• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is Your Personal Agenda?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Same thing we do every night, Pinkie. Try to take over the world!

While you're trying to take over the world, I'll be working on my secret plan to destroy the world, using the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

Curious George

Veteran Member
What is your personal agenda?

We all have an agenda. You probably won't like to admit to it. Your control drama is a closely guarded secret that you never want exposed. You probably don't even realize it but I guarantee that others know what your "agenda" or control drama is. We usually have many but certain ones we use more than others.

Do you want control of all the money?

Are you excessively afraid of certain things?

Are you afraid of being in charge so you do almost nothing?

Is your relationship fair and equal?

Are you lazy?

Do you have self esteem issues that cause you to over eat?

Do you have self esteem issues that cause you to over criticize others and put them down in your own mind just to feel better about yourself?

Do you think you are better than others at anything?

The Talker

There is a man who talks and talks and talks. He will talk for 5 hours about himself and when he gets tired he turns on the tv as if to say "there is nothing you can tell me that I would find interesting". When others try to say something this man usually interrupts them with a raised voice to get back the attention just so he can tell another boring story about himself. He doesn't know any jokes or funny stories. He doesn't know very much about his "friends" because he doesn't listen. He's never done much, never been anywhere, and only has a high school education but he thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

The Control Freak

There is a woman who is a control freak. Her first husband worked while she stayed home and laid on the couch and smoked cigarettes all day long. She had total control of the money, the house, and then the kids. She would fix cereal for the kids for breakfast, lunch was peanut butter and jelly, then when her husband came home from work he would prepare a full meal, oh, and he stopped at the grocery store on the way home because she's too lazy to go to the store.

After five years of marriage the woman cheated on her husband because there was nothing more that she could get out of him. She married the other guy but divorced him after ten years because he was cheating on her. She hit the bars, met another guy, got married because she has to have something to control but he turned out to be more of a control freak than she is and now she has no power over him at all. She is absolutely miserable but afraid of what people will think of her if she gets divorced a third time and she doesn't want to grow old alone.

The Woman Who Is Afraid of Any Responsibility

There is a 31 year old woman with blue hair. She is very over weight. She has never had a job. She sits at home while her husband works all day. They do not have children because the woman is afraid of any responsibility at all. She is on the computer all day long except she gets off when her husband comes home so they can go and get fast food. Neither one of them can cook. He works, she has total control of the money. They live in a small apartment that they've lived in for 10 years. She doesn't want a house or her own vehicle. She does not go outside very often.

The Paranoid Man

There is a paranoid man. He is most afraid of germs, being murdered, being sued, and what people think of him. He is very shallow. He thinks it's much more important to appear to be successful to complete strangers than be a good husband and father.

As a child this paranoid man would warn the other kids when playing to be careful about getting cut with rusted metal because it causes lockjaw. Lockjaw is tetanus, something everyone is vaccinated for.

This paranoid man controls the money, the home, the vehicles, and is afraid to touch or hug his twin girls because he thinks someone might think he is a child molester.

This man has cheated on his wife multiple times and leaves sometimes for as long as a week. He gets a new car every year because he wants people to think he is successful. He had all the carpet torn out of his house when his wife was 8 months pregnant with twins because he knew the kids would spill things on the carpet and it sinks under the carpet so you can't clean it all up. He thinks it would get moldy and you would get sick often and not know what was causing it. His children had to learn to walk on tile floors. The front door, the security door, the rear door, and all the windows have to be locked all day long so no one can come in and murder him. The alarm has to be set every night. The vehicles have to be car washed once a week. He is an alcoholic because when he is drunk he is not afraid so he tries to stay drunk. He is a police officer and after work he hits the bars and drives home drunk. He blames the stress of the job but won't admit that he has always been excessively afraid.

What is your agenda or control drama? Do you even know?

What are your fears? Are they reasonable?

I'll go first:

I think I'm smarter than average but I have 5 years of college. I like to debate things a bit too much. It pisses me off when people keep themselves simple and have a shallow understanding of things. To me, you don't have the right to form an opinion if you haven't put in the time and work to learn about an issue. I'm excessively afraid of spiders, just the creepy ones, not daddy long legs. I'm excessively afraid/angry about being controlled by anyone. I really don't like other peoples stupid rules. I think most people are inherently selfish.
Perhaps a recent reading has pushed you towards accepting a false dichotomy?

Not everything is a manipulation.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
What is your personal agenda?
I am not at liberty to give a full and frank description of my agenda. If folks are interested they are welcome to donate an exceedingly large monetary donation to one of my off shore accounts. (PM me for details.)

We all have an agenda. You probably won't like to admit to it. Your control drama is a closely guarded secret that you never want exposed. You probably don't even realize it but I guarantee that others know what your "agenda" or control drama is. We usually have many but certain ones we use more than others.
I rather doubt that, LOL. That said, I am confident saying that some folks might think they know. There is an important difference.

Do you want control of all the money?
No, I'm not Jewish. (Sorry @Tumah I couldn't resist.) That said, I am very much in "control" of my money.

Are you excessively afraid of certain things?
I suffer from no unnatural fears. Nope... nothing.

I used to be afraid of tornadoes but then I figured out why I was seeing them in my dreams and they went away...

Are you afraid of being in charge so you do almost nothing?
To use an old concept, I'm a "B" type personality who can and will assume a role of leadership - if pressed.

