• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is Your Personal Agenda?

Super Universe

Defender of God
What is your personal agenda?

We all have an agenda. You probably won't like to admit to it. Your control drama is a closely guarded secret that you never want exposed. You probably don't even realize it but I guarantee that others know what your "agenda" or control drama is. We usually have many but certain ones we use more than others.

Do you want control of all the money?

Are you excessively afraid of certain things?

Are you afraid of being in charge so you do almost nothing?

Is your relationship fair and equal?

Are you lazy?

Do you have self esteem issues that cause you to over eat?

Do you have self esteem issues that cause you to over criticize others and put them down in your own mind just to feel better about yourself?

Do you think you are better than others at anything?

The Talker

There is a man who talks and talks and talks. He will talk for 5 hours about himself and when he gets tired he turns on the tv as if to say "there is nothing you can tell me that I would find interesting". When others try to say something this man usually interrupts them with a raised voice to get back the attention just so he can tell another boring story about himself. He doesn't know any jokes or funny stories. He doesn't know very much about his "friends" because he doesn't listen. He's never done much, never been anywhere, and only has a high school education but he thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

The Control Freak

There is a woman who is a control freak. Her first husband worked while she stayed home and laid on the couch and smoked cigarettes all day long. She had total control of the money, the house, and then the kids. She would fix cereal for the kids for breakfast, lunch was peanut butter and jelly, then when her husband came home from work he would prepare a full meal, oh, and he stopped at the grocery store on the way home because she's too lazy to go to the store.

After five years of marriage the woman cheated on her husband because there was nothing more that she could get out of him. She married the other guy but divorced him after ten years because he was cheating on her. She hit the bars, met another guy, got married because she has to have something to control but he turned out to be more of a control freak than she is and now she has no power over him at all. She is absolutely miserable but afraid of what people will think of her if she gets divorced a third time and she doesn't want to grow old alone.

The Woman Who Is Afraid of Any Responsibility

There is a 31 year old woman with blue hair. She is very over weight. She has never had a job. She sits at home while her husband works all day. They do not have children because the woman is afraid of any responsibility at all. She is on the computer all day long except she gets off when her husband comes home so they can go and get fast food. Neither one of them can cook. He works, she has total control of the money. They live in a small apartment that they've lived in for 10 years. She doesn't want a house or her own vehicle. She does not go outside very often.

The Paranoid Man

There is a paranoid man. He is most afraid of germs, being murdered, being sued, and what people think of him. He is very shallow. He thinks it's much more important to appear to be successful to complete strangers than be a good husband and father.

As a child this paranoid man would warn the other kids when playing to be careful about getting cut with rusted metal because it causes lockjaw. Lockjaw is tetanus, something everyone is vaccinated for.

This paranoid man controls the money, the home, the vehicles, and is afraid to touch or hug his twin girls because he thinks someone might think he is a child molester.

This man has cheated on his wife multiple times and leaves sometimes for as long as a week. He gets a new car every year because he wants people to think he is successful. He had all the carpet torn out of his house when his wife was 8 months pregnant with twins because he knew the kids would spill things on the carpet and it sinks under the carpet so you can't clean it all up. He thinks it would get moldy and you would get sick often and not know what was causing it. His children had to learn to walk on tile floors. The front door, the security door, the rear door, and all the windows have to be locked all day long so no one can come in and murder him. The alarm has to be set every night. The vehicles have to be car washed once a week. He is an alcoholic because when he is drunk he is not afraid so he tries to stay drunk. He is a police officer and after work he hits the bars and drives home drunk. He blames the stress of the job but won't admit that he has always been excessively afraid.

What is your agenda or control drama? Do you even know?

What are your fears? Are they reasonable?

I'll go first:

I think I'm smarter than average but I have 5 years of college. I like to debate things a bit too much. It pisses me off when people keep themselves simple and have a shallow understanding of things. To me, you don't have the right to form an opinion if you haven't put in the time and work to learn about an issue. I'm excessively afraid of spiders, just the creepy ones, not daddy long legs. I'm excessively afraid/angry about being controlled by anyone. I really don't like other peoples stupid rules. I think most people are inherently selfish.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What is your personal agenda?

