• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What makes you to stay away from wrong things like cheating, frauding, thieving etc.. ?

Alceste

Vagabond
I thought a person understands and feels for another person because he wants to. I have never imagined the FBI looks for people with empathy for working with the criminal mind. If empathy is just a skill people have, like math or music, it can be used for bad or good.

It's actually a huge pain in the butt. I can't stop myself from feeling how other people are feeling, whether I care or not. It's really uncomfortable sometimes. I burn out, and need a lot of time by myself.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Several time blameless people are declared as blameworthy in this world without any reason. Thus.. what makes you to stay away from wrong things like cheating, frauding, thieving etc.. ? Is it God, if no, than why not ? if it is something else, than what is it ?

common sense, and a sense of dignity towards mankind

underthesun

Terrible with Titles
Mostly, the fact that I could get caught and the consequences could royally mess up my life.

But then also because it doesn't feel right, since we've been trained our entire lives not to do it.

Also I usually am not in the house of someone I hate enough to happily steal from. I tend to avoid such people at all costs.​

Curious George

Veteran Member
A complex firing of neurons which is caused by different chemicals. These chemicals are released however, due to the introduction of stimuli. The response to certain stimuli is affected by both evolution and adaption. Thus, my genetics, my socialization, and my own rationalization all play an important role in my "decision" to stay away from "wrong" things.

Awoon

Several time blameless people are declared as blameworthy in this world without any reason. Thus.. what makes you to stay away from wrong things like cheating, frauding, thieving etc.. ? Is it God, if no, than why not ? if it is something else, than what is it ?

I don't have time nor the energy to waste to sit around thinking/doing about cheating, frauding, thieving.

My garage got broke into once, the thief wired the key switch for the garage door to open. I told a friend that I could never think to do that that way. My friend's answer was, "you know way?" I said why?" He said because you aint a thief."

Last edited:

chinu

chinu
There is no overseer to bail us out of the consequences of our mistakes and our polluting of our own vital flow.
Why do you think that if there's any overseer, Than such overseer is responsible to bail us, rather than giving us treatment for that mistake ?