Is your relationship fair and equal?
Life is not fair and equal. Why would I pretend to be any different?

Are you lazy?
Not generally, but I can be. I work hard enough to earn my "down time".

Do you have self esteem issues that cause you to over eat?
No, but I am a superb cook. :)

Do you have self esteem issues that cause you to over criticize others and put them down in your own mind just to feel better about yourself?
Nope. When I criticize others I usually have very good reasons and employ very unorthodox "teaching" methods. I don't do this to make myself feel better. I'm a veritable basket of bliss.

Do you think you are better than others at anything?
I don't think I am; I know I am. At the same time, I know there is always going to be somebody who is better at any given task than I am. Knowing that helps to keep my hat size down.

What are your fears? Are they reasonable?
I do not have any unnatural fears. Zero. Zip. Notta.

Good to see you back, @Super Universe you seemed to have mellowed a bit over the intervening period.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
While you're trying to take over the world, I'll be working on my secret plan to destroy the world, using the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator.
:eek: What did Marvin tell you! Those Martians...

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
My agenda is to be in control of myself, and to be freed of my psychological hang ups. (I don't count my introversion as a psychological hang up.)

If I can help out others in the process, great!

Super Universe

Defender of God
No, lol.

Is that an interrogation? Or are you really asking?

My point wasn't clear enough?

Question or interrogation, how would anyone know the difference?

Your point was clear. You don't like the topic so you claimed it might be false but you provided no supporting evidence for your claim.

So if it's not the towels, which it probably really is and you just won't admit to it, it must be the home window blinds. They always have to be closed, right?

Super Universe

Defender of God
Nobody fits an archetype. Everyone is unique. Everyone has nuance.

Actual human beings don't fit into neat, predetermined boxes.

Nobody fits an archetype? Everyone is unique? Everyone has nuance? There is variation within all species but that does not mean individuals exceed definition of the species they belong to.

Actual humans don't fit into neat, predetermined boxes? Everything fits into boxes. If what you are saying was true we would not be able to define a human. You might want to check Websters.

Super Universe

Defender of God
I want the human race to be prosperous, intelligent, and reach the stars beyond. i want to be proud to be a human.
People are just reading the title and not the opening post.

Your agenda is how you manipulate others in order to feel good about yourself.

Super Universe

Defender of God
My agenda is to be in control of myself, and to be freed of my psychological hang ups. (I don't count my introversion as a psychological hang up.)

If I can help out others in the process, great!

You want to be in control of yourself? So, are you obsessive/compulsive?

You are introverted? Do you know why? Were you abused as a child?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Nobody fits an archetype? Everyone is unique? Everyone has nuance? There is variation within all species but that does not mean individuals exceed definition of the species they belong to.
None of your archetypes were drawn along species lines.

(And BTW: species aren't neat boxes either)

Actual humans don't fit into neat, predetermined boxes? Everything fits into boxes. If what you are saying was true we would not be able to define a human. You might want to check Websters.
"Human" wasn't one of your archetypes.

(And yes, even "human" isn't a neat category)

In any case, the archetypes you listed in the OP do not capture the nuance and entirety of any person. They're lazy prejudice, nothing more.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
You want to be in control of yourself? So, are you obsessive/compulsive?
Maybe a bit obsessive, but not compulsive.

You are introverted? Do you know why? Were you abused as a child?
I was abused more as an adult than as a child.
As for my introversion: I've always liked to think and contemplate by myself, although I don't mind thinking and contemplating with others.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I believe and promote secular humanism and I critique attacks on SH. I'd like to make a positive dent in the world, I want to be a life-long learner, and I want to do what I can to protect the planet for my kids and everyone's kids (and their kids and so on), to enjoy.

Super Universe

Defender of God
None of your archetypes were drawn along species lines.

(And BTW: species aren't neat boxes either)

"Human" wasn't one of your archetypes.

(And yes, even "human" isn't a neat category)

In any case, the archetypes you listed in the OP do not capture the nuance and entirety of any person. They're lazy prejudice, nothing more.

None of my archtypes were drawn along species lines? Each example is a real person that I know. Each "archtype" as you like to call them fits within the actions of the human species, not outside of the species. I did not say that the people live in the ocean or build nests and live in the trees. Please provide evidence that the examples given cannot be real people.

Species definitions do not fit into neat boxes? Websters does not have to meet your definition of neat to come up with a definition, neither do others.

Human was not one of my archtypes? So, you're saying the "Talker", "The Woman Who Is Afraid of Any Responsibilty" and "The Paranoid Man" are not human? I will look at your evidence. Uhh, do you have any?

The examples I listed do not capture the nuance and entirety of any person? I didn't say they did and I doubt that anyone assumed that what I wrote was the entire personality of those people.

Why do you assume that any example of a person has to be a novel? You're arguing that if we don't know everything about a person or thing then we can't know anything about a person or thing. That's incorrect.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Maybe a bit obsessive, but not compulsive.

I was abused more as an adult than as a child.
As for my introversion: I've always liked to think and contemplate by myself, although I don't mind thinking and contemplating with others.

What things are you obsessive about? Cleanliness? Door and window locks?

You were abused more as an adult than as a child? Past trauma affects future behavior. Was the abuse from your spouse?