We all have an agenda. You probably won't like to admit to it. Your control drama is a closely guarded secret that you never want exposed. You probably don't even realize it but I guarantee that others know what your "agenda" or control drama is. We usually have many but certain ones we use more than others.

Do you want control of all the money?

Are you excessively afraid of certain things?

Are you afraid of being in charge so you do almost nothing?

Is your relationship fair and equal?

Are you lazy?

Do you have self esteem issues that cause you to over eat?

Do you have self esteem issues that cause you to over criticize others and put them down in your own mind just to feel better about yourself?

Do you think you are better than others at anything?

The Talker

There is a man who talks and talks and talks. He will talk for 5 hours about himself and when he gets tired he turns on the tv as if to say "there is nothing you can tell me that I would find interesting". When others try to say something this man usually interrupts them with a raised voice to get back the attention just so he can tell another boring story about himself. He doesn't know any jokes or funny stories. He doesn't know very much about his "friends" because he doesn't listen. He's never done much, never been anywhere, and only has a high school education but he thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

The Control Freak

There is a woman who is a control freak. Her first husband worked while she stayed home and laid on the couch and smoked cigarettes all day long. She had total control of the money, the house, and then the kids. She would fix cereal for the kids for breakfast, lunch was peanut butter and jelly, then when her husband came home from work he would prepare a full meal, oh, and he stopped at the grocery store on the way home because she's too lazy to go to the store.

After five years of marriage the woman cheated on her husband because there was nothing more that she could get out of him. She married the other guy but divorced him after ten years because he was cheating on her. She hit the bars, met another guy, got married because she has to have something to control but he turned out to be more of a control freak than she is and now she has no power over him at all. She is absolutely miserable but afraid of what people will think of her if she gets divorced a third time and she doesn't want to grow old alone.

The Woman Who Is Afraid of Any Responsibility

There is a 31 year old woman with blue hair. She is very over weight. She has never had a job. She sits at home while her husband works all day. They do not have children because the woman is afraid of any responsibility at all. She is on the computer all day long except she gets off when her husband comes home so they can go and get fast food. Neither one of them can cook. He works, she has total control of the money. They live in a small apartment that they've lived in for 10 years. She doesn't want a house or her own vehicle. She does not go outside very often.

The Paranoid Man

There is a paranoid man. He is most afraid of germs, being murdered, being sued, and what people think of him. He is very shallow. He thinks it's much more important to appear to be successful to complete strangers than be a good husband and father.

As a child this paranoid man would warn the other kids when playing to be careful about getting cut with rusted metal because it causes lockjaw. Lockjaw is tetanus, something everyone is vaccinated for.

This paranoid man controls the money, the home, the vehicles, and is afraid to touch or hug his twin girls because he thinks someone might think he is a child molester.

This man has cheated on his wife multiple times and leaves sometimes for as long as a week. He gets a new car every year because he wants people to think he is successful. He had all the carpet torn out of his house when his wife was 8 months pregnant with twins because he knew the kids would spill things on the carpet and it sinks under the carpet so you can't clean it all up. He thinks it would get moldy and you would get sick often and not know what was causing it. His children had to learn to walk on tile floors. The front door, the security door, the rear door, and all the windows have to be locked all day long so no one can come in and murder him. The alarm has to be set every night. The vehicles have to be car washed once a week. He is an alcoholic because when he is drunk he is not afraid so he tries to stay drunk. He is a police officer and after work he hits the bars and drives home drunk. He blames the stress of the job but won't admit that he has always been excessively afraid.

What is your agenda or control drama? Do you even know?

What are your fears? Are they reasonable?

I'll go first:

I think I'm smarter than average but I have 5 years of college. I like to debate things a bit too much. It pisses me off when people keep themselves simple and have a shallow understanding of things. To me, you don't have the right to form an opinion if you haven't put in the time and work to learn about an issue. I'm excessively afraid of spiders, just the creepy ones, not daddy long legs. I'm excessively afraid/angry about being controlled by anyone. I really don't like other peoples stupid rules. I think most people are inherently selfish.

My agenda is to get folks to question the truth they've invested themselves in. I do this myself and find it quite liberating. I hope others will find the same.

