• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with sharia law?

Kirran

Premium Member
I don't made prejudice.

You are against homosexuality, and you want to turn gay people straight. So you're prejudiced. What would you say if you had a child, and your child came home one day and said they were in love with someone of the same gender and wanted to get married? If anything than 'Fantastic, I'm happy for you!' then you are prejudiced.

Ah you taking about some people lied ?

So you make generalizing that all homosexual people whom turned to straight are liars ?

No, I am not saying that. I am saying it is a matter of repression and self-denial.

Yes we don't have club.

Well, let's start one.

@Smart_Guy, @Debater Slayer, Godobeyer says I am an Arab so I think we should start a club.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
You are against homosexuality, and you want to turn gay people straight. So you're prejudiced. What would you say if you had a child, and your child came home one day and said they were in love with someone of the same gender and wanted to get married? If anything than 'Fantastic, I'm happy for you!' then you are prejudiced.
I don't make any prejudice here, that just in your imagination.

Yes I do consider homosexuality as wrong relation,as also many Westerns.

I said it's possible to turn homosexual people to straight you said it's immpossible but happened once or twice !

No, I am not saying that. I am saying it is a matter of repression and self-denial.

"Some people said we are homosexual, we back to straight and married opposite gender." what you say to them ?

Well, let's start one.

@Smart_Guy, @Debater Slayer, Godobeyer says I am an Arab so I think we should start a club.
Yes , so you need to start learn some Arabic, we will help you :)

Kirran

Premium Member
I don't make any prejudice here, that just in your imagination.

Yes I do consider homosexuality as wrong relation,as also many Westerns.

I said it's possible to turn homosexual people to straight you said it's immpossible but happened once or twice !

If you consider "homosexuality as wrong relation" then you are prejudiced. That's it. You didn't answer my question.

"Some people said we are homosexual, we back to straight and married opposite gender." what you say to them ?

That it's self-denial, internalised homophobia and repression.

Kirran

Premium Member
That it sounds like they might be bisexual with an attraction stronger towards one sex than the other at some points.

Yeah, in many cases yeah I think so.

Although often they'll be straight up near/exclusive same-sex attracted and just be going through societally-induced psychological torture.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Every country is different I believe. For example in Yemen unmarried men face whipping or one year in prison.

In Saud Arabia under the country’s interpretation of sharia law, a married man engaging in sodomy or any non-Muslim who commits sodomy with a Muslim can be stoned to death. All sex outside of marriage is illegal.

So what you're saying is sharia law is good in theory but only works on paper? Where have we heard that line used before?

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
People are missing a key point. These nations with outrageous crime rates are corrupt from the top levels of government. Replacing the justice system does not solve the corruption from this level. It only provides another tool for a corrupt government. Corruption and justice are incomparable. It does not matter the justice system you use as none solve the core issues.

An excellent point. But one that quells dissenting opinions & stifles independent thought as violently as sharia law surely makes a bad situation worse?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
And you also reject the stories/sources of homosexual people whom turned to straight.
I do indeed. They can't possibly overcome what I know of in person.

It does not help that I have so much reason to mistrust those stories on their own, either.

Kirran

Premium Member
More anecdotes and individual opinions.

In other news, I just made a monetary donation to Muslims for Progressive Values, which is actively promoting acceptance of diverse genders and sexualities within Islam.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I do indeed. They can't possibly overcome what I know of in person.

It does not help that I have so much reason to mistrust those stories on their own, either.
Seems we are on disagreement.

I do trust stories , because fact is, gay/lesbien people get already relation with straight people with their own choice.

Kirran

Premium Member
Seems we are on disagreement.

I do trust stories , because fact is, gay/lesbien people get already relation with straight people with their own choice.

I could have sex with a man and enjoy it too, wouldn't make me gay.

You can have sex with your hand and enjoy it, doesn't mean you're sexually attracted to hands.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
If you consider "homosexuality as wrong relation" then you are prejudiced. That's it. You didn't answer my question.
I do believe that most of humans believe that homosexuality is wrong.

I do believe that most of homosexual people want to turn straight, and some could make it.

That it's self-denial, internalised homophobia and repression.
except if you get insert your self in their bodies :D

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I could have sex with a man and enjoy it too, wouldn't make me gay.

You can have sex with your hand and enjoy it, doesn't mean you're sexually attracted to hands.
SO everything is possible ;)

Kirran

Premium Member
I do believe that most of humans believe that homosexuality is wrong.

Maybe, I don't know.

I do believe that most of homosexual people want to turn straight, and some could make it.

The first is nothing short of conjecture, and the latter is incorrect.

except if you get insert your self in their bodies :D

What do you mean?

SO everything is possible ;)

That's not what I said even remotely.

Shad

Veteran Member
An excellent point. But one that quells dissenting opinions & stifles independent thought as violently as sharia law surely makes a bad situation worse?

I already made a point regarding human rights abuses by nations which use Sharia days ago. Sharia being adopted by said nations is not going to produce any number of "Gold Stars" of merit. Sharia is a collectivist idea which will only help such dictators maintain power.