• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with those people who get tattoos?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Source please.
The news. From France and the USA to Iraq and Afghanistan, if somebody blows up themselves and a bunch of women and children odds are VERY good that the bomber believes in Allah. Better than for any other group of people by far.
Tom

sovietchild

No matter how you put it, it will always comes down to death, because if you were able to live up to 10,000 years then why would you want to get a tattoo at age 20? Maybe because you are depressed and lost all the hope, you don't have any support to bring you up and inspire you, lift you up and encourage you to move on and face the obstacles in your life.

Last edited:

sovietchild

The news. From France and the USA to Iraq and Afghanistan, if somebody blows up themselves and a bunch of women and children odds are VERY good that the bomber believes in Allah. Better than for any other group of people by far.
Tom
I'm sorry to trouble you but I prefer If you provide me with your source about that study.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Maybe because you are depressed and lost all the hope, you don't have any support to bring you up and inspire you, lift you up and encourage you to move on and face the obstacles in your life.
And maybe you are feeling rich and happy and full of yourself. You are the one claiming to know why people do things, not me.
Tom

sovietchild

I have a tattoo to honor my father, who passed away 5 years ago. Every time I see it, I'm reminded of him and how much we loved each other.

If you think there is something wrong with me for that, then so be it.

Everything on earth marches forward, preparing for a new season — and so should you.

sovietchild

Yes. Your OP is excessively judgemental and you seem inordinately interested in others' actions which do not affect you. It's none of your business what people do with their own bodies.

How do you know it does not effect me? How would you know if it does not effect millions of mothers out there?

meghanwaterlillies

What is wrong with those people who get tattoos? Are they afraid of something, and so in order to feel confident they tattoo them selves?
No, why? I would say its a bit of a stigma creation. Its not even harmful to others' bodies.
Like why jump to those conclusions. Maybe its personal for you, I don't know. I never saw someone go to a tattoo shop crying that if they didn't have a tattoo no one would think their "cool". They jumped to the same conclusion with cigarettes.

sovietchild

No, why? I would say its a bit of a stigma creation. Its not even harmful to others' bodies.
Like why jump to those conclusions. Maybe its personal for you, I don't know. I never saw someone go to a tattoo shop crying that if they didn't have a tattoo no one would think their "cool". They jumped to the same conclusion with cigarettes.

So what are you trying to say?

meghanwaterlillies

So what are you trying to say? What conclusions am I jumping to?
You said what's wrong with those people who get tattoos? Are they doing it because they lack confidence?
There are people that group mentally, and not really because they wanted too, like I mean picked something they wanted personally.
Some get over it.
But other than that,
I don't know ? You tell me. I suppose you have to ask each one individually why...

sovietchild

You said what's wrong with those people who get tattoos? Are they doing it because they lack confidence?
There are people that group mentally, and not really because they wanted too, like I mean picked something they wanted personally.
Some get over it.
But other than that,
I don't know ? You tell me. I suppose you have to ask each one individually why...

The area where I just moved in like 2 years ago is infested by people with tattoos. The city it self is famous for its bars. Maybe there is a link between two.