My really dark, dark agenda is to find enough time to play computer games. I take care of other stuff as quickly and efficiently as possible so I have more time to play computer games. I justify this because of a degenerative spinal disease, I find mobility painful and problematic. Games allow me to at least pretend I'm athletic and more mobile than I am and makes me forget about the pain.

Laika

Premium Member
It's too illegal to type here.

Have you been Hamster ****ing again? The Pet store may notice if you return them traumatised with a sore rear and claiming you are not satisfied with your purchase. I'll never forgive you for putting poor nibbles in the microwave.

how could you? you inhuman monster!

:D

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you been Hamster ****ing again? The Pet store may notice if you return them traumatised with a sore rear and claiming you are not satisfied with your purchase. I'll never forgive you for putting poor nibbles in the microwave.

how could you? you inhuman monster!

:D
You're projecting again!

DavidFirth

Do you want control of all the money? No, just enough to live on.

Are you excessively afraid of certain things? No.

Are you afraid of being in charge so you do almost nothing? No.

Is your relationship fair and equal? Probably not.

Are you lazy? Yes.

Do you have self esteem issues that cause you to over eat? No.

Do you have self esteem issues that cause you to over criticize others and put them down in your own mind just to feel better about yourself? No.

Do you think you are better than others at anything? I was a pretty good baseball player about 20-30 years ago but not now.

Laika

Premium Member
You're projecting again!

you can't hide the truth forever, Rival. The Hamsters know what you're doing.

1333387307_dramatic_hamster_behind_cocacola_bottle.gif

Super Universe

Defender of God
My agenda is to get folks to question the truth they've invested themselves in. I do this myself and find it quite liberating. I hope others will find the same.

My really dark, dark agenda is to find enough time to play computer games. I take care of other stuff as quickly and efficiently as possible so I have more time to play computer games. I justify this because of a degenerative spinal disease, I find mobility painful and problematic. Games allow me to at least pretend I'm athletic and more mobile than I am and makes me forget about the pain.

So you want to get people to realize they are fooling themselves with their ideas about God and heaven?

How much of your pessimistic view is because you have a disease?

Do you think that God can't exist because, to you, if He did then He would have cured you or eliminated all disease?

Super Universe

Defender of God
My agenda is to get though life with my family and friends as happy as possible.

So you are a giver.

What would you say is the division of labor between you and your spouse?

Who does most of the work?

Who has control of the money?

Are there any self esteem issues?

Do you or your spouse ever complain to each other about friends/relatives?

You don't think you are better at anything than any person you know?

Super Universe

Defender of God
My agenda is to get though life with my family and friends as happy as possible.

So you are a giver.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Do you want control of all the money? No, just enough to live on.

Are you excessively afraid of certain things? No.

Are you afraid of being in charge so you do almost nothing? No.

Is your relationship fair and equal? Probably not.

Are you lazy? Yes.

Do you have self esteem issues that cause you to over eat? No.

Do you have self esteem issues that cause you to over criticize others and put them down in your own mind just to feel better about yourself? No.

Do you think you are better than others at anything? I was a pretty good baseball player about 20-30 years ago but not now.

You want just enough money to live on? You don't need much money to live in a hut in New Guinea.

You're relationship is "probably not" fair and equal? What percentage would you say does one person have over the other?

You admit that you are lazy? Is the reason you are lazy because no matter how hard you work it won't give you the one thing you really want most?

You were a pretty good baseball player 20-30 years ago? Pretty good little league player? Or, pretty good high school player? Or, pretty good college player? Or did you play in the MLB?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
So you want to get people to realize they are fooling themselves with their ideas about God and heaven?

No, just getting folks to question whatever they accept as truth. Nothing is specific to God.

How much of your pessimistic view is because you have a disease?

Questioning what you accept as truth is pessimistic? Like I said, I find it liberating. If you find it a downer, don't do it. You might find you like it but if it's too much for you, that's ok. It's not always the easiest thing to handle.

Do you think that God can't exist because, to you, if He did then He would have cured you or eliminated all disease?

I don't really have any beliefs about God. Therefore I have no idea what God would or wouldn't do. It's your belief so you can believe God would act according to however you believe God should be acting.

