• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with those people who don't believe in God?

sovietchild

What is wrong with a God that doesn't make itself readily apparent to everyone?

I have a question for you. If God tomorrow would reveal himself, would atheists actually believe? Would they still believe in him? Will atheists come up with all sorts of theories to explain what happened? Was it a hallucination, or some magic trick played by someone, or some other medical-scientific reasoning behind it?

idav

Being
Premium Member
I have a question for you. If God tomorrow would reveal himself, would atheists actually believe? Would they still believe in him? Will atheists come up with all sorts of theories to explain what happened? Was it a hallucination, or some magic trick played by someone, or some other medical-scientific reasoning behind it?
Knowing God exists would still be independent of people actually worshiping the being. Everyone's different so there may be some Lucifer sympathizers, that is if that were the God that revealed itself. Some people don't take to the "bow and worship me for eternity" thing.

Rapha

They are all ignorant because they all obey their globalist handlers, by functioning as cannon fodder in wars that do not make any sense to them. They do this to usher in the antiChrist, who, supposedly they do not believe in.

Give them a paycheck and they will gladly nuke themselves to prove Order out of Chaos when the antiChrist takes control of the world.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Nothing is wrong. I prefer honorable atheists to hypocritical believers any day and I'm strongly convinced God exists.

The vast majority of atheists I know believe in truth, justice, beauty, love, harmony and joy. I believe those are attributes of God. In other words, we hold the same ideals and goals in our hearts in spite of our minds differing in intellectual formulations.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think its the belief in God but the nature of life and death which most Theists today really disagree with Atheists about the most. Most commonly a discussion about God between Theists and Atheists devolves into a conversation about life and death.

We've looked at the evidence (or lack of it) and come to e conclusion that god(s) were invented by men who wish to control other men and women.

Some of us find that line of argument even more implausible and lacking in evidence than the existence of gods ;)

It's one of the worst arguments ever.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Their DNA lacks the "need gene." They're incapable of developing a need for the reassurance and comfort that religious faith provides. Religious need and comfort just don't register in their system as important. In fact, this lack of the "need gene" seems to be compensated for by the far stronger development of the "reason gene."

Altfish

Veteran Member
Some of us find that line of argument even more implausible and lacking in evidence than the existence of gods ;)

It is not an argument, it is a hypothesis, that is based on evidence.
Look at Scientology or Mormonism we know who created both those religions - because they are fairly recent creations, how do you know that the other religions didn't start in similar ways?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

But when we nontheists ask "Why?", the evidence always devolves into delusions and preferences and humans making unsupported claims.
Tom