspired. Therefore, everything they said must be true. Right?

Hindu:
According to Hindu mythology creation happened gradually. The universe in primitive form was made up of Ishwar Tattva, the Ishwar Tattva primarily spread homogeneously throughout the universe.
It's true! It happened gradually over 14 billion years. The creation of humans was a slow process of evolution over 4 billion years. And the primitive universe was homogeneous according to physicists. Therefore, the Hindus were divinely inspired. Therefore, everything they said must be true. Right?

Maori:
The Māori creation myth tells how heaven and earth were once joined as Ranginui, the Sky Father, and Papatuanuku, the Earth Mother, lay together in a tight embrace. They had many children who lived in the darkness between them. The children wished to live in the light and so separated their unwilling parents.
A "tight embrace"? Sounds like the singularity before the Big Bang. The "many children" sound like all the particles of quarks and leptons that make up our universe. The "sky" and "earth" (space and matter) were seperated, as in an expansion, to allow for light. Physicists didn't discover until the last 50 years that the early universe was too dense for photons of light to escape....it was only the seperation of space and matter that allowed photons to escape, which is the light we see in the form of the Cosmic Background Radiation.

Therefore, the Maori were divinely inspired. Therefore, everything they said must be true. Right?

Yoruba:
Orshilana created humans out of the earth
It's true! Organisms arose out of the materials on the primitive Earth, and we evolved from those organisms, so we humans did come from earth. Therefore, the Yoruba were divinely inspired. Therefore, everything they said must be true. Right?

And let's not forget, the stuff the ancient Muslims didn't know fills volumes. They didn't know plague was spread by flea-carrying rats. That's because they had no idea disease was caused by microscopic organisms. Gee, that would have been a nice detail about science to include.

For that matter, Eratosthenes accurately estimated the circumference of the Earth; the ancient Greeks had devices to predict eclipses and planetary motions; Democritus argued for the atomistic theory of matter. And countless experts in politics, economics, biology, physics and astronomy have surpassed what is written in the Qu'ran. That's why we have huge libraries filled with the works of Da Vinci, Darwin, Einstein, and so on.

ayani

in light of scientific / objective proof for skeptics of a specifc faith, i would personally recommend Lee Strobel's "The Case for Christ".

it's unique, and a wonderful read- journalistic, asking tough and pointed (and often touchy) questions, and sitting down with both skeptical rebuttals and responses.

not Islamic, no, but certainly scientific, and worth the read.

ayani I've heard about that book, and I was interested in reading it but according to this review at infidels.org Review of Lee Strobel THE CASE FOR CHRIST

"The Case for Christ is a summary of Strobel's interviews with thirteen leading Evangelical apologists, including Craig Blomberg, Bruze Metzger, Edwin Yamauchi, Ben Witherington III, and William Lane Craig. In light of Strobel's frequent reminders that he used to be a hard-nosed, skeptical journalist, I skimmed the table of contents and index to see which critics of Christianity he interviewed. In so doing, I discovered a glaring deficiency in Strobel's journalism: Strobel did not interview any critics of Christian apologetics, even though he attacks such individuals in his book.[2]"

ayani

did the reviewer of this book read the book after skimming the contents?

i would argue that Strobel himself, coming to interview these Christias as a skeptic determined to critique the basis of their faith, and determined to raise very valid and difficult questions (and demand answers) acts as the book's strongest critic of Chrstian apologeics.

Strobel's questions which he poses head on to the scholars he interviews are not light or simplistic, and are questions i've heard countles skeptics voice and attempt to answer, sometimes in elaborately researched and best-selling books, others in journalstic articles.

i do recommend it.

That was a line from the beginning of the review, yes he did read the book he was just giving his first impression. The reviewer still recommends the book. But there is no getting around the fact that, as objective as it may be, the book would be *more* objective and convincing if he interviewed people other than evangelical apologists.

Just imagine the reverse: imagine a book written by a former Christian, where the once-Christian investigative journalist interviews a bunch of skeptics and asks them tough questions, but doesn't interview any Christians. Then he becomes a skeptic and titles the book 'The Case Against Christ'. What would you think?

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
It is not refutable by science. Not the same thing as being scientific, alas.

Of course, neither does it need to be.

That's true. I guess that which exists does not need to be proven by science, nor can it be disproved. It just is what it is. Thank you. What greater vision of "God" can there be than existence itself? But everyone is entitled to their own vision of God and that is good.

Last edited:

logician

That's true. I guess that which exists does not need to be proven by science, nor can it be disproved. It just is what it is. Thank you. What greater vision of "God" can there be than existence itself? But everyone is entitled to their own vision of God and that is good.

Again, why disprove something that has not been proven?

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Again, why disprove something that has not been proven?

Exactly. There are undoubtedly many things in this Universe that exist which we are unable to prove. Perhaps there are other planets out there with life such as ours that actually exist. Until we know that for sure though, we can not disprove the possibility of there existing such a thing. We simply don't know. I would say that the Biblical God/Deity, Satan, Heaven and Hell do not exist. Those concepts were concocted out of Man's fear of the unknown.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I wonder. Why do people even attempt to prove that their faiths are scientifically accurate? I just don't see the point.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I wonder. Why do people even attempt to prove that their faiths are scientifically accurate? I just don't see the point.
I agree. I think it's because if one attempts to prove religion with science, they can say their religion is from God, and thus theirs is the 'right' religion? :shrug:

Jonsul

Ehh....
This thread is pointless nothing can be proven.
Especially religions with so much based in the past.

You can only not disprove it. And just about all religions are not disproved.
Instead you should ask, "What Religions are disproved?"

There's alot of evidence for the biblical creation. But that again can't prove anything and only helps to not disprove it even more.

frg001

Complex bunch of atoms
There's alot of evidence for the biblical creation.

There is? What that a deity created the world in 7 days, populated it with a man, created a woman from his rib, and then an apple was eaten etc...

Where on earth is the evidence for this?

Even most xians I know regard this as symbolic.