A Vestigial Mote

My agenda is to raise enough questions that people realize there is no good sense to be had in believing in God/gods/supernaturality. Telling stories and pretending for the sake of a good fiction? Sure, have at it - even I enjoy that immensely. Truthfully believing? Don't make me laugh. I've taken up the torch in real-life, on occasion, though I am not nearly as caustic as I get on here under the umbrella of anonymity. I'm honestly not out to hurt anyone, but I am sure it happens - and I guess I don't care. Words have very little effect on me unless they are cogent, thought-out and nearly obviously, or arguably true. Negative words aimed at me may as well be nothing, even if they are true. Which is probably one of the main reasons I can't empathize with people who take words to heart, and therefore find myself not caring when arguing religion among other things. Though I suppose it might be a different story were those words to come from someone close, like my kids. I suppose that gets at my biggest fear - that my kids would somehow come to lose respect for me. I don't feel I am in any danger of this fear becoming reality, but I still fear it, and likely always will.

Also on my list/agenda is the attempt to always garner more free time. Somehow find time to be alone in my endeavors, and free from the guilt that many people try and pin on you for not doing what they seem to feel you should be doing. That sort of expectation is something I will never understand, because I don't exercise it myself on anyone, unless it comes down to blatantly obvious personal responsibilities on the part of the one being expected to take care of an issue, and even then I don't press unless pushed. Others go about the business of letting you know what they think you should be doing like it is their job, or some right they were granted by an authority of some kind (ends up being themselves most of the time).

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
So you are a giver.

I believe I do more of the work in our house and she would say she does. The only division of labor is what she won't let me do. I married at 32 and lived by myself from 18 so I can do anything needed.

We both work full time jobs.

We have a joint account we both use, she has a personal account from before we were married. I just opened an account to trade stocks and I couldn't figure out how to do it jointly.

Yes we both have self esteem issues but I don't think they are any different than other people.

My spouse has problems with my parents but I have problems with my parents. I have problems with one of her brothers but the police have problems with the same brother.

No, I believe all people are equal in total but different in parts.

Super Universe

Defender of God
No, just getting folks to question whatever they accept as truth. Nothing is specific to God.

Questioning what you accept as truth is pessimistic? Like I said, I find it liberating. If you find it a downer, don't do it. You might find you like it but if it's too much for you, that's ok. It's not always the easiest thing to handle.

I don't really have any beliefs about God. Therefore I have no idea what God would or wouldn't do. It's your belief so you can believe God would act according to however you believe God should be acting.

You think we should question things we accept as truth? I agree with you but only as a philosophy experiment. If questioning everything was used in a day to day practice it would be extremely inefficient to have to explain why this is so and that is so in detail. We all have to accept that the building will not just fall down and that the food is safe to eat.

Questioning what others accept as truth is pessimistic? Some see God as providing a heaven that is a paradise so I would say that not believing in that idea is pessimistic.

Do you think that you should have received something to believe that God exists? A sign or perhaps even a better life?

You don't really have any belief's about God? But you are a cycnic who spends time at a religious forum. So, you didn't get something important that you wanted in life, therefore, God doesn't exist and you can't understand how others could think that He does.

Super Universe

Defender of God
My agenda is to raise enough questions that people realize there is no good sense to be had in believing in God/gods/supernaturality. Telling stories and pretending for the sake of a good fiction? Sure, have at it - even I enjoy that immensely. Truthfully believing? Don't make me laugh. I've taken up the torch in real-life, on occasion, though I am not nearly as caustic as I get on here under the umbrella of anonymity. I'm honestly not out to hurt anyone, but I am sure it happens - and I guess I don't care. Words have very little effect on me unless they are cogent, thought-out and nearly obviously, or arguably true. Negative words aimed at me may as well be nothing, even if they are true. Which is probably one of the main reasons I can't empathize with people who take words to heart, and therefore find myself not caring when arguing religion among other things. Though I suppose it might be a different story were those words to come from someone close, like my kids. I suppose that gets at my biggest fear - that my kids would somehow come to lose respect for me. I don't feel I am in any danger of this fear becoming reality, but I still fear it, and likely always will.

