• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Orthodox Judaism Really Believes

Parsimony

Has Orthodox Judaism changed over time? Would the beliefs and practices of today have been the same as during the time of Moses? Is there any way of knowing?

xkatz

What you want someone to say is that there was an Egyptian goddess named Taurowet, known as the Great One, who was the keeper of the celestial order and that, to quote you, "Taking the Egyptian icon for Celestial Order upon which under the principle "As above, so below" Jews remade the Egyptian Taurowet into the Jewish Torah taking out imagery of her as they took out most all religious imagery to replace it's authority with their Word of God words on scrolls. As Word of God the Jewish priesthoods could control the interpretation of those Words of God. Not so astrological constellations which were there in the sky for everyone to see and use. So astrology became verbotten in Judaism lest astrologers become more important than Jewish priests. The Celestial Torah was pulled down to earth by Jewish priests who by condemning the astrological basis of the Celestial Torah completely derailed it from its original purpose which was to keep alive in the minds of human beings on earth the Order God had placed in the heavens as Signs for the guidance of human life on earth."

So others know where you're coming from, to get the מעשוגאַס out on the table, I am posting the link to your website. By the way, how many forums is it now that you have managed to get yourself banned from?

Celestial Torah Christianity

93543-91962.jpg

Tumah

Veteran Member
Has Orthodox Judaism changed over time? Would the beliefs and practices of today have been the same as during the time of Moses? Is there any way of knowing?

The beliefs: I have no reason to say not.

The practices: Well, Egypt was adamant about not providing them with an electricity infrastructure while they were in the desert for 40 years. Something about having just suffered from a number of mishaps. I don't know the details.
So I'm going to say, yes, the practices were different.

On a more serious note, no the practices were not the same. Previous generations have less restrictions than later generations as the Rabbis put more safeguards in place. That would be like, it used to be one could ride an animal on the Sabbath. But then the Rabbis prohibited it, to prevent people from ripping branches of trees (which was a Biblical prohibition).
Also earlier generations arbitrate the Law for successive generations. So that means, in an earlier generation you would find more diverse forms of the performance of the Law, while today there would be more unanimity. That would be like, how in the Talmud one Rabbi and his students would do things one way and another would do things another. Then the Talmud would decide which one successive generations were to follow.
There are also things that either weren't practices or weren't practiced the same way in earlier generations. For instance, I saw a passage a few months ago that says that Booths for the Festival of Booths were not built/used from the time of Moses until the Second Temple period. And the whole order of Temple worship as recorded in the Talmud, is only a description of Second Temple worship, not First.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
By the way, how many forums is it now that you have managed to get yourself banned from?

Well, it appears that our "friend" has managed, in fairly short order, to add this forum to the forums where he has made himself persona non grata.

Now, I'll never get the answer to my question.

Don't worry. I'll live.