• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with those people who don't believe in God?

Ben Avraham

The point is that nothing can cause only nothing to exist. What caused this "something or Someone" to exist? Do you have any idea?

You simply repeated my question perhaps meaning it to be your reply. Have you noticed that? I am sorry to remind you.

ArtieE

You simply repeated my question perhaps meaning it to be your reply. Have you noticed that? I am sorry to remind you.
Your original post said: "The point is that nothing can cause only nothing to exist. Things exist though and, only something or Someone must have caused them to exist. What or Who caused the Universe to exist? Do you have any idea?"

I'm just saying that no what or Who caused the universe to exist. There's never been a time when the universe hasn't existed. There was never a time an hour before the universe existed where something or Someone hadn't caused it to exist yet. Asking what or Who caused the Universe to exist is meaningless. And even if there had been a time an hour before the universe existed claiming that something or Someone had caused it to exist wouldn't help much because then you just would have to explain what caused something or Someone to exist in the first place.

Ben Avraham

Your original post said: "The point is that nothing can cause only nothing to exist. Things exist though and, only something or Someone must have caused them to exist. What or Who caused the Universe to exist? Do you have any idea?"

I'm just saying that no what or Who caused the universe to exist. There's never been a time when the universe hasn't existed. There was never a time an hour before the universe existed where something or Someone hadn't caused it to exist yet. Asking what or Who caused the Universe to exist is meaningless. And even if there had been a time an hour before the universe existed claiming that something or Someone had caused it to exist wouldn't help much because then you just would have to explain what caused something or Someone to exist in the first place.

Well, if there has never been a time that the Universe has not existed, why would the Scientists speak of the age of the Universe by means of the carbon-14? To speak of age for the Universe is an evidence that there was a time when the Universe had not existed. That's before it was caused to exist. So, Who caused the Universe to exist? You can't escape that. The Universe is composed of matter and matter has not existed for eternity. Why? Because we are parts of the Universe and we all know that we are born, and die. The Universe cannot be eternal if it is composed of temporary elements. The concept of Causality likewise, does not work when nothing is being caused. So, by necessity, the Primal Cause Who could not have been caused became responsible for the existence of the Universe.

ArtieE

Well, if there has never been a time that the Universe has not existed, why would the Scientists speak of the age of the Universe by means of the carbon-14? To speak of age for the Universe is an evidence that there was a time when the Universe had not existed. That's before it was caused to exist. So, Who caused the Universe to exist? You can't escape that.
The universe and time exist together! No universe, no time! Time exists because the universe exists! There was no time before the universe existed! To have time you have to have a universe!

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Well, if there has never been a time that the Universe has not existed, why would the Scientists speak of the age of the Universe by means of the carbon-14? To speak of age for the Universe is an evidence that there was a time when the Universe had not existed. That's before it was caused to exist. So, Who caused the Universe to exist? You can't escape that. The Universe is composed of matter and matter has not existed for eternity. Why? Because we are parts of the Universe and we all know that we are born, and die. The Universe cannot be eternal if it is composed of temporary elements. The concept of Causality likewise, does not work when nothing is being caused. So, by necessity, the Primal Cause Who could not have been caused became responsible for the existence of the Universe.

Not necessarily. There's no reason to believe the Primal Cause (i.e. your god) is actually the Primal Cause beyond theological convenience for you. The title of 'Primal Cause' can be applied with equal validity to an infinite number of Causers existing prior to your god which have as much likelihood of existing.

Ben Avraham

Not necessarily. There's no reason to believe the Primal Cause (i.e. your god) is actually the Primal Cause beyond theological convenience for you. The title of 'Primal Cause' can be applied with equal validity to an infinite number of Causers existing prior to your god which have as much likelihood of existing.

Well, prove what you say above by producing the proper evidence for you claim. If not the Primal Cause, Who could have caused the Universe to exist? If you don't know, just say you don't know. That's all!

Ben Avraham

The universe and time exist together! No universe, no time! Time exists because the universe exists! There was no time before the universe existed! To have time you have to have a universe!

The Primal Cause is not subject to time. Since time is an accident of matter in motion, there would be no time without matter. At least you know that there was no time before the Universe existed. I commend you for that. Work from that perspective and you will probably conceive the truth about the Primal Cause.

ArtieE

The Primal Cause is not subject to time. Since time is an accident of matter in motion, there would be no time without matter. At least you know that there was no time before the Universe existed. I commend you for that. Work from that perspective and you will probably conceive the truth about the Primal Cause.
LOL Since there was no time before the Universe existed there was no time in which your Primal Cause could exist and hadn't caused the universe yet. So your Primal Cause theory is logically impossible.