Also on my list/agenda is the attempt to always garner more free time. Somehow find time to be alone in my endeavors, and free from the guilt that many people try and pin on you for not doing what they seem to feel you should be doing. That sort of expectation is something I will never understand, because I don't exercise it myself on anyone, unless it comes down to blatantly obvious personal responsibilities on the part of the one being expected to take care of an issue, and even then I don't press unless pushed. Others go about the business of letting you know what they think you should be doing like it is their job, or some right they were granted by an authority of some kind (ends up being themselves most of the time).

You've tried to be very cryptic in your response, giving generalizations instead of specifics. You're hiding something.

Your agenda is to make people become atheists? So you have this overwhelming feeling that everyone should be just like you, because you're right?

You don't like it when others complain about what you are doing? Are they complaining about what they feel is a lack of morality on your part?

Super Universe

Defender of God
I believe I do more of the work in our house and she would say she does. The only division of labor is what she won't let me do. I married at 32 and lived by myself from 18 so I can do anything needed.

We both work full time jobs.

We have a joint account we both use, she has a personal account from before we were married. I just opened an account to trade stocks and I couldn't figure out how to do it jointly.

Yes we both have self esteem issues but I don't think they are any different than other people.

My spouse has problems with my parents but I have problems with my parents. I have problems with one of her brothers but the police have problems with the same brother.

No, I believe all people are equal in total but different in parts.

You believe that you do more of the work yet she believes that she does more. Only one of you is correct. So, one of you is justifying doing less because of an issue, probably something that happened to them in the past that has caused some trauma.

You both have self esteem issues but that's no different than any other people? Correct, but not everyone realizes and admits to their self esteem, fear, and control issues.

You believe all people are equal in total but different in parts? Yes. I believe that all people are of equal value to God but not equal in ability.

On a side note, to become really successful at trading stocks you have to do a great deal of research and when the market is climbing at full speed ahead like it is now it can give you a very false sense of competence. I would recommend going with a reputable mutual fund company, sticking entirely with index funds, something based upon the S+P 500, like Vanguards 500 Index Fund, put it in and leave it alone.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
You think we should question things we accept as truth? I agree with you but only as a philosophy experiment. If questioning everything was used in a day to day practice it would be extremely inefficient to have to explain why this is so and that is so in detail. We all have to accept that the building will not just fall down and that the food is safe to eat.

Yes, just some ideas. Just ideas we took someone else's word for and never actually look into it for ourselves. If you've tested something for yourself and found it to be true, then good.

Questioning what others accept as truth is pessimistic? Some see God as providing a heaven that is a paradise so I would say that not believing in that idea is pessimistic.

I don't really have a need to believe in these things. If they do exist great, if not, I'm ok with that too. I'm just a little more suspicious when I have a need for something to be true. This almost automatically creates a bias. It's just usually a little easier to see things clearly if you avoid as much as you can your own bias.

Do you think that you should have received something to believe that God exists? A sign or perhaps even a better life?

No, it's more that I realize how unreliable personal experience can be. So if I'm going to accept something as true I like to be able to validate it beyond my own personal experience. If I'm going to claim something is true I'd like to be able to prove it to them scientifically first.

You don't really have any belief's about God? But you are a cycnic who spends time at a religious forum. So, you didn't get something important that you wanted in life, therefore, God doesn't exist and you can't understand how others could think that He does.

I'm here because I like folks to question what I accept as true. Unfortunately I still take some truths as granted. Until someone else comes along to question some statement I made I might go along accepting it's truth without question. It helps to get a different perspective on these things.

Family and friends often feel hurt if you question their truths. So it's just easier on a forum where there is some anonymity.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
You believe that you do more of the work yet she believes that she does more. Only one of you is correct. So, one of you is justifying doing less because of an issue, probably something that happened to them in the past that has caused some trauma.

You both have self esteem issues but that's no different than any other people? Correct, but not everyone realizes and admits to their self esteem, fear, and control issues.

You believe all people are equal in total but different in parts? Yes. I believe that all people are of equal value to God but not equal in ability.

On a side note, to become really successful at trading stocks you have to do a great deal of research and when the market is climbing at full speed ahead like it is now it can give you a very false sense of competence. I would recommend going with a reputable mutual fund company, sticking entirely with index funds, something based upon the S+P 500, like Vanguards 500 Index Fund, put it in and leave it alone.

What are you a psychoanalyst?

pyschologist-1.jpg