• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with those people who don't believe in God?

Animore

I'll answer your question.

If God revealed himself to me, what reason would I have to obey without question? There are horrible diseases, "accidents", etc. that should be asked of this God. I see no reason to kiss the *** of a God who causes this.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
In Islam they call it fitrah - Primordial Nature of Man.

"Every single child is born upon the fitrah, and then his parents may make him into a Jew or Christian or Magian."

Pretty much it means everyone was born believing in one God.
Do..do people just not exist before Jews? Because if not, I'd like you to explain a massive number of things to me, starting with Babylon. We'll get to China after we finish somewhere in ****ing Egypt.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
If something bad happens you, will you automatically start praying to God?
Nope. I am 60 years old and the thought simply would not occur to me and I've been through some pretty interesting situations over the years, I assure you, LOL.

sovietchild

Nope. I am 60 years old and the thought simply would not occur to me and I've been through some pretty interesting situations over the years, I assure you, LOL.

Like earthquake...stock under a rubble of a skyscraper.

I think you would pray to God to save you.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

Why though? It's not part of my reality. Please try to understand that. I'd be more inclined to immediately take stock of my situation and then act. No god required. Again, please try to understand that not only do some of us no longer believe in any god concepts but further to this... ... we no longer NEED god.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Why though? It's not part of my reality. Please try to understand that. I'd be more inclined to immediately take stock of my situation and then act. No god required. Again, please try to understand that not only do some of us no longer believe in any god concepts but further to this... ... we no longer NEED god.
What's the wrong with you :p

sovietchild

What is wrong with those people who think they no longer need God? Maybe they gave up, they lost all the hope and stopped being aggressive. Some one need to inspire them and lift them up, give them hope so they would be more aggressive.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
No buddy really attacked me in this topic like they usually do. As if atheist actually believe deep inside.

Mostly we've been trolled by better.
If you'd put a little effort into the OP, really sell the self-rightousness, you might get more of a reaction.

But if you're just gonna half-arse an attack on us, don't be surprised when we can't be bothered getting our knickers in a twist.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Here is a website that is all about atheists serving in the American military, maintaining atheism despite being in life-or-death situations. http://militaryatheists.org/atheists-in-foxholes/

And that's good. Because if people only believe in gods when they're fearing for their lives, then that's a pretty selfish reason for being a theist. Not because a relationship or love that they have, but because they're afraid of their own mortality.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
In Islam they call it fitrah - Primordial Nature of Man.

"Every single child is born upon the fitrah, and then his parents may make him into a Jew or Christian or Magian."

Pretty much it means everyone was born believing in one God.
One of several reasons why I don't think much of the Qur'an. It pretty tells me outright that it is wrong.

sovietchild

Mostly we've been trolled by better.
If you'd put a little effort into the OP, really sell the self-rightousness, you might get more of a reaction.

But if you're just gonna half-arse an attack on us, don't be surprised when we can't be bothered getting our knickers in a twist.

What are you doing being an authority on religious forum? Maybe you got deep roots in religion.

tumblr_mg5y15KyPb1qa3bzoo1_400.gif

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
What is wrong with those people who think they no longer need God?
There is nothing wrong with me. I'm one of the most psychologically stable people you are ever likely to come across.

Maybe they gave up, they lost all the hope and stopped being aggressive.
It's remarkable that you think that this might be so. I guess you can't face the fact that some of us have simply outgrown such childish thinking.

Some one need to inspire them and lift them up, give them hope so they would be more aggressive.
That would not work for me as I am not a follower. I'd rather be alone against the universe than submit to the supposed authority of Islamic "scholars".

idav

Being
Premium Member
What is wrong with those people who think they no longer need God? Maybe they gave up, they lost all the hope and stopped being aggressive. Some one need to inspire them and lift them up, give them hope so they would be more aggressive.
Some people use God as a crutch which atheists